Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    X-Men: The Last Stand (Rittenhouse Archives)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X-Men: The Last Stand (Rittenhouse Archives)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of ghostrider666
posted
Opened my first box yersterday. I havent collated the cards yet, so I dont know if there a base set, I assume so. IMO I dont like the lay out of the commons. Hard to determine which is the front & back of each card. Also some of the pics have the common blury problem that cgi images present for cards.

The wrappers are 1 point each for this release.

The inserts I pulled were:
3 of the Wolverine In Action (W) cards
Kind of a wasted subset IMO

2 of the Casting Call (CC) cards
Very nice chase cards IMO good layout, good looking

1 of the art (ART) cards
Another very nice insert card, looks like a little painted portrait. Very cool.

1 of the Take a Stand (T) 1 per 2 boxes cards.
Cool chase card on a thick clear plastic. But 1 per every 2 boxes, I think with the best of luch, you'd need 18 boxes to put together the sub set. Crazy IMO.

1 auto card, Olivia Williams (Dr. MacTaggart)
The character had about 20 sec. of movie time. But at least its more than some of the signers, & she actually had spoken lines.

{edited to correct thread title only so that it conforms to other thread titles in the box breakdown forum}

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 1495 | Location: Hbg Pa USA | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ghostrider666:

1 of the Take a Stand (T) 1 per 2 boxes cards.
Cool chase card on a thick clear plastic. But 1 per every 2 boxes, I think with the best of luch, you'd need 18 boxes to put together the sub set. Crazy IMO.

1 auto card, Olivia Williams (Dr. MacTaggart)
The character had about 20 sec. of movie time. But at least its more than some of the signers, & she actually had spoken lines.

{edited to correct thread title only so that it conforms to other thread titles in the box breakdown forum}

I think the Take a Stand set is only a 6 card set so you'd need a minimum of 12 boxes (case).

I like Olivia Williams she played the wife )IIRC) of Bruce Willis in 6th sense. And also appeared in Spaced taking off the role from that movie. Smile

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just opened my box. Didn't seperate the commons yet either.

I received three Wolverine in Action cards, two casting calls, 1 ART card (Beast) and 1 autograph (Arclight played by Omahra). If anyone knows anything about this character, please help. I couldn't tell if it was a man or a woman in the movie. The whole 10 seconds of screen time that she had.

Overall, very dissappointed with the cards. Many of the cards have quotes on the front and that limits the picture to less than half the card. And as Ghostrider666 says, the fronts and backs look very similar.

Steve

Posts: 83 | Location: Brooklyn, New York | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MrSpeed719:
1 autograph (Arclight played by Omahra). If anyone knows anything about this character, please help. I couldn't tell if it was a man or a woman in the movie. The whole 10 seconds of screen time that she had.

If I remember correctly, in the comics Arclight was a woman... part of a group of mutant militia that dessimated the Morlocks that lived in the underground.

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Opened a case. Yes, I went a bit crazy. My first Rittenhouse case ever.
Overall Extremely satisfied.
Average of 2 sets per box
3 full sets of Woverine action
1 full art sets plus some dupes
1 full set of casting call plus some dupes(a note here both Magneto and Storm have CC4 as the number. On the checklist Magneto should be CC3
5 of the 6 Taking a stand plastic cards. Got 1 duplicate of Wolverine. I need beast. Needless to say that everyone was really, really, really impressed with the Rogue one. One amazing card
1 case card
12 autos
1 very limited BEast
3 limited Colossus, Cyclops, and Juggernaut
8 regular young Angel, Artie, Leech(2), Dr. Mortita, Arclight, Warren Worthington Jr, and pyro.

2 sketches
sketch one has a bad corner it was Cat's Magneto(nice)
and Steve Miller's Mystique(Incredible)

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
quote:
Originally posted by MrSpeed719:
1 autograph (Arclight played by Omahra). If anyone knows anything about this character, please help. I couldn't tell if it was a man or a woman in the movie. The whole 10 seconds of screen time that she had.

If I remember correctly, in the comics Arclight was a woman... part of a group of mutant militia that dessimated the Morlocks that lived in the underground.

Thanks for the info, Redemption

Posts: 83 | Location: Brooklyn, New York | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of comicbookfan
posted Hide Post
I'd wondered if Arclight was an updated/modified verision of Havok. I didn't remember her as a character in the comics. I can't wait for my box to see what I get. In the end I ordered all the insert sets from ebay because I figured it would be really hard to get them from 1 case.

Posts: 1089 | Location: florida | Registered: December 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of ghostrider666
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ghostrider666:
quote:
Originally posted by comicbookfan:
I'd wondered if Arclight was an updated/modified verision of Havok. I didn't remember her as a character in the comics. I can't wait for my box to see what I get. In the end I ordered all the insert sets from ebay because I figured it would be really hard to get them from 1 case.

Arclight is a comic character. She's 1 of the 198 muntants left. She's been changed a good bit for the movie though. A Wikipedia search will find the answer.

Posts: 1495 | Location: Hbg Pa USA | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Havok was Cyclop's Step brother or brother, I remember reading that in the comics i think.... Thinks the leader of the Star Jammers Corsairs was their dad Smile
Hope this helps Smile

KADRAN00157

PS: Please someone correct me if I am wrong Thanks

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by KADRAN00157:
Havok was Cyclop's Step brother or brother, I remember reading that in the comics i think.... Thinks the leader of the Star Jammers Corsairs was their dad Smile
Hope this helps Smile

KADRAN00157

You are correct.
Havok(alex summers) is Cyclops(scott Summers) brother. Both are the kids of Corsair of the Starjammers. However, it was just exposed in X-men Deadly Genesis 6 issue mini series that there is a 3rd summers brother__Go to your local comic shop and pick it up now!!!)

