Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars Clone Wars 2008 (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Clone Wars 2008 (Topps)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
Case #3

Posts: 575 | Location: USA | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of THX2112
posted Hide Post
Well, my retail boxes worked out as promised on the packs. I opened two of my three (gotta save something for OTB Day '09!!!) and they broke down like this...

BOX 1:
1 complete base set + extras
Foil = 8
Cel = 4
Motion = 3

Box two was exactly the same breakdown with different cards. I completed the Foil and Motion sets and need two more Cel cards to complete the collection.

Posts: 139 | Location: Noblesville, IN | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Here are my sketch pulls from boxes I got at Comic Con. I'm happy, all the sketches are quality, and getting a Bellinger and an animator in the same box was fun! Smile

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Opened today a case of this product, my first case ever, pulled these sketches, i'm very happy because i got 10 Smile

Posts: 17 | Location: Germany | Registered: April 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR2D2
posted Hide Post
This set has to be the most enjoyable Star Wars set I have pulled straight from the box/ case. I specially enjoyed the bonus box with double of everything, unfortunatly it was the first box I pulled of the only case I bought. Didn't get any really impressive sketches but oulled a few better ones, the general quality seems to be up on previous realeases. Not quite what Topps hyped it up to be, not surprising really.

I got all the cards at the correct odds in all the boxes. No animator sketches though. Would have been nice if they guaranteed at least one in case.

Sadly at least one box had a base set a card short of complete despite there being nearly enough cards in box for 2 base sets Confused yet to put together all the sets, however this is only a minor glitch in a generally good case breakdown.

However the base set is nice, often overlooked in the card set in favour of the chase cards.

I particularilly like the sequentially numbered cards, the foil finish makes them stand out, just like the finest set from the mid 90's.

Retail should be interesting to acquire if I ever spy a source of the store exclusives.

Posts: 318 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
Here are the 2 coins.

Note the image does not scan well since it is recessed and the scanner focuses on the metal edge.

Ed

Thanks for posting the pictures Ed! I was expecting coins like they included with the action figures. These seem more like metal caps.

Laura

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of alfster
posted Hide Post
Got my boxes a couple of days ago. I'll just post the sketches.

Can't make out the name

I think this is part of another sketch from this artist who ever did this sketch

For without Blood there is no Power.
Where is my Power?.
My Power is with the Blood of Souls,
Flowing like a river into my veins giving me my Power.
I will not lose my Power until my Soul looses me.

A.S.

Posts: 167 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by alfster:
Got my boxes a couple of days ago. I'll just post the sketches.

Can't make out the name

I think this is part of another sketch from this artist who ever did this sketch

Jeff Chandler is the artist on your bottom sketch.

Laura

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
Hobby Boxes:

Box 1:
=====
1 Base Set
4 Animation Cel 1,2,3,8
1 Foil Parallel 34
1 Sketch O'Connell [Animator]

Box 2:
=====
0 Base Set
7 Animation Cel 1,2,3,4,5,6,8
2 Foil Parallel 61,73
3 Sketch Giallongo, Graham, Hughes

Box 3:
=====
1 Base Set
4 Animation Cel 4,7,9,10
1 Foil Parallel 18
1 Sketch Dalla Vecchia

Box 4:
=====
1 Base Set
4 Animation Cel 2,3,5,8
1 Foil Parallel 40
1 Sketch Sawyer

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did anyone know a website where show the sketch made by the director of the movie?? Confused
He made only 25 I think.

Posts: 90 | Location: california | Registered: June 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
Check out Scoundrel's site. They have a whole section devoted to the release.

Posts: 575 | Location: USA | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
I found Retail Blister Packs at Target.
They are just two packs on a blister card, for $3.99.
I opened mine, and got a cel card and a motion card.

I also got a case of Hobby, and was very pleased!
Each box had a sketch, etc (everything expected) ... and the Hot Box had 3 sketches! And the case had an animator sketch!

Here are the sketches:

Does anyone know who the artist of the Ahsoka?
Does anyone know who the artist of the Upside-down Yoda?

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Ahsoka is mine for some reason when I applied the fixative it really wiped out my sig. Sorry about that. I can see it faintly in the lower right corner...

Posts: 377 | Location: Ohio | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hi RedFive,

About the Retail Blister Packs from Target, are the inserts exclusive from Target or same as Hobby-Retail/Cel and Retail/Motion?

Also, is there any bonus card label B1 trough B3 or any coins from the odds located on the back of the packs?

Note: Indiana Jones - Crystal Skull have some exclusive Foil from Target.

Either way, please let me know Smile

Thanks,
Stephane

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Pedicini Jr.:
The Ahsoka is mine for some reason when I applied the fixative it really wiped out my sig. Sorry about that. I can see it faintly in the lower right corner...

Awesome! It is my favorite of the ones I pulled.
Thanks for letting me know.

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
quote:

Hi RedFive,

About the Retail Blister Packs from Target, are the inserts exclusive from Target or same as Hobby-Retail/Cel and Retail/Motion?

Also, is there any bonus card label B1 trough B3 or any coins from the odds located on the back of the packs?

The Blister packs do NOT have any special cards. Just the two retail packs. The Blister packaging does NOT claim to have any special cards either.

These are the first retail packs I have found, but the cel cards were the same as the hobby cel. The motion card was 5 of 5, and was of Ani vs. Assaj lightsaber battle.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Thanks RedFive for the update Smile

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Two hobby boxes. First was 'normal', second wasn't a dud, but I would have preferred a sketch instead of a second parallel (and better base collation).

Hobby boxes are 24 packs of 7 cards, 8 boxes per case, an estimated total of 12,000 boxes made. Most sketches and the foiled parallel base cards are Hobby exclusives. Expect 1.78 base sets per box if collation were perfect. Retail-exclusive inserts include a 5-card Motion set, a 10-card Foil set, and a limited selection of exclusive sketches. Bonus boxes each include 2 of a 12-coin set.

HOBBY BOX 1

Base Cards (90): 1 complete set, 72 toward second set, no triples
Animation Cel Cards (10, 1:6 packs): 5-6-9-10
Sketch Cards (113, 1:box): Jason Hughes
Foiled Parallel Cards (90, 1:box): 9 [142/205]

HOBBY BOX 2

Base Cards (90): 0 complete sets, 7 short of 1st, 52 toward second set, 20 threes, 3 fours
Animation Cel Cards (10, 1:6 packs): 2-3-8-8-10
Sketch Cards (113, 1:box): none
Foiled Parallel Cards (90, 1:box): 33 [180/205], 36 [041/205]

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
Case #4

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Is that bottom sketch GEORGE LUCAS??

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post