Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars Clone Wars 2008 (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Clone Wars 2008 (Topps)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mintoncard:
Is that bottom sketch GEORGE LUCAS??

Yeah. I was actually suprised to find that one. So far it's the only one that I've seen.

Posts: 575 | Location: USA | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Can anyone help with who the artist of this card I pulled.

Posts: 8 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Haljordanfan:
quote:
Originally posted by mintoncard:
Is that bottom sketch GEORGE LUCAS??

Yeah. I was actually suprised to find that one. So far it's the only one that I've seen.

VERY cool. I bet the artist just slipped that one in under the radar. Smile

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Is there anyone who get the Wal-Mart or Target retails inserts?

Thanks,
Stephane

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
I went to my local Target earlier today and still no Clone Wars cards Frown
Lots of Indy, Heritage III Wrestling, Kung-Fu Panda, Naruto, Speed Racer, Marvel Masterpieces II, Bella Sara, and Wacky Packages, but no Star Wars.

I might stop buy Rite-Aide on the way to work tomorrow as they stock Topps products, maybe the force will be with me. Big Grin

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
I'll be checking tomorrow as well. In the burbs and in the city.

Posts: 575 | Location: USA | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
Hi,

Thanks,
Stephane

I found Gravity packs at Target.
The gravity packs have sketch cards at 1:4500. Gravity packs also have Red Animation Cel cards that are exclusive to Target. There are five different unnumbered red cels.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RedFive,

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RedFive:
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
Hi,

Thanks,
Stephane

I found Gravity packs at Target.
The gravity packs have sketch cards at 1:4500. Gravity packs also have Red Animation Cel cards that are exclusive to Target. There are five different unnumbered red cels.

Here's what I heard on the sketch cards.

Apparently the only artist in the Retail packs is Cat Staggs, so if you find one they're going to be a fortune on the secondary market.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It does indeed look like Cat's are the only sketches in the Target gravity-feed packs. She did 50 sketches total, and she doesn't know about any other artist so honored. That would make the total Target pack run equivalent to about 9000 hobby boxes.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Some Retail Breaks

25 packs from the Gravity Feed Display at a Meijer Store.

Packs say look for exclusive animation cell cards

What I pulled:
4 Blue Bordered Animation Cell Cards (unnumbered Frown all different)
3 Motion Cards 2, 3, 4
4 regular Animation Cell cards 2, 3, 5, 8
8 foil cards 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 10

The down side was they were fairly expensive at $2.19 a pack plus tax.

From a 16 count factory case of Blaster Boxes I pulled:

32 coins, but not a complete set of 12
14 Motion Cards
15 Animation Cell Cards
22 Foil cards

I still have a couple boxes of retail I might open. I did notice that the ones I have do not say they have exclusive cell cards, so there are at least 3 different retail packs out there.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
Some Retail Breaks

25 packs from the Gravity Feed Display at a Meijer Store.

Packs say look for exclusive animation cell cards

What I pulled:
4 Blue Bordered Animation Cell Cards (unnumbered Frown all different)
3 Motion Cards 2, 3, 4
4 regular Animation Cell cards 2, 3, 5, 8
8 foil cards 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 10

The down side was they were fairly expensive at $2.19 a pack plus tax.

From a 16 count factory case of Blaster Boxes I pulled:

32 coins, but not a complete set of 12
14 Motion Cards
15 Animation Cell Cards
22 Foil cards

I still have a couple boxes of retail I might open. I did notice that the ones I have do not say they have exclusive cell cards, so there are at least 3 different retail packs out there.

Ed

What a weird breakdown on your retail box (having both exclusive and regular animation cels). The article in the current NSU said Walmart and Target would have exclusive cel cards. Do the blue border cels at least have the same images as some of the regular cel cards?

There are 3 different groups of 12 coins (Walmart, Target and Toys R Us). Pretty sad that you couldn't get a set of the coins out of a case.

Laura

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Are there seriously 3 different sets of 12 coins? This is the only chase set I have left to collect, but may have to buy one off that auction site if there are that many!

The red and blue border cel animation cards have different pictures than the white border ones, so in total there are 20 different cel pictures. I love the cel cards, they are well done, but I think they look best with the white border.

In my quest to chase down all the different exclusives I bought the gravity feed at the local Target. You can imagine my suprise when I pulled this...

Bouncey

Sorry for the aweful picture, I can scan it when I get home tonight.

Posts: 226 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tevans333:
Are there seriously 3 different sets of 12 coins? This is the only chase set I have left to collect, but may have to buy one off that auction site if there are that many!

Yes, there are 12 for Toys R Us, 12 for Walmart and 12 for Target. At least that's what Topps said in their NSU article.

Congrats on the sketch card pull!

Laura

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Found a gravity feed at Wal-Mart. Bought what was left: 40 packs

From that I pulled:
7 Blue Bordered Cel Cards (Same as from Meijer)
4 Motion Cards 1-4
5 Regular Cel Cards 5, 6, 7, 9, 10
14 Foils, everything but #3

Can't justify the 65 miles to the nearest Target, so I probably will miss out on the red bordered cel cards.

Ed

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
Im still amazed traverse city is the closest Target up there. You would think petoskey would have one by this point.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Another Retail box, this time a standard one with no exclusives...

I pulled exactly what the odds on the pack said I should:
3 Motion Cards
4 Cel Cards
8 Foil Cards

I'm having a ball with the retail product, haven't even busted into my Hobby yet.

More tomorrow. I have Target packs and blasters coming via special delivery.

Ed

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Found a lot of retail packs at both Wal-Marts and Targets yesterday! Smile

Looks like a total of 3 different kinds of retail packs. General, Wal-Mart & Target. So if you collect wrappers, there's 3 retail wrappers + the Hobby wrapper.

All the Blue & Red Cel cards have different images than the regular set and from each other. So there's a total of 20 cel cards! eep!

I bought a total of about 75 packs between different places. No sketch from Target. I made 1 set of motion cards and Foil cards, with lots of extras. 1 card short on a Target red cel set and 2 short on the blue cel set.

From all of these, and 2 Hobby boxes, I STILL don't have a complete White cel set! I can't get a #2 for anything. Has anyone else had this problem?

Overall, on the retail cards I really liked them. They reminded me of the ROTS set where you got a chase card in almost every pack (say 19 out of every 25 or so)

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Just bought a few more Target packs. They were calling to me and I couldn't resist.

Finished my Red Cell set, AND Got enough for a 2nd Red Set! Whoohoo! Finished a Motion Set and a foil set as well.

So out of all the retail packs I've opened, I have not pulled a #2 OR a #5 White cell card at all. I find that strange myself.

Oh and Congrats Tevans on your Staggs Sketch pull! I guess that means there's only 49 left out there! Smile

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
More Retail...

4 Target Bonus Boxes
6 Unique Red Bordered Coins/ out of 8
3 White Cel Cards
2 Retail Motion Cards
8 Retail Foil Cards

4 Wal-Mart Bonus Boxes
6 Unique Purple bordered coins out of 8
4 White Cel Cards
1 Retail Motion Card
8 Retail Foil Cards

45 Target Hobby Packs
8 White Cel Cards
6 Retail Motion Cards
15 Retail Foil Cards
7 Exclusive Red Bordered Cel Cards (1 set +2)

My target packs didn't mention a sketch card odds at all, so maybe not all of them have a sketch card potential.

Ed

Picture of Darth Smittyous
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone,

I ordered three cases initially. Here are those pulls.

Case 1

Case 2

Case 3

I picked up three boxes today, and pulled these sketches.

Craig

Posts: 65 | Location: VA | Registered: February 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post