As for arclight. She is one of the 198. However the best place on the net for x-men info is.. www.uncannyxmen.net

you can find a character bio there.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
Could someone post a pic of these great plastic cards? I would especially like to see the Rogue one. I'm not an Xmen collector but I love to see the 'new' kinds of cards that come out every now and then.

Thanks!
Jessica

Posts: 1951 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jessica:
Could someone post a pic of these great plastic cards? I would especially like to see the Rogue one. I'm not an Xmen collector but I love to see the 'new' kinds of cards that come out every now and then.

Thanks!
Jessica

The one of Phoenix posted on the Rittenhouse site looks pretty yummy!

Mark

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prospect5k
posted Hide Post
Opened box 1705 of 9000

2 base sets plus 47 duplicates
4 Wolverine cards W1, W3, W4, W7
2 Casting Call cards CC1 (Xavier), CC8 (Beast)
1 Art card ART3 (Jean Grey
1 Autograph Bryce Hodgson as Artie
1 Take a Stand card T4 (Rogue)

Overall, very happy with my box. Didn't get the Juggernaut autograph that I wanted, but can't complain with the box. Hoping to open at least one more box of this product.

Posts: 414 | Location: Waterford, MI USA | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
hey prospect, im in farmington hills. Do you know of any good non sport selling cards shops in your area? ive been going to Comics archives for years, its the only shop in the metro that i know of that sells this stuff (that i would buy from).

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jessica:

Thanks!
Jessica

Jessica if you go to the Promo items non-card related stuff. There is a thread about X-Men posters. The Images of the cards were taken from the posters so the Rogue image is there.

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prospect5k
posted Hide Post
Shamlau,
Send me an e-mail and I'll point you in the right direction.
Brandno

Posts: 414 | Location: Waterford, MI USA | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
Emailed

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prospect5k
posted Hide Post
Opened box 6461 of 9000

Haven't sorted the regular cards yet
3 Wolverine cards W3, W5, W9
2 Casting Call cards CC1 (Xavier), CC13 (Colossus)
1 Art card ART3 (Storm)
1 Autograph Anna Paquin as Rogue (Very Limited) Big Grin
1 Take a Stand card T6 (Angel)

Did very well with this box. Makes up for the Artie autograph in the 1st box that I opened. Was also very happy to pull another Take a Stand card.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
congrats on the Paquin auto prospect Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
Binder Autograph: Shohreh Aghdashloo (Dr. Kavita Rao)

Case Loader Autograph: Brett Ratner (Director)

Box 1:
=====
2 Base Sets
1 Art & Images ART2
1 Autograph Patrick Stewart (Professor X)
2 Casting Call CC8, CC16
0 Sketch
1 Take A Stand T1
4 Wolverine W3 (x2), W5, W9

Box 2:
=====
2 Base Sets
1 Art & Images ART3
1 Autograph Bryce Hodgson (Artie)
2 Casting Call CC2, CC10
0 Sketch
1 Take A Stand T5
3 Wolverine W3, W5, W7

Box 3:
=====
2 Base Sets
1 Art & Images ART4
1 Autograph Dania Ramirez (Callisto)
2 Casting Call CC4, CC11
0 Sketch
0 Take A Stand
3 Wolverine W1, W4, W7

Box 4:
=====
2 Base Sets
1 Art & Images ART8
1 Autograph Desiree Zurowski (Jean Grey's Mother)
2 Casting Call CC2, CC10
0 Sketch
1 Take A Stand T4
3 Wolverine W2, W6, W8

Box 5:
=====
2 Base Sets
1 Art & Images ART9
1 Autograph Michael Murphy (Warren Worthington, Jr.)
2 Casting Call CC7, CC15
0 Sketch
1 Take A Stand T2
4 Wolverine W1, W4, W7, W8

Box 6:
=====
2 Base Sets
1 Art & Images ART3
1 Autograph Olivia Williams (Dr. Moira MacTaggart)
2 Casting Call CC5, CC9
0 Sketch
0 Take A Stand
3 Wolverine W3, W5, W9

Box 7:
=====
2 Base Sets
1 Art & Images ART6
1 Autograph Cayden Boyd (Young Angel)
2 Casting Call CC6, CC14
0 Sketch
1 Take A Stand T6
3 Wolverine W1, W4, W7

Box 8:
=====
2 Base Sets
1 Art & Images ART5
1 Autograph Omahyra (Arclight)
2 Casting Call CC4, CC12
1 Sketch Steven Miller
0 Take A Stand
3 Wolverine W2, W6, W8

Box 9:
=====
2 Base Sets
1 Art & Images ART7
1 Autograph James Marsden (Cyclops)
2 Casting Call CC7, CC15
0 Sketch
1 Take A Stand T3
3 Wolverine W2, W6, W8

Box 10:
======
2 Base Sets
1 Art & Images ART1
1 Autograph Cameron Bright (Leech)
2 Casting Call CC1, CC13
0 Sketch
0 Take A Stand
3 Wolverine W3, W5, W9

Box 11:
======
2 Base Sets
1 Art & Images ART9
1 Autograph Haley Ramm (Young Jean Grey)
2 Casting Call CC5, CC9
0 Sketch
0 Take A Stand
2 Wolverine W1, W4

Box 12:
======
2 Base Sets
1 Art & Images ART7
1 Autograph Shawn Ashmore (Iceman)
2 Casting Call CC1, CC13
0 Sketch
0 Take A Stand
3 Wolverine W2, W6, W9

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post