Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars Clone Wars 2008 (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Clone Wars 2008 (Topps)
 Login/Join

posted
Well, after reading some case breaks over in the scoundrel forum I though Topps got the collation right on this one.....I was wrong Mad

I only broke 1 case so far, but had 2 dud boxes.

You should get 4 animation cels, 1 parallel and 1 sketch per box. 1 box should have double of everything. A case should contain 9 sketches, 9 parallels and 36 animation cels.

I recieved:
7 sketches
6 parallels
35 animation cels

So I was short on every insert!

Posts: 226 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
Looks like a mini master for me then. Think I'll save my money for Batman Archives.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
lol, what can i say, its TOPPS!

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Case 2 is even worse.

4 dud boxes out of 8 Mad
3 hot boxes Confused

Totals

7 sketches
7 parallels
39 animations cels

to make matters worse, UPS only delivered 2 of my 3 cases. I don't know where my third is!

At any rate here on the sketches:

Posts: 226 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of raider5gt
posted Hide Post
Look's like Heroes 2 all over again Shake Head Bad luck on your cases tevans333,i like your Grievous by Ram and the IH Clone Trooper sketch Thumb Up glad i only got half a case coming,if there's lots of dud boxes again.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: raider5gt,

Posts: 437 | Location: Gloucester UK | Registered: July 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve j:
Think I'll save my money for Batman Archives.
Same here Thumb Up

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
Ok I just picked up 2 of these boxes today and I was please with the results. I need some help identifying the artists as well, thanks.

Box 1
Animation Cels 2, 5, 6, & 9
Parallel 46 78/205

This cool sketch

Box 2
Animation Cels 6, 7, 9, & 10
Parallel 3 173/205

This cool sketch

Please help with Artist Big Grin

http://twitter.com/MasterFreeza

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ocdlotr
posted Hide Post
The first is by Eril Maell...great piece...check out his site...
http://www.aiekon.com/erikmaell.html

...the second is a Josh Howard... Thumb Up

Posts: 216 | Location: New York | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
thanks Len

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Normally I would be verbally slapping around Topps like a drunk kitten. But I was quite surprised by my 1 case.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
MintonCard, you living in Redwood City?

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Master:
MintonCard, you living in Redwood City?

Yup!

Feel free to email me!

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
Those are definitely some nice looking sketch cards!

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
some sketches look great but the cards background really irks me...what a poor choice

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
yeah, that really put me off the set seeing thoes backgrounds. I think its gonna hurt the products resale a fair ammount. its just so busy and in your face. It draws your eye away from the sketch, and makes itself part of the design, which doesnt seem to match any of the sketchs ive seen so far.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
My wife and I just finished busting our two cases and I have to say we are very impressed with this set.

P E R F E C T collation!

Each case yielded 9 sketch cards, with no dud boxes and 1 hot box.

We received the appropriate number of parallels and the same with the cell cards.

The quality of the first 9 sketch cards showed improvement from previous products and we were happy with our pulls.

The second case, well these sketch cards speak for themselves. Big Grin

The parallel foils are nice, but we had trouble finding them while we were sorting through the cards. The placement of the gold stamping on the back was difficult to pick-up, so on several ocassions we had to go back through to find the parallel.

The Cell Cards are exceptional. There are 10 in a set and each card is piece of acetate with the image printed on it, very nice indeed.

The base set is attractive, although I am not very fond of the production work. Reminds me alot of Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within movie.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
Arvin, I love the Yoda on the first line. Drop me an email if you want to trade it. Regards.

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
Love the doyle dooku lmk if it is available

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
I have 4 cases here and I just cracked the first. Scans will be posted soon. I'm very happy with the first case. I pulled 9 from this case.

Posts: 575 | Location: USA | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post

Posts: 575 | Location: USA | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post