Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Thor Movie Trading Cards (Upper Deck 2011)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thor Movie Trading Cards (Upper Deck 2011)
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Received my Thor box today and results as follows...

Concept full set and three extras
t1-t12 with two extras
cell M-21

F2/Jane Foster
F10/Volstagg
F11/Odin

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
My Thor box made an appearance in my mailbox today and I got:

base set - 1
comic covers set - 1 (3 extras)
concept series set - 0 (C8 missing, 4 extras)
costume cards - F2, F11
movie cell cards - M41
sketch - Iron Man by Frank something
autographs - 0
printing plates - 0

Why do the manufacturers allow sketches of characters that have nothing to do with the movie? The Iron Man sketch is nice, but is nothing at all movie-Thor related.

I really like the concept cards. Awesome renderings. And the costume cards are HUGE! I doubt that they'll fit into normal sleeves.
The base cards have a nice sharp picture on the front (which one would expect but there have been base sets out there with images that look like someone snapped a picture of the tv).

I really like this set, but I am a little annoyed that I didn't get a complete concept set.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Soul-on-Fire,

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
I opened 2 boxes of this products

as well
I did get 2 complete sets
1 set of the Concept art cards
1 set of the classic comic book covers
2 of the Movie Cell acetate cards

I am not so happy with the sketch card
(no offense Jason)
--> so I am interested in trading the sketch if anyone is interested

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Congrats!!!
I opened a handful of retail packs last night. Pulled a costume card and the T & C chase.

Anybody got extra Thor sets and singles to trade? Could also use 2-3 hobby wrappers. Shoot me an email asap. Thanks.

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
Pretty good with my luck lately. Big Grin

Two boxes and received two sketches. Spider-Man by Duran and I am not sure the other character or who drew it. Both in color though.

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
The costume memorabilia cards looks fine, but some of the sketches seriously I don't understand to see a Hulk, Wolverine or Spider-Man without a Thor.

Wait! I don't need to understand. The cards came from the same manufacturer that destroy my good memories about one of the best Marvel card series, Marvel Masterpieces. Twak

I have a question. What about the condition of the cards? Are good or bad?

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Picked up some retail packs...got a costume card.

Anybody got #34 and extra base sets to trade?

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Nobody has any extra sets, singles, or hobby wrappers to trade?

Confused

By Thor's hammer...how can that be??? Eek

Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
I have an extra base set #34
if you still need it

send me your address
and I will pop it in the mail
when I cross the board for the Philly show

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Looking mainly for extra base sets and some singles. Check out my other post on Card Trading thread. thanks...

posted Hide Post
Im new to this site, but just broke a Thor hobby box this weekend and thought I'd share the results.

Autos: None

Sketch: None

Costume:
F4 Loki
F6 Sif
F13 Thor

Cells:
M36
M29

Cover Insert Sets:
0 (missing T5)

Concept Insert Sets:
0 (missing C8)

I have some cover and Concept duplicates if anyone wants to trade for the 2 i'm missing.

Also willing to trade the cell cards if anyone has any duplicates.

Posts: 10 | Location: NC | Registered: June 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Also have a spare Costume Card.
See my post here
WTT Thor Costume Card

Posts: 10 | Location: NC | Registered: June 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
just realised my one box sketch card of a very cute looking thor is a hanie mohd,fantastic Wink

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
here's 1 box break that i posted on another site, figured i'd bump this thread

now off to find the Thor trading thread

Posts: 78 | Location: cave on an island, usa | Registered: May 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Wow! Nice sketch by Ken Steacy. Please email me if you are trading it.
Also, the Portman cel is a winner, and your printing plate is only of what is arguably the greatest Thor comic of all-time from the beginning of what is inarguably Thor's finest hour, Walt Simonson's 1980's masterpiece.
Congrats on the great box!

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hcbrewer:
I opened 2 boxes of this products

as well
I did get 2 complete sets
1 set of the Concept art cards
1 set of the classic comic book covers
2 of the Movie Cell acetate cards

I am not so happy with the sketch card
(no offense Jason)
--> so I am interested in trading the sketch if anyone is interested

the auto you pulled aint listed on checklist

http://www.nslists.com/thormov.htm

Posts: 182 | Location: runcorn | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
you could e-mail Jeff and let him know Smile

get your name added to his listing

posted Hide Post
i originally passed on these cards, but found a box at a really good price so i picked one up.

and i'm glad i did.

these are actually really nice cards and i like the insert sets (concept sketches and comic covers).

i received one base set of 81 cards. i received one set of concept series (C1-C13) and three extras. i received all but one of the comic covers (missing T3) and received 5 duplicates. received one acetate card (M25 - natalie portman). i also received 2 costume cards: F7 hogun and F10 volstagg.

but the best card i received was an auto card of Chris Hemsworth.

does anyone know how many he signed for this set?

Posts: 93 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: July 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bought a cheap hobby case from an online retailer and got 2 free retail boxes along with it. One of the Odin costumes came from one of the free boxes.

so one full set of 13 costumes plus lots of duplicates.

? by Matt Grigsby, ? Evil Thor? by ? looks like RMK in sig, awesome Thor, part of Hulk and part of Cap by Jose Jaro, Thor by Renato Mapa

Thor by Sebastien Mazuera, ? by Joe Pekar, Iron Man by Gilbert Monsanto, Destroyer by ?

and a Kenneth Branagh auto.

also got 17 different PETG acetate film cel cards and did NOT get a printing plate. Thanks for the look, all is available, Dave

Posts: 79 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Wish I knew the retailer. Great cards, Thanks for posting them. Metal Metal

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post