Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Thor Movie Trading Cards (Upper Deck 2011)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thor Movie Trading Cards (Upper Deck 2011)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted
I can't believe there's not a thread for this set yet.

Just started opening my case, will post the results soon.

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Here are my case results as promised:

Box 1

Autos: none

Sketches: none

Costumes:
F4 Loki
F5 Heimdall
F12 Jane Foster

Inserts:
Concept Series - 1 complete set, 3 extras
Comic Covers - 1 complete set, 2 extras
Cell Cards - M-18 & M-19 (M-19 is a very nice pic of a shirtless Chris Hemsworth Eek Red Face Big Grin )

Box 2

Sketches:
Some guy with what appears to be a crowbar by Ben Young

Costumes:
F6 Sif
F13 Thor

Inserts:
Concept Series - missing #10 to make a set, 4 extras
Comic Covers - 1 complete set, 3 extras
Cell Cards - M-40

Box 3

Sketches:
Spider-Man's arm by Billy Martin Roll Eyes

Costumes:
F7 Hogun
F10 Volstagg

Inserts:
Comic Covers - missing T4 to make a set, 4 extras
Cell Cards - M-12

Box 4

Costumes:
F1 Thor
F8 Fandral
F9 Frigga

Inserts:
Concept Series - missing C11 to make a set, 4 extras
Cell Cards - M-4 & M-26

Box 5

Costumes:
F5 Heimdall
F11 Odin
F12 Jane Foster

Inserts:
Cell Cards - M-32

Box 6

Sketches:
Thunderball by Andy MacDonald

Costumes:
F3 Odin
F13 Thor

Inserts:
Cell Cards - M-34 & M-39

Box 7

Costumes:
F1 Thor
F9 Frigga
F13 Thor

Inserts:
Concept Series - missing C8 to make a set, 4 extras
Cell Cards - M-22

Box 8

Sketches:
Thor by Jason Adams

Costumes:
F4 Loki
F6 Sif

Inserts:
Printing Plate - #2 cyan
Comic Covers - missing T9 to make set, 3 extras
Cell Cards - M-15 & M-25

Box 9

Sketches:
Iron Man & Thor by Wilson Ramos Jr

Costumes:
F5 Heimdall
F11 Odin

Inserts:
Concept Series - missing C1 to make a set, 4 extras
Comic Covers - missing T8 to make set, 3 extras
Cell Cards - M-7 & M-42

Box 10

Sketches:
Wolverine by Mike "Locoduck" Duron

Costumes:
F7 Hogun
F8 Fandral

Inserts:
Concept Series - missing F12 to make set, 3 extras
Cell Cards - M-14 & M-28

Box 11

Autos:
Kenneth Branagh

Costumes:
F12 Jane Foster (got shorted a costume card Shake Head )

Inserts:
Concept Series - missing C4, C5 & C10 to make set, 8 extras
Comic Covers - missing T6, T11 & T12 to make set, 7 extras
Cell Cards - M-13, M-27 & M-32 (makes up for the missing costume card... I guess)

Box 12

Costumes:
F2 Jane Foster
F10 Volstagg
F13 Thor

Inserts:
Comic Covers - 1 complete set, 2 extras
Cell Cards - M-27

Whew! Done!

Scans of the sketches coming up next!

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Sketches

Locoduck, Ben Young, Jason Adams, Wilson Ramos Jr
Andy MacDonald, Billy Martin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
so glad i didnt get any of that!!!

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by john the hat:
so glad i didnt get any of that!!!

Aw, they're not that bad. I'm guessing that the boxes with the good sketches went out to my customers. Big Grin (I do like the Jason Adams though, I like anything shiny/silver - I wish the silver would show up in the scan)

The costume cards are nice. Especially these ones:

Shiny gold & shiny silver, lol.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
One auto Frown This looks like it'll be better to Ebay a set.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sketches:

The guy with the crowbar is known as the Wrecker. He headed up the Wrecking Crew. He originally got his powers from the Asgardian Norn Queen who was supposed to give them to Loki...but that's another story. At least this character does have a good, direct link to Thor Thumb Up

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
quote:
Sketches:

The guy with the crowbar is known as the Wrecker. He headed up the Wrecking Crew. He originally got his powers from the Asgardian Norn Queen who was supposed to give them to Loki...but that's another story. At least this character does have a good, direct link to Thor Thumb Up

Thanks Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
One auto Frown This looks like it'll be better to Ebay a set.

