Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars Evolution Update (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Evolution Update (Topps)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
Congrats on pulling Hayden Christensen auto card! Clap

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
I opened up a case, and here are my results:

Box #1:
Biggs Darklighter Auto !! Smile - level E
Foils: 1 5 6 6
A inserts: 7 9 17 20
B inserts: 10 15

Box #2:
Aurra Sing Auto! - level C
Foils: 3 4 5 6
B inserts: 1 6

Box #3:
Plo Koon Auto – yea! A Jedi! - level E
Foils: 3 4 5 6
A inserts: 1 3 16 19
B inserts: 3 7

Box #4:
Greedo Auto - level C
Foils: 2 3 4 5
A inserts: 2 10 11 15
B inserts: 5 13

Box #5:
Sly Moore Auto (she drew a small heart with her name) - level C
Foils: 1 2 3 4
A inserts: 5 13 14 18
B inserts: 8 12

Box #6:
Barriss Offee Auto!! (Always very happy to get Jedi autos) - level D
Foils: 1 4 5 6
A inserts: 1 3 16 19
B inserts: 1 14

Box #7:
Tarfull Auto - level C
Foils: 1 2 3 6
B inserts: 3 11

Box #8:
Jabba Auto (Bob Keen) – level B
Foils: 1 2 3 6
A inserts: 4 6 8 12
B inserts: 2 6

The foil cards are beautiful. The inserts are kind of hard to spot, as they are so much like the base cards. I noticed, as did an earlier poster, that when a checklist card was in a pack, that pack contained 7 cards.
My Auto cards were in good shape – no noticeable flaws. The background, behind the stickers, could have been better designed, to let the stickers blend in, without standing out so much. As it is, I can tell when a sticker has been applied so that it is a bit crooked.

In my case, I got 4 foil sets, with a few extra.
I got a complete set a A inserts, with several extra.
I am two cards short of a B insert set, with 3 extra to trade.
I would have liked a C card Smile - I was dreaming.

I still have one more case to break before I start trading!
I REALLY want a Kit Fisto Auto!! He is a level E – so chances are good!

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up a box today.

One full set. Real nice cards...I like the base set alot.

Received the expected number of A and B cards. I don't try to complete chase sets, so nothing of interest to me there.

Autograpgh Card: Maria de Aragon (Greedo)-happy with that. Although, the foil on my autograph was slightly raised at the bottom too. Not a big deal, I plan to keep this card and it doesn't hurt my enjoyment.

By the way, I had met Paul Blake at a Comic Con who played Greedo. Anyone know why there were two actors for Greedo?

Posts: 83 | Location: Brooklyn, New York | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MrSpeed719:
By the way, I had met Paul Blake at a Comic Con who played Greedo. Anyone know why there were two actors for Greedo?

There were reshoots done for much of the cantina sequence. I believe either Paul or Maria (can't remember which one) played Greedo during the principle shoot, the other played Greedo for the reshoot.

Star Wars aficionados, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Mark

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
I beleive Paul Blake did all the initial shots then Maria did the reshoots in CA so they didn't have to pual in from Europe.

Posts: 348 | Location: La Palma, CA | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
Topps will replace the damaged cards guys. They should also send you an autograph card if you didn't get one in your box. You will need to write a letter and include the upc from the bottom of the box.

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nebraska
posted Hide Post
I have to agree with zerosev! Worst set ever. Pure Garbage! I bought 10 boxes...I got 8 autos - yup - two boxes didn't have autos. Topps is so awesome! Of the 8 autos 2 were duplicates and all were Level C or E. Keep it up Topps - you guys rock!

Better yet - I am still 2 short of the "B" cards for a set. And the best of all - my foil is also coming off at the bottom of the autos. Great product from a super company!! How long before their contract is up with Star Wars products?

I hope you are right about Topps sending autographs (i have my doubts) and I don't think they'll be able to replace everyones autos (it seems to be a very common occurence). I'll call them Monday morning and let them know how great of a product they put out (i'm sure that will make all the difference in the world).

Posts: 62 | Location: Lincoln, Nebraska, USA | Registered: September 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zerosev
posted Hide Post
Darth vader fan. YOU JUST MADE MY WEEKEND. Dance If they really come through with the missing autos and replacing the damaged cards. Smile I will definitely retract all bad comments made if they do come through!!! Roll Eyes crossing my fingers.

Posts: 101 | Location: SLZ | Registered: June 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
Wow, the Hayden Christensen auto sold for US$909!!!! Here's the auction: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&...TRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of dmatsuda
posted Hide Post
Eek

Posts: 1446 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
Did you see the closed auctions for the Luke and Leia Evolution C cards numbered to 100? Are those cards really worth $500? I imagine the prices will fall a bit as more are listed, but geez that's a lot of money for a card with no scribble on it. I mean, $300ish will get you a Heritage Leia "on-card" auto.

Congrats Cardz_house on the Hayden pull! You were about the only one who voiced excitement for this set on Card Talk and you were rewarded for it! Card Karma.

I wonder when the first 1 of 1 will show up.

Mark

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
Mark,

Thanks for the congrats!! I myself were also very very surprised that the Leia and Luke cards were worth around US$500 each. To be honest, I won't be surprised if the 1 of 1 reaches at least US$2,000 in the event that the owner decides to put it on ebay.

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
Oh, in case anyone haven't seen the Luke and Leia cards, here's the completed auctions for both cards:

Luke at US$536.55

Leia at US$565

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
Just pulled a Hayden out of my 2nd case, box # 7. Thumb Up Clap

Will be posting my complete breakdown soon once I finish sorting the last box.

