Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    X-Men: The Last Stand (Rittenhouse Archives)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X-Men: The Last Stand (Rittenhouse Archives)
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
Very, very good! Thumb Up

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
very nice break.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Number_one
posted Hide Post
Great pulls! Thumb Up

Posts: 232 | Location: Montreal, Quebec | Registered: February 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Box #6585/9000
W2,W6,W8
CC7,CC15 (Callisto, Mystique)
ART7 (Rogue)
Pyro auto Big Grin

I was a little disappointed by the lack of information on the back of the base set and chase cards, which is one of the things that I was hoping most for. The Art & Images card was awesome, and the auto was one of the two that I really wanted (along with Shawn Ashmore). I have one more box coming, and I am hoping for a high end auto or a Take The Stand card in the next one because they seem awfully pretty Wink

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
To say I was disappointed in this set would be putting it mildly. My 6 and 8 year old son asked me which is the front and which is the back of the cards and it went downhill from there.

The card of the Blackbird looks like a high school year book picture of a plane overhead. Than the insert break was terrible and I get a sketch card and it is dinged up to boot.

It would seem obvious that this product was rushed, to say the least.

I bought a case, but as the saying goes Rittenhouse, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

I am sorry to say, never, ever again.

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MILLER 777
posted Hide Post
What sketch card did you recieve? I am curious could you scan it for us to see. How bad is it dinged up? Has anyone else experienced this problem with the cards being bent or dinged? Thanks MILLER777 out

Posts: 100 | Location: MD | Registered: April 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi_Collector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Headless Horseman:
To say I was disappointed in this set would be putting it mildly. My 6 and 8 year old son asked me which is the front and which is the back of the cards and it went downhill from there.

At first I felt the same way, until you realize the numbers are on the back, as well as the puzzel. Just like the olden days with the puzzels on the back of the cards.

quote:
The card of the Blackbird looks like a high school year book picture of a plane overhead.

Not touching that one.

quote:
Than the insert break was terrible.

I got exactly what was quoted on the website. No different than any of their other releases. And much better than most other manufacturers.

quote:
and I get a sketch card and it is dinged up to boot.

So did I.
The ding is at the top right corner of my Callisto Sketch, done by Steven Miller.

I'm not upset, I will be sending it out to RA for replacement soon.

quote:
It would seem obvious that this product was rushed, to say the least.

I didn't think rushed. But, I'm glad they added the 2 additional autographed cards at the last minute.

quote:
I bought a case, but as the saying goes Rittenhouse, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

I am sorry to say, never, ever again.

Overall, I liked it alot.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
Box # 5393

Two base sets
Wolverine cards-W2, W6, W8, W9
2 Casting call-CC1, CC13
Art and Image-ART1
Auto-Olivia Williams as Dr. Moira MacTaggart
Sketch-0
Take a Stand-0

I like the cards in the base set but their a little strange. Hard to tell front from back at first.

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
SciFi, I am glad you enjoyed the set, I was just a bit disappointed after laying out the money for a case. My sketch card that was dinged was of Raven Darkholme.

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi_Collector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Headless Horseman:
I was just a bit disappointed after laying out the money for a case.

I completely understand that one.

I got lucky on one box, The autographed card was Young Angel, and the next pack had Beast.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Than the insert break was terrible and I get a sketch card and it is dinged up to boot.

Any damaged card should be returned for an un-damaged card, and if you have questions or concerns about your break, please feel free to contact us at custrelations@scifihobby.com.

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
Anyone else notice a pattern to the autograph location in the box?

I bought a few packs at my local comic shop to see if it was just my case and wound up with this:

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by venom5liter:
Anyone else notice a pattern to the autograph location in the box?

I bought a few packs at my local comic shop to see if it was just my case and wound up with this:

What do you mean? If you can explain without reviving the cherry picking debate, I would like to know. I always try to predict where the auto card is located when I buy a box and I am usually wrong on Rittenhouse products, as I was with this release...

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by riddler_149:
What do you mean? If you can explain without reviving the cherry picking debate, I would like to know.

Without going into detail, I found that the autographs & sketches were in the same area in each box. Don't know if this is the case for all boxes.

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrian1
posted Hide Post
Had a case of this on order as soon as I heard it was coming out. Just back into the non-sport cards but I'm a huge X-men fan so this was where to make my first splash. Didn't keep track of the box by box stats, but i do remember:

Box 1 - Stewart very limited auto Dance nice start

Box 2 - Cudmore limited auto - not bad

Box 3 - Bill Duke limited auto and Miller Mystique sketch

nothing major for a while and then in box 9:

Anna Paquin auto, and Staggs sketch Clap Bouncey Clap now that's a box!!

By the end had 3 sets of the Wolverine plus spares
Complete Art & Images with 3 spares
Complete Casting Call with spares
and Complete Take a Stand - no spares

All in all finishing all sub-sets, and getting 2 sketches and 2 very limited made this a great case. I'll be looking to finish off the autos for this and make it a master set.

Anyway scans below:

Posts: 23 | Location: Great White North | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
Very good. Love the sketches! Thumb Up

Smokin'

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
awesome case ferrian Thumb Up
esp great Mystique sketch Luv You

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
Very good case. A lot of great limited auto's. I'm f*ing jealous.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
That was a GREAT case Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Number_one
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your great pulls! Clap

Posts: 232 | Location: Montreal, Quebec | Registered: February 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post