Yeah, the autos are something like 1:280 packs.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lizzy:
Thanks Smile
No problem. I should also mention that 'Thunderball' in one of the other sketches is part of the Wrecker's Wrecking Crew. Isn't it sad that I still know these things even though I stopped collecting comics back in the 1980s Shake Head

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
I busted a case of this product Friday morning and here are my results:

I also pulled a complete set of Memorabilia Cards along with 15 extras.
Also pulled 18 Movie Cel cards.
The base set is nice, with large numbers on the back to aid in set making.
The Memorabilia Cards are huge slabs and the design isn't bad.
The sketches are of excellent quality, but at less than one per box very disappointing.
The autographs look ok, if you can tolerate stickers. The initial list was impressive, then the secondary list was ok, but now the final list and at 1 per case leaves a lot to be desired.
The Printing Plates are, well printing plates. Again, odds of 1 per case make these hard to market as no one will bother with these at such extreme odds.
All in all I'd score this effort a B-, at best.
Considering UD's new policy I would have expected them to hit a HR with this set to make people fall in line, but if this is the best they can do, they are going to regret their new policy and in a very big way.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
pretty nice sketches arvin Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
I finished collating all of the chase cards from my case. I ended up with 14 complete sets of each.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lizzy:
Sketches

Locoduck, Ben Young, Jason Adams, Wilson Ramos Jr
Andy MacDonald, Billy Martin

Decent sketches, but since the set is called "THOR" you would think that more than 2 of the cards would have a Thor character on them.

So glad I cancelled the case I was going to open. When UD pulled thier new 'policy' on us, I cancelled all but what my customers had pre-ordered and a few for shows. Hated doing that to my distributor, but I told him all those Brick And Mortar Entertainment Stores would be glad to take that case off them. Eek

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
Decent sketches, but since the set is called "THOR" you would think that more than 2 of the cards would have a Thor character on them.

So glad I cancelled the case I was going to open. When UD pulled thier new 'policy' on us, I cancelled all but what my customers had pre-ordered and a few for shows. Hated doing that to my distributor, but I told him all those Brick And Mortar Entertainment Stores would be glad to take that case off them. Eek

Ed[/QUOTE]

kudos to you for taking a stand Smile
- hopefully more will follow in your footsteps

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Opened one box and got the usual break plus 2 costume cards, F1 Thor and F9 Frigga (hmmm . . . interesting name or is it just meBig Grin)

The 3rd insert was a sketch card, sorry can't scan it, but its marked 3/3 and is a panel, I would assume 1 of 3. Its a very well done, full color tight shot of Captain America with a bit of his helmet cut off. There would appear to be one or two characters behind him that are on the other 2 panels. No artist signature is on the card I have, so I was wondering if anyone knows who did it?

Its a great sketch, but its pretty doubtful that I would ever find the other 2 panels. At least it does have most of Captain America, which is better than the half of face ones. Wink

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:and F9 Frigga

This made me look because I was certain Frigga was Freya... turns out not:
http://www.goddessgift.com/god...-freya-goddesses.htm

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
Not impressed with what I have seen or read so far.

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Opened one box and got the usual break plus 2 costume cards, F1 Thor and F9 Frigga (hmmm . . . interesting name or is it just meBig Grin)

The 3rd insert was a sketch card, sorry can't scan it, but its marked 3/3 and is a panel, I would assume 1 of 3. Its a very well done, full color tight shot of Captain America with a bit of his helmet cut off. There would appear to be one or two characters behind him that are on the other 2 panels. No artist signature is on the card I have, so I was wondering if anyone knows who did it?

Its a great sketch, but its pretty doubtful that I would ever find the other 2 panels. At least it does have most of Captain America, which is better than the half of face ones. Wink

I'd checkout the Scoundrel site and look-up the artist in question. Just about all of them post their work there. Find out what your missing pieces look like and then enter it in your ebay search log. You'd be surprised what turns up. I've already scored two of my missing Star Wars Galaxy 6 pieces, just need one more for a full set of 4 cards.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arvin Sloane:
I'd checkout the Scoundrel site and look-up the artist in question. Just about all of them post their work there. Find out what your missing pieces look like and then enter it in your ebay search log. You'd be surprised what turns up. I've already scored two of my missing Star Wars Galaxy 6 pieces, just need one more for a full set of 4 cards.

Thanks for the suggestion, I just spent about 20 minutes on Scoundrel and some of the artists are posting their Thor sketches, including some panels, mostly of The Warriors Three. Didn't see anything like I pulled though, and without knowing the artist's name, its tough to just fall acrossed what you are looking for on that site. There are too many threads and its quite confusing for someone who is not a devoted sketch collector. Sometimes I feel like I'm looking for a needle in a haystack when I try to sort out stuff on Scoundrel, which is why I rarely use it.

Anyway I spotted only one Thor sketch with Captain America and it was not a panel. I suspect from the quality of the piece that I have that it was done by a very popular artist or at least someone who should be a very popular artist, its that good a sketch. I will try searching eBay, but that can also be a pain when you don't know the artist's name and are just working with key words. Frown

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post