Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars Evolution Update (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Evolution Update (Topps)
 Login/Join

Picture of RachelH
posted Hide Post
Apparantly a 1/1 auto was pulled at memorabilia today! not out of sealed box tho, which was a shame!lol!! i know nothing of the 1/1 auto, just that maybe someone did pull one! it was probably the box i almost bought as well!Lol!!

I just pulled the dave Barclay Jabba auto, which i think is pretty wicked!Lol!

Rachel x

Posts: 325 | Location: Walsall UK | Registered: June 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, a bit confusing. You said that its not out of a sealed box but then later added that 'it was probably the box I almost bought'.... Confused

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Perhaps the dealer opened the box for individual sales after she passed on it.

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was at Memorabilia on Saturday and heard a rumour that one of the cards had surfaced. But I was told that it had been found and sold, so it's unlikely IMHO that the card was actually found at Memorabilia. (I was told this rumour at about 10AM, and the show only opened at 9AM).

Posts: 56 | Location: Reading, UK | Registered: October 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
Was it known who the 1/1 autograph was?

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Frankly,

I need a little more proof....

Posts: 50 | Location: Hollister | Registered: April 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of dmatsuda
posted Hide Post
I opened this case awhile ago but it took me awhile to sort this...

Hobby Case break:

• Nine complete base sets + extras;
  • 35 Etched Foil Puzzle Cards: 3 complete sets + extras: 1(x4), 2(x3), 3(x4), 4(x5), 5
  • 31 Evolution A Cards: 1A(x2), 2A, 3A, 4A(x2), 5A(x2), 6A, 7A(x2), 8A(x2), 10A(x2), 11A, 12A(x3), 13A(x3), 14A, 15A, 16A(x2), 17A, 18A, 19A, 20A(x2);
  • 16 Evolution B Cards: 1B, 4B(x2) 5B, 6B, 7B, 8B, 9B, 10B(x3), 11B, 12B, 15B(x3);

Eight Autographs:
  • Michonne Bourriague (Aurra Sing) (x2)
  • Matt Sloan (Plo Koon)
  • Jesse Jensen (Saesee Tiin)
  • Zach Jensen (Kit Fisto)
  • Nalini Krishan (Barriss Offee)
  • Michael Kingma (Tarfful)
  • Mike Edmonds (Jabba Puppeteer)

Likes: The odds were pretty much on the money and I really liked the base set.

Dislikes: I wasn't able to complete an Evolution A set (1 card short). The checklists...with a 1:4 odds and only two checklists, I ended up with way more checklists to base sets. Confused

In all, I thought this set delivered as advertised. Besides my Jabba auto, I would've loved another first-time signer like Anakin, Biggs, Sly Moore, Greedo, Admiral Motti, or Governor Tarkin. But I guess I can't complain since the odds I got were those that were stated. I am also lucky that my auto cards didn't have the same problem as those that were discussed in this thread.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dmatsuda,
  •  
    Posts: 1446 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of RachelH
    posted Hide Post
    Sorry, what i meant to say was MY sealed box. And it would have been just my luck if it was the box i rejected.

Rachel x

Posts: 325 | Location: Walsall UK | Registered: June 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    So I finally was able to get a hold of a box and here's what I got:

1 Base Set
    2 Evolution A Cards
    2 Evolution B Cards
    1 Auto: Wayne Pygram as Governor Tarkin Dance

Very satisfied with my one box!!!!!

Posts: 31 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: September 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Silver Card Talk Member
    Picture of dmatsuda
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Johnny Boy:

1 Base Set
    2 Evolution A Cards
    2 Evolution B Cards

Wow...you're on a roll there...first the Daniel Radcliffe Auto and now the Pygram! Way to go! Clap

Posts: 1446 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Number_one
    posted Hide Post
    Hey Johnny Boy!!!

Can you purchase me a box or two and i'll send you some money. You seems to be on a good roll!!! Wink

Posts: 232 | Location: Montreal, Quebec | Registered: February 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
    Picture of gofmauleg
    posted Hide Post
    dmatsuda, thanks for posting your case break. Glad you didn't pull any damaged cards.

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Bronze Card Talk Member
    Picture of gofmauleg
    posted Hide Post
    Congratulations Johnny Boy! Thumb Up

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Silver Card Talk Member
    Picture of dmatsuda
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by gofmauleg:
    dmatsuda, thanks for posting your case break. Glad you didn't pull any damaged cards.

Thanks. I'm glad too. Clap

Silver Card Talk Member
    Picture of Cardz_house
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Johnny Boy:

1 Base Set
    2 Evolution A Cards
    2 Evolution B Cards

Nice one, you got a great auto that's worth at least US$120!!! Clap

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Silver Card Talk Member
    Picture of ghostrider666
    posted Hide Post
    Got & opened a box today.
    Havent tried to put together a set yet, so done know if theres one or not.
    I did get;
    4 A cards
    2 B cards
    4 foil cards
    Nalini Krishan "Barris Offee" auto card <beat up> Frown

Posts: 1495 | Location: Hbg Pa USA | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Bronze Card Talk Member
    Picture of gofmauleg
    posted Hide Post
    That's aweful that you got a beat up autograph card. Frown

New Card Talk Member
    posted Hide Post
    I called Topps about one of my boxes not having an autograph in it. They told me to cut out the bottom of the box (UPC SYMBOL) and mail it to them with a letter stating what the problem was. In about 10 days I received an autograph in the mail, a common autograph, but it was better than not having one at all.

Posts: 5 | Location: Rio Rancho, NM | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of JR2D2
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by rduckman:
    I called Topps about one of my boxes not having an autograph in it. They told me to cut out the bottom of the box (UPC SYMBOL) and mail it to them with a letter stating what the problem was. In about 10 days I received an autograph in the mail, a common autograph, but it was better than not having one at all.

Nice to know, I had a box with no auto but I got 2 autos in 1 box from the same case so it balanced out for me.

I am just happy I pulled both C cards.

Posts: 318 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of zerosev
    posted Hide Post
    Is the address to mail the upc their corporate headquarters?

Posts: 101 | Location: SLZ | Registered: June 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post