Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars Evolution Update (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Evolution Update (Topps)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cardz_house:
Wow, the Hayden Christensen auto sold for US$909!!!! Here's the auction: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&...TRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I bet your even happier you've got one now! Congrats on pulling a top card from what really was a bad product to break for the majority. Thumb Up

Scully: No. How much you're like Ahab. You're so... consumed by your personal vengeance against life, whether it be its inherent cruelties or its mysteries, that everything takes on a warped significance to your megalomaniacal cosmology.

Mulder: Scully, are you coming on to me?

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh, in case anyone haven't seen the Luke and Leia cards, here's the completed auctions for both cards:

Luke at US$536.55

Leia at US$565

Those are outrageous prices for foil chase cards! I mean you can get RA 6-case incentive cards autographed by Hugh Jackman for half of that. Roll Eyes I know what I'd rather have.

Scully: No. How much you're like Ahab. You're so... consumed by your personal vengeance against life, whether it be its inherent cruelties or its mysteries, that everything takes on a warped significance to your megalomaniacal cosmology.

Mulder: Scully, are you coming on to me?

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of dmatsuda
posted Hide Post
I am tempted to buy a box and "play the lottery". The least I'll end up with (hopefully) is an autograph, base set, and some inserts.

I'll also have a "chance" at an Evolution C, a Cut Signature or an Anakin auto!

Posts: 1446 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I am also very disappointed in this product. I loved the first Evolution set too... which makes it even worse.

I opened two boxes and got hosed twice on the autos.

One box had a damaged Plo Koon autograph.. and the other had no autograph. Sweet! Thanks Topps!

I'm gonna write them a letter and see if they're willing to help me out.

Posts: 1 | Location: Burbank, CA | Registered: July 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by venom5liter:
Just pulled a Hayden out of my 2nd case, box # 7. Thumb Up Clap

Will be posting my complete breakdown soon once I finish sorting the last box.

Well done, Mike!!!!! Metal

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well done, Mike!!!!! Metal

Thanks. Congrats on your pull also. Thumb Up

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dmatsuda:
I am tempted to buy a box and "play the lottery". The least I'll end up with (hopefully) is an autograph, base set, and some inserts.

I'll also have a "chance" at an Evolution C, a Cut Signature or an Anakin auto!

Sounds like a good idea, I might do the same even though I don't like the autograph card format.

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
i notice a lot of people are commenting about this product now, but only i got the two handed 'talking to' on the subject of commenting in a box breakdown section. just curious is all about how that worked out, that i was somehow the only person who needed to be reminded of this, when EVERYONE else does it frequently (and appropriatly IMO).

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
As was pointed out at the beginning of this thread, these posts here in the box breakdown forum are really supposed to be for box breakdowns. Let's try and keep this as on topic as possible.

Thanks!

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
As Sgt. Joe Friday would say, "Just the facts, nothing but the facts." Thumb Up

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Preliminary Report

1 case, 8 boxes
Autos: JabbaH(Keen), Barris Offee, Greedo, Tarfful, Kit Fisto, Sassee Tiin, Plo Koon, and BiggsD. (fairly balanced result) B
Autograph design B- (some holo stickers crooked)
6 of 8 autos were defective F- (serious quality control problems)
box design B-
wrapper design C+
24 packs per box C
6 cards per pack D
A level inserts C-
B level inserts C
Base set 90 cards A
Base set design C+ (the + is for #76-90)
2 checklists, design B-
Etched foils B
No C level inserts or cug signatures.

Overall C
Compared(apples to apples) to the original the Update version has 12 fewer packs per box, 2 less cards per pack, but Update has added etch foils, and a long long shot chance at C level chase and cut signatures. Both offer 1 auto per box, but the quality of signers is very different. Good luck.

Cool

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zhamlau:
i notice a lot of people are commenting about this product now, but only i got the two handed 'talking to' on the subject of commenting in a box breakdown section. just curious is all about how that worked out, that i was somehow the only person who needed to be reminded of this, when EVERYONE else does it frequently (and appropriatly IMO).

I was quite surprised that making comments on this thread became an issue. I see this very thing happen time and time again on other thread so what's the difference here?! IMO, negative comments were being made about the product and someone took offense and decided to make it an issue. Would this still be an issue if the product received earlier praises?!

Zhamlau, you certainly had every reason to make comments as you provided your box breakdowns (in fact, first member to do so). I don't think it should make a difference if you provide later comments and insights on the product you purchased.

IMO, if this thread is just about box breakdown then it could be very boring. Shake Head I guess I envisioned the purpose of having a box breakdown thread is to provide a natural transition of a soon to be release trading card series in news & rumors to it's debut in the box breakdown section. And it's in this box breakdown section that we share our box breakdowns, share ours and others joys and disappointments and to share our comments about the product even if we don't have a box breakdown. Just my two cents....

