Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars Clone Wars 2008 (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Clone Wars 2008 (Topps)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
I could use some help identifying a few artists.

Top row

Left and middle?

Middle row

Middle and right

Bottom row

All though I think the middle Chris Henderson.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posts: 575 | Location: USA | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes on the Henderson

Posts: 377 | Location: Ohio | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
Any others?

Posts: 575 | Location: USA | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
killer case! Bottom left is Dan Cooney.

Posts: 226 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Top left looks like Grant Gould's work.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ocdlotr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arvin Sloane:
My wife and I just finished busting our two cases and I have to say we are very impressed with this set.

P E R F E C T collation!

The second case, well these sketch cards speak for themselves. Big Grin

...some terrific cards there! Love that you pulled one of mine...image is a vertical though...it's a vertical attack assault and looks like this...with Ashoka with her green saber on top of the vehicle...

...also...LOVE the Justin Chung Yoda, cool Jeff Carlisle baby Jabba, sleek but unsigned Katie Cook Yoda, every one of Robert Teranishi's sketch cards have been really stiking, nice Potratz, terrific Cline, Doyle and Myler...and really dig the horizontal saber duel between AV and Obi that i think it's a Wayne Lo...great pulls!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ocdlotr,

Posts: 216 | Location: New York | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ocdlotr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Haljordanfan:

...top r to l...Grant Gould...James Hodgkins...Kate Glasheen

...middle...Kevin Doyle(although his initial sig here is different than his Masterpieces 2 sig)...Thang Le...Robert Teranishi...

...bottom...Dan Cooney...Chris Hendersen...Jake Myler...
Wink

Posts: 216 | Location: New York | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
Len, it's always good to hear from you Wave

I was definitely pleased when I checked MarleyEd's listing of artists and their sigs last night and discovered I was lucky enough to have pulled one of your sketch cards.

The Katie Cook is indeed signed, just a lousy scan, as a number of the cards have such a large amount of coloring on them they curl and I couldn't get them lined up properly. Big Grin

You are also correct, the AV vs Obi Wan is a Wayne Lo card.

I think the quality of the sketch cards in this set are definitely superior to some of those in Topps recent releases. I also love seeing the various artists break away from their normal techniques and media. The Teranishi cards are a prime example of this, his cards are not a dark this time around as he seems to have gone away from the heavy use of ink.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
Case #2

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
Case 1 was better, but I was very pleased with three of them. I still had 9 sketches and over all am happy with this Topps release.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
I have 2 more cases, but I'm not sure if I'm opening them or keeping them for awhile and then flipping them.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
One Retail "Bonus Box" so far...

5 packs
7 cards per pack
2 bonus "coins" per box

There were several base mis-cut, so only 28 base set cards

1 Motion Card (4 of 5) VERY nice
1 Foil Card (5 of 10)
1 Cel Card (5 of 10)
2 "coins" 1 of 12 and 4 of 12

Overall impression; this is a nice set. Star Wars fans will be all over this. The retail chase are very nice, the motion card is great with several frames instead of the 2 picture Flix Pix from recent sets.

The "coins" are not terribly impressive. They are stamped metal with a rolled edge. They have a color image of a character on one side.

Overall, not a bad value for a $10 box of cards.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
The "coins" are not terribly impressive. They are stamped metal with a rolled edge. They have a color image of a character on one side.

Hi Ed,

Do you have a scan of the coins?

Front and back if possible?

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
I went to the local card/comic shop after work today and on impulse I bought their only 2 boxes.

Box 1:

Amy Pronovost sketch
1 parallel card /205

Box 2:

1 Jason Hughes sketch and 1 ??? sketch
1 parallel card /205

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Here are the 2 coins.

Note the image does not scan well since it is recessed and the scanner focuses on the metal edge.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ed Wave

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dragoncrypt
posted Hide Post
Bought two boxes at the local hobby store.

Box #1
Base: 0
Animated Cel: 3, 5, 6, 8
Foil Parallel: 3 (196/205)
Sketch:
Paul Alan Ballard (Jabba's Sail Barge)

Box #2
Base: 0
Animated Cel: 1, 3, 4, 7
Foil Parallel: 32 (52/205)
Sketch:
Josh Fargher (Obi-wan Kenobi)

I got lucky with some great sketches. Although with all the base cards combine, I still do not have a complete base set, so collation is a little off I think. I love the animation cel inserts. Overall a good release.

Posts: 199 | Location: The Great White North (Canada) | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of THX2112
posted Hide Post
My retail boxes arrived today (I'm over sketch and auto cards from Topps!). They're patiently waiting for me to arrive home from work. I'll let you know what I pull later on!

Posts: 139 | Location: Noblesville, IN | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by THX2112:
My retail boxes arrived today (I'm over sketch and auto cards from Topps!). They're patiently waiting for me to arrive home from work. I'll let you know what I pull later on!

This set was worth the effort for the sketches.