Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars Evolution Update (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Evolution Update (Topps)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kjn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zhamlau:
...boy i seem to have to justify my actions and collecting habits a lot on this board LOL :-).

You'd think I'd learn by now to keep my questions to myself when dealing with certain people on this board, but no I have to keep opening my yap.

You just HAD to slip the above quote in there didn't you? Not once did I or anyone else say you had to justify anything to anybody. You went out of your way to justify your purchase and show off your collection.

If you wanted to you could have simply said "I bought it because I decided dangit I want to give it another shot and thanks for asking." And that would have been sufficient. With no smart *** undertones.

I probably have one of the largest collections of wrestling autographs and memorabilia on this board, but after I bought my half case of Heritage Chrome earlier this year and got stiffed all around on it, I stopped buying boxes and focused on what I was really after. And I loves me some wrestling, but I knew enough was enough.

Posts: 1116 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
Which people did sign that plate.
I've recognized Dave Prowse.
Are all the maincharacters there?
Harisson Ford???????

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of dmatsuda
posted Hide Post
Very nice zhamlau! Bouncey

Posts: 1446 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kjn:

I probably have one of the largest collections of wrestling autographs and memorabilia on this board,

kjn, I would love to see your wrestling collection man Thumb Up

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
I opened a second case, and here is what I got:

- 4 or 5 etched foil sets
- A insert set was 2 cards short of a complete set
- complete B insert set!
- 8 Autos :
Biggs Darklighter
Plo Koon
Barriss Offee
Sly Moore
Tarfful
Greedo
Kit Fisto! Smile
Saesee Tiin! Smile

So, 6 of the autos were repeats from the first case I opened.

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter cloet:
Which people did sign that plate.
I've recognized Dave Prowse.
Are all the maincharacters there?
Harisson Ford???????

haha, last off topic i swear. The autographs on it are as follows.
1. Harrison Ford (blue middle top squiggley)
2. Mark Hamill (middle card with 4 others)
3. Carrie Fisher (middle Card with 4 others)
4. Alec Guinness (middle card with 4 others)
5. Peter Cushing (middle card with 4 others)
6. Frank Oz (upper Left row)
7. Billy Dee Williams (upper left row)
8. Peter Mayhew (middle Upper Row in blue)
9. Ian Mcdiarmid (right upper row, 2nd over)
10.Jeremy Bulloch (last on right, upper row)
11.Warwick Davis (First on left, 2nd row)
12.Denis lawson (2nd on left, middle row)
13.Dave Prowse (2nd to end on right, middle row)
14.James Earl Jones (end on right, middle row)
15.Kenny Baker (Left, 3rd row hard to see)
16.Anthony Daniels (right, 3rd row in gold)
17.George Lucas (bottum Row, left)
18.John Williams (Right bottum row)

All are one white unlined 3x5 cards except the middle piece.

Oh, and i said that thing about being question K(response to other post, not you pete) becouse I keep getting questioned as to what/why i buy /sell have the opinions that i have , on this board. It wasnt you persay, it just happens a lot to me. if anyone else has any questions or such, please just email me Zhamlau@yahoo.com becouse this forum is for box breakdowns and i dont want to get in trouble for posting off topic here a lot.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Darth Smittyous
posted Hide Post
Hey everyone,

Well, my girlfriend and I just finished opening a case. We did not pull anything great, but probably broke even... just barely.

Here is what we pulled:
Evolution A: full set of 20, plus 12 extras
Evolution B: only missing card 7B for a full set of 15, plus 2 extras
Foils: 5 full sets of 6, plus 2 extras
Base sets - still working on them, but I'm guessing 9 or 10

Autographs:
Michonne Bourriague - Aurra Sing
Jesse Jensen - Saesee Tiin
Maria de Aragon - Greedo
John Coppinger - Jabba
Nalini Krishan - Barriss Offee
Sandi Finlay - Sly Moore
Matt Sloan - Plo Koon
Garrick Hagon - Biggs Darklighter

I was pleased there were no duplicate autographs. Based on Topps odds, it was a fairly good mix.

I know that a lot of people are unhappy with this set. I can see why to a point, but I don't feel like I wasted my money like I did with my X-Men Last Stand case. Mabye it is just as simple as $300 for the Star Wars case versus well over $600 for the X-Men case. Even though I pulled an Anna Paquin autograph from the X-Men case, that was the only highlight. If I had paid $300-350 for the X-Men case, I might have felt like I broke even. As it stands, X-Men Last Stand gets my vote for most disappointing set this year.

Just my two cents.

I wish everybody good luck with their box/case breaks.