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just pull two level C inserts Luke and Leia card. Just sold my Luke insert for $500 Clap Bouncey and still have the Leia that will go to auction couples of days later and hope to get a good price. Smile

Posts: 90 | Location: california | Registered: June 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of dmatsuda
posted Hide Post
Eek

Posts: 1446 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
god, im such a sucker....
bought another box today

couldnt finish a base set (yay...)
Only one level B (at least it was han...again..)
Got all the level A'a.
No Level C
No Cut signatures
BUT.....i did get an autograph.....
SO LETS HEAR IT FOR....KIT FISTO ZACH JENSEN!!! WOOMP WOOMP WOOMP!!!!! eh, whats 50 bucks when you know you can go 3/3 on boxes and pull nothing but 1:48 pack autographs , and REPEATS OF REPEATED AUTOGRAPHS AT THAT!! ROCK!!!!

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kjn
posted Hide Post
Just sincerely out of curisoity and not to start bickering zhamlau, but why did you buy another box when it seems you really dislike the product that has been produced? Wouldn't your money maybe have been a little better spent trying to pick up some of the cheaper and more plentiful autos off the 'Bay?

And yes I know all about the thrill of the hunt, I'm guilty of buying boxes when I could have spent near the same amount on what I was actually looking for instead of relying on luck of the draw, but it seems the set left a bad taste in your mouth, so why give them more of your hard earned money? Again, this is totally out of curiosity and not to start a fight in the least.

Posts: 1116 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
Basically, if certain autos are needed, why not just buy direct from ebay as its definitely cheaper?

If what you want is those top autos or the Leia and Luke cards, you will already know how tough they are to pull and you must be prepared for whatever autos is in your box including those 1:48 autos.

My bottom line is, if you don't like the product, then why keep on buying it?

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back to the breakdowns:

1 Box
Complete Base set
4 Etched foil
4 Evolution A
2 Evolution B
6 Checklist
1 Auto Level E

11 inserts (17w/checklists)

I got what I expected!!!!!!

Thumbs up, one more box on the way!!!!

Darth Padawan

Posts: 29 | Location: Turlock CA USA | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kjn:
Just sincerely out of curisoity and not to start bickering zhamlau, but why did you buy another box when it seems you really dislike the product that has been produced? Wouldn't your money maybe have been a little better spent trying to pick up some of the cheaper and more plentiful autos off the 'Bay?

And yes I know all about the thrill of the hunt, I'm guilty of buying boxes when I could have spent near the same amount on what I was actually looking for instead of relying on luck of the draw, but it seems the set left a bad taste in your mouth, so why give them more of your hard earned money? Again, this is totally out of curiosity and not to start a fight in the least.

Oh, no problem. i know this thread is meant for posting box breakdowns, but since this is a direct question ill answer. I found the box for 41 dollars at a local shop sealed. See, you have to realize something, im maybe the biggest star wars autograph collector anyone here has seen, heard of. for example (sorry this is the only size i have of this photo to see it all)

I made this just to see it get made. I love star wars autographs with a passion. it is by far my number one hobby. Ive bought/sold/traded them for onwards of 20 years. That is why i was so passionte about this set, and so upset with its final outcome. I originally sloted 2 cases of this product till i heard about who the signers were, saw what they would look like, and found out rougly the insertion odds early. This sucked for me becouse i wanted this set above all else, to be rock and roll! So, to find out it was so un-rock and roll, really bummed me out...BUT i had to buy a few, just becouse it WAS star wars , with autos, in NON SPORT trading cards. And, after all the posts ive seen on the subject, and all the back and forth on this product i got from collecters/dealers/opinioned peep's, i figured i owed it one more shot. Plus, i figured i might get a few more Inserts i did have, and i could come close to complete some inserts sets. This was my way of taking a secound look into a product that i really REALLY wanted to be good. in fact if you look at my past postings, you will i was more hyped for this set then anyone. I wanted this product to come back and prove me wrong, so i could see what it is some of you see in it, and i love opening and making sets, and i love star wars autographs, and it was cheap. I should hope that answers you and cardz questions about my collecting habits...boy i seem to have to justify my actions and collecting habits a lot on this board LOL :-).

p.s. sorry about the photo size, but it needs to be that big to see it all. Now you all can see what type of a nut for star wars autographs i am...and yes they are all real , even the wonky fisher on the quad signed Guinness/Cushing/Hamill/Fisher middle card.

Picture of bakeded
posted Hide Post
WOW!!! I'm speechless! Thumb Up

Posts: 168 | Location: SG-C | Registered: July 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post