Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Trek: The Next Generation, The Quotable (Rittenhouse)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Trek: The Next Generation, The Quotable (Rittenhouse)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
Opened 2 international bnoxes last night....

CB 2,4 & 6
Captains women W9
Game card Jean Luc Picard
Costume C6 (Beverley Crusher) Blue Smile
Auto, Mr Homn

CB 2,4 & 6 (same one's again !)
Captains women W5

Starfleets Finest Wesley Crusher (#296 of 399) (FX groan ! why Wesley my very least favourite character ! )

Game card Jean Luc Picard

Costume C5 Geordi La Forge (Black)

(FX drum roll) Auto Brent Spiner as Sherlock Holmes Clap Bouncey Metal Bouncey Clap

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew David:
(FX drum roll) Auto Brent Spiner as Sherlock Holmes Clap Bouncey Metal Bouncey Clap
So Watson the cards for you next? Big Grin Good pull Thumb Up

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Nice one Andrew Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beav
posted Hide Post
I have a question for you case, and multi case breakers: Are you just REALLY big Trek fans or are you shop owners/online dealers? I mean, I would love to grab a case but at $650 ish, that is a major hobby decision. Or, is it a combination of both in that you can finance most of the case with the extra's, or inserts you don't want to keep.

And if it is the latter, how does that work out? Do you usually get close to your money back? Thanks.

Posts: 82 | Location: Massachusetts, USA | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I would imagine you have a better chance of break-even with Trek than alot of other product

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew David:
So Watson the cards for you next? Big Grin Good pull Thumb Up

Groan....... Twak
But it was an elementary pull, my dear Graham !

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
I had some extra cash and I popped down to my local comic shop to see if their order of Family Guy was in yet (it wasn't) but they did get some boxes of Quotable TNG and Star Wars ROTS so I grabbed a box of each. Oddly the box of TNG is the european version Confused (they had no idea)

ST2,3(x2),5,6,7,8,9(x2)
Captain's Women- W4
Comic Books- CB1, CB2, CB6
Costume Card- C1 and C8 (both black)
Autograph- John de Lancie as "Q", Limited

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
US versions do turn up here but are not normally found in shops, generally with dealers. It could be they got them by mistake or the supplier ran out of the US version.

Picture of alfster
posted Hide Post
Got my first box today.

Auto Michelle Forbes as Lieutenant Ro Laren
Costume Counselor Deanna Troi all black
3 Comic book cards
TV Guide Finest Tasha Yar/Sela
Starfleet's Finest Commander William Riker

For without Blood there is no Power.
Where is my Power?.
My Power is with the Blood of Souls,
Flowing like a river into my veins giving me my Power.
I will not lose my Power until my Soul looses me.

A.S.

Posts: 167 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
1 box USA version
box design B+(not enough info)
wrapper design B-
40 packs A
5 cards per pack D-
1 complete set, plus extras A
base set design C
Rosalind Chao(Keiko) auto B
Worf costume(brown) B+
Picard CCG(interesting promo) B
ST2,3,5,6,7,8,9 C
CB 1,3,4 B
TV6 (Yar) A-
Insert ratios 13/40 C

Overall C+/C
Costume cards, Hooray!!!
Hopefully, Quotable STDS9, Voyager & Enterprise will be more creative and colorful.

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kesmit
posted Hide Post
1 box of Internation Edition

ST2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
CB2,3,5
C7 ( all black )
W5
AUTO - ROSALIND CHAO
and a card that's confusing the hell outta me a Picard CCG that doesn't seem to appear on the checklist ( unless I'm going blind )

Kesmit

Posts: 668 | Location: Kent,UK | Registered: March 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
There a was leaflet included in the box to explain what the CCG cards were. They're not part of the set but promos for the card game.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
Decipher ahs the gaming liscense for Star Trek, RA the trading card line. THey are doing a bit of cross promoting in hopes of expanding their audience. THe two cards were promos for earlier CCG sets and were a surprise insert in TNGQ.

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paradoc
posted Hide Post
Does that mean we should expect to find some Rittenhouse cards in an upcoming Decipher product?

Posts: 373 | Location: Memphis, TN USA | Registered: November 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kesmit
posted Hide Post
That'll be the box sized leaflet then - I am going blind ! Red Face

Posts: 668 | Location: Kent,UK | Registered: March 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Opened 4 boxes today. Already got a base set so haven't collated the base cards.

TV Guide: TV1 (Patrick Stewart), TV3 (Jonathan Frakes), TV6 (Denise Crosby), TV8 (Michael Dorn)
Costumes: C9 (Wesley - Black), C4 (Deanna - Green), C3 (Riker - Red), C3 (Riker - Black)
Autos: Patrick Stewart (Dixon Hill), Brent Spiner (Sherlock Holmes), Jennifer Hetrick (Vash), Rosalind Chao (Keiko O'Brien)
Starfleet's Finest: F9 (Wesley Crusher - 354/399)
Puzzle set: 2 full sets plus ST1 (x3), ST2 (x2), ST3 (x2), ST4 (x2), ST5 (x2), ST7, ST8, ST9 (x2)

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
Bummer, a Wesley Crusher Starfleet's Finest. What a disappointing 4 boxes. Wink Wink Wink

Great auto pulls!

Mark

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I don't have the hatred of Wesley that a lot of other Star Trek fans seem to have, so I was happy to have it.
The Dixon Hill and Sherlock Holmes auto cards were totally unexpected and a happy surprise. The only disappointment was not getting a dual auto card.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
International box 1592

Picard game card
CB 1,4, & 6
Captain Women W3

Costume card C1 (Picard) Black
Auto Nurse Ogawa
Starfleets Finest Deanna Troi (279 of 399)

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Has anyone noticed the prices of the Starfleet's Finest. The cards are numbered to 399 but can be had for about £15. The Mirror Mirror cards from TOS season 2 were numbered to 400 and go upwards of £300.

While the Mirror Mirror were a better format card, the price disparity seems strange.