Posts: 65 | Location: VA | Registered: February 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your case break and pulling a good mix of auto cards. Thumb Up

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
Yep, that's quite a nice case considering you got a Jabba and Barris auto! Thumb Up

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Stu_H
posted Hide Post
One box, so here goes

1 x Full Set
1 x Box Poster
4 x Etched-foil card (1,2,5,6}
4 x Level A (6,8,10,12)
2 x Level B (8, 10)
1 x Autograph Jabba (Mike Quinn)

Base spares and checklists.

Overall pretty happy with the box, its not a bad set to follow the first evolution set, some less popular base cards. Cool if you want to get some obscure autographs and could use the base set!

Posts: 68 | Location: Norwich | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Busted a retail box today:

Complete set
4 Evolution A
2 Evolution B
6 Galaxy Crystal

Crystal cards are very cool!!!!! Found them at Wal Mart and Target as of today!!!

Darth Padawan

Posts: 29 | Location: Turlock CA USA | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpadawan:
Busted a retail box today:

Complete set
4 Evolution A
2 Evolution B
6 Galaxy Crystal

Crystal cards are very cool!!!!! Found them at Wal Mart and Target as of today!!!

Darth Padawan

Any scans? Do you know how many total are in the Crystal set?

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No scanner, but there are 10 different Crystal Galaxy cards.

G1-Anakin and Luke
G2-Padme and Leia
G3-Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan
G4-Vader and Sidious
G5-Han and Chewie
G6-Yoda and Mace Windu
G7-Jango and Boba Fett
G8-Darth Maul and Count Dooku
G9-R2D2 and C3PO
G10-Clonetrooper and Stormtrooper

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dpadawan,

Posts: 29 | Location: Turlock CA USA | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blwilson
posted Hide Post
Broke 2 hobby boxes:

Box 1
Base set x1
Foils 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Evolution A 4A, 12A, 16A, 19A
Evolution B 8B, 10B
Auto Michael Kingma (Tarfful)

Box 2
Base set x1
Foils 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Evolution A 1A, 3A, 14A, 18A
Evolution B 5B, 15B
Auto Garrick Hagon (Biggs) Smile

I was happy with my boxes, seeing as how I got the common auto I most wanted (Biggs).

Blair

wuher, Scott Rammel, Bond, mars53, Arvin Sloane, Larry C., silmapco, MrSpeed719, spidergoblin, mark64, steve j, barrowjack, indypat75, ra4dunb, Avalon, hammer, Gregor1968, Rich, Scifi Cards, Ryan Cracknell, UofLHoops, Cee_Jay, rachandcarl, brandocles, venom5liter, Warrior Babe, manolito, SciFi Mom, Ariana, Craig, beleay, kidtrek, eman, iki927, jane

Posts: 281 | Location: Surrey, BC, Canada | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
quote:

G1-Anakin and Luke
G2-Padme and Leia
G3-Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan
G4-Vader and Sidious
G5-Han and Chewie
G6-Yoda and Mace Windu
G7-Jango and Boba Fett
G8-?
G9-R2D2 and C3PO

Thanks! Hadn't seen that info anywhere yet.

Mark

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TK421
posted Hide Post
Since the bottom foil edge damage is being widely seen, and I can't forsee Topps replacing every damaged autograph card for identical replacement autograph.
Does anyone have experience doing some superfacial fixing/repair that they can share?

Three Boxes, Three autographs:
Greedo
Adm. Motti
Biggs
Original Trilogy Rocks.
Please e-mail me your suggestions ;-)
TK421

Posts: 314 | Location: St. louis | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
TK-421, why arent you at your post?

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

G1-Anakin and Luke
G2-Padme and Leia
G3-Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan
G4-Vader and Sidious
G5-Han and Chewie
G6-Yoda and Mace Windu
G7-Jango and Boba Fett
G8-Darth Maul and Count Dooku
G9-R2D2 and C3PO

Added G8-Darth Maul and Count Dooku

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zhamlau:
TK-421, why arent you at your post?

Looks like he has a bad transmitter...

Mark

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I bought a box of Evolution Update at Wizard World Chicago today and I got the following:

autograph -- Wayne Pygram as Tarkin
foils -- 2, 3, 4, 5
Evolution A -- 1, 3, 16, 19
Evolution B -- 2, 6
I also had a complete base set in the box.

Overall, I don't think I could have asked for a better box (unless I pulled a Hayden auto, of course). I have read the complaints on the board, but I have to say that I think Topps put together a great set. Yeah, they could have had some better autographs, but the set itself is beautiful. Just some nice looking cards.

The foils, Evolution A 3 and 19 and Evolution B 2 are for trade -- I'm looking for Evolution B 1 (Anakin Skywalker).

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post