Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars Clone Wars 2008 (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Clone Wars 2008 (Topps)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
Such a deal!
Target sells packs at 1.99 and 2 Pack for 3.99
Toys R Us sells 2 Pack for 4.99
Toys R Us Bonus Box for 11.99
5 Packs and 2 Exclusive collector coins!

I got 31 diff cards, 2 of 10 foils, 1 of 3 motion and 1 of 10 white border cel card and 2 of 12 coins.

WoooHooo!

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of king-beez
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know how many sketches Killian Plunkett did for this set as I have been lucky enough to pull one from some packs bought at a Forbidden Planet store. (Sorry, but Ic an put up a scan as my scanner is broken!!)

Posts: 25 | Location: Bristol, UK | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
66 per animator, although I don't know if that includes returns or not, which would decrase the number of pack inserted cards.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of king-beez
posted Hide Post
Thanks very much for the info

Posts: 25 | Location: Bristol, UK | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice score on the Plunkett king-beez if you're willing to part with it let me know

Posts: 4 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: August 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
So after countless Retail packs, and 4 Hobby boxes I THINK I am done. lol

Here are the sketches I pulled, need help with the Ventress sketch because I don't know who the artist is. I think it says Chris Bolson or something similar? If anyone can help me with that I would appreciate it.

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:

My target packs didn't mention a sketch card odds at all, so maybe not all of them have a sketch card potential.

Ed

I noticed the bonus boxes didn't mention sketches, but the gravity packs did.

Current breakdown:
After 2 hobby boxes, 15 packs, and 2 Target bonus boxes, I have:

2 sketches (Hughes and Krajenbrink I think)
Nearly complete white cel set (missing 2)
2 motion cards
missing a few foils
2 red border cels
2 stamped foils (what were these good for? kinda meh...)
4 red "coins"

JF

Posts: 56 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
So after countless Retail packs, and 4 Hobby boxes I THINK I am done. lol

Here are the sketches I pulled, need help with the Ventress sketch because I don't know who the artist is. I think it says Chris Bolson or something similar? If anyone can help me with that I would appreciate it.

It looks like a Chelsea Brown.

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey King-Beez. Congrats on the Plunkett pull. What character or scene is it of?

Posts: 10 | Location: Maine,US | Registered: May 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
4 Retail mini-boxes:

4 Animation Cel 3,5,9,9
8 Coins 1,1,3,7,8,10,10,11
7 Foil 1,6,6,7,8,9,10
3 Motion 1,2,3

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Thanks Redfive!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of prospect5k
posted Hide Post
One hobby box break

Dave Fox Sketch
#8 Foil 068/205
Cell Cards #5,6,and 8

Posts: 414 | Location: Waterford, MI USA | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
4 Retail mini-boxes:

3 Animation Cel 3,7,9
8 Coins 2,3,3,3,4,7,10,12
9 Foil 3,4,4,4,5,5,6,7,8
3 Motion 2,3,4

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arc-trooper19374
posted Hide Post
Breakdowns for my 2 Hobby boxes;

Box 1:

Missing card no. 77 to make 1 complete base set
Animation Cels - 2, 6, 8 & 10
Foil Parallel - 54 - 170/205
Sketch - Rotta the Huttlett

Box 2:

1 complete base set + spares including card no. 77 to make complete set from Box 1
Animation Cels - 1, 2, 3, & 8
Foil Parallel - 3 - 036/205
Sketch - Chancellor Palpatine

Also bought some loose packs from my local games shop getting Animation Cels - 7 & 8 also Sketch of Clone Trooper.

Posts: 19 | Location: Aldershot, Hampshire, England | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prospect5k
posted Hide Post
Another hobby box break:

Sketch - Lord Mesa (256)
Animation Cels - 3, 4, 7, 8, and 10
Foil Paralles - 17 201/205

Posts: 414 | Location: Waterford, MI USA | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Good Day Y'all.
Our Wal-Mart finally got some Star Wars Clone Wars Retail cards in.
On the 21st of this month I picked up 10 packs, I got a Insert in 9 out of the 10 packs.
Foil's #1,2,3,9 & 10; Anim Cell #1 & 7; Blue Cell: Clone Assualt & Obi-Wan Takes to the Skies

So Friday I picked up 5 packs & a bonus box from our Killeen store:
Bonus Box had: Coin's #7 & 12; Foil #1 & 10;Anim Cell #6 & Motion Car #4
5 Packs: Foil #5 & 7; Ble Cell - The Mighty Count Dooku

From our Harker Hights (Next Town over) Store:
5 pack & a bonus box:
Bonus Box: Coins #4 & 8; Anim Cell #10;Foil #2
5 Packs: Foil #8,9,10; Blue CEll - The Mighty Count Dooku

Also are Target store moved to the new Mall in Harker Hights:
Bonus Box: Coin's #1 & 7; Foil #4; Anim Cell #9

So Overall I did good. My retail set now only needs:
Base cards #'2,3,10,11,44,53 & 57; Foil #6; Anim Cell #2,3,4,5 & 8 and 2 Blue Cells' (Anyone have the 2 I'm Missings Titles).

Posts: 569 | Location: Killeen, Tx, USA | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of king-beez
posted Hide Post
Hi - further to my earlier posts, here's a scan of the Killian Plunkett card I was lucky enough to pull plus in my opinion, a really good Lord Mesa one of Yoda.

Picture of king-beez
posted Hide Post
HELP!!! Can anyone let me know how to add images into my posts please? Thanks in advance.

posted Hide Post
Hi king-beez,
You can use a free image hosting site (I use photobucket.com) and upload images there. Once you upload images into your album, you can then use the code they give you to post an image here. Hope that helps.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tom bombadil,

Posts: 10 | Location: Maine,US | Registered: May 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of king-beez
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info