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Master Yoda
posted Hide Post
This product is so horrible, Topps screwed up a possibly amazing product. Picked up 3 boxes and got 2 autos ?!?!? The 2 autos I got both are damaged bad on the bottom of the card foil is chipped right off (and the sticker autos suck). Their Aurra Sing & Plo Koon. 1 of the boxes didn't even have a complete set missing card #10.

Even the fact that Topps replaces autos doesn't make a difference to me because it will take months for anything to happen and then they will just send everyone who didnt get an auto one of the horrible autos on the list.

I was so excited about this product when I heard about it but Topps screwed it up big time. I mean some of the signers were in the last evolution set too but none of the good ones signed again (Boba Fett, R2-D2, Leia etc.) This product is a joke I would not buy another box. I really hope someone else gets the contract to make the next Star Wars product because Topps has shown what their able to do ... and it's horrible.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Master Yoda,

Posts: 41 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
Hobby Case 1:
===========

Box 1:
-----
1 Base Set
1 Autograph Michael Kingma [Tarfful]
0 Cut Signature
4 Evolution A 4A,8A,12A,16A
2 Evolution B 1B,6B
0 Evolution C
4 Etched Foil 1,2,3,4

Box 2:
-----
1 Base Set
1 Autograph Matt Sloan [Plo Koon]
0 Cut Signature
4 Evolution A 2A,6A,10A,15A
2 Evolution B 8B,12B
0 Evolution C
4 Etched Foil 1,2,5,6

Box 3:
-----
1 Base Set
1 Autograph Garrick Hagon [Biggs Darklighter]
0 Cut Signature
4 Evolution A 1A,3A,14A,19A
2 Evolution B 5B,13B
0 Evolution C
4 Etched Foil 1,2,3,4

Box 4:
-----
1 Base Set
1 Autograph Zachariah Jensen [Kit Fisto]
0 Cut Signature
4 Evolution A 7A,9A,17A,20A
2 Evolution B 1B,14B
0 Evolution C
4 Etched Foil 2,3,4,5

Box 5:
-----
1 Base Set
1 Autograph Maria De Aragon [Greedo]
0 Cut Signature
2 Evolution B 7B,12B
0 Evolution C
4 Etched Foil 3,4,5,6

Box 6:
-----
1 Base Set
1 Autograph Matt Sloan [Plo Koon] Frown
0 Cut Signature
2 Evolution B 9B,14B
0 Evolution C
4 Etched Foil 3,4,5,6

Box 7:
-----
1 Base Set
1 Autograph Zachariah Jensen [Kit Fisto] Frown
0 Cut Signature
2 Evolution B 3B,11B
0 Evolution C
4 Etched Foil 1,2,5,6

Box 8:
-----
1 Base Set
1 Autograph Michonne Bourriague [Aurra Sing]
0 Cut Signature
2 Evolution B 10B,15B
0 Evolution C
4 Etched Foil 3,4,5,6

Hobby Case 2:
============

Box 1:
-----
0 Base Set (1 card short)
2 Autograph Garrick Hagon [Biggs Darklighter] Frown, Richard LeParmentier [Admiral Motti]
0 Cut Signature
4 Evolution A 14A,16A,18A,19A
2 Evolution B 13B,15B
0 Evolution C
4 Etched Foil 1,4,5,6

Box 2:
-----
1 Base Set
0 Autograph
0 Cut Signature
4 Evolution A 1A,3A,5A,13A
2 Evolution B 2B,5B
0 Evolution C
4 Etched Foil 1,2,3,6

Box 3:
-----
0 Base Set (10 cards short)
2 Autograph Garrick Hagon [Biggs Darklighter] Frown Frown, Jesse Jensen [Saesee Tiin]
0 Cut Signature
4 Evolution A 6A,8A,17A,20A
2 Evolution B 6B,8B
0 Evolution C
5 Etched Foil 2,3(x2),4,6

Box 4:
-----
1 Base Set
1 Autograph Matt Sloan [Plo Koon] Frown Frown
0 Cut Signature
4 Evolution A 2A,10A,11A,15A
2 Evolution B 7B,12B
0 Evolution C
4 Etched Foil 1,4,5,6

Box 5:
-----
1 Base Set
1 Autograph Toby Philpott [Jabba The Hutt]
0 Cut Signature
4 Evolution A 4A,6A,8A,12A
2 Evolution B 8B,10B
0 Evolution C
4 Etched Foil 2,3,4,5

Box 6:
-----
1 Base Set
1 Autograph Zachariah Jensen [Kit Fisto] Frown Frown
0 Cut Signature
4 Evolution A 5A,13A,14A,18A
2 Evolution B 4B,9B
0 Evolution C
4 Etched Foil 2,3,4,5

Box 7:
-----
1 Base Set
1 Autograph Hayden Christensen [Anakin Skywalker] Thumb Up
0 Cut Signature
4 Evolution A 2A,7A,9A,11A
2 Evolution B 1B,14B
0 Evolution C
4 Etched Foil 1,4,5,6

Box 8:
-----
1 Base Set
1 Autograph Zachariah Jensen [Kit Fisto] Frown Frown Frown
0 Cut Signature
4 Evolution A 4A,6A,8A,12A
2 Evolution B 4B,11B
0 Evolution C
4 Etched Foil 1,4,5,6

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
Got one box of this today.

Autograph: Biggs (know a lot of people got this one, but he was one of the ones I wanted! Smile )

Foils: 1, 4, 5, 6

Evolution A: got five, but don't remember which ones.

Evolution B: got two

Overall not bad for the price.

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DewMan:
quote:

There were reshoots done for much of the cantina sequence. I believe either Paul or Maria (can't remember which one) played Greedo during the principle shoot, the other played Greedo for the reshoot.

Star Wars aficionados, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Mark

Thanks for the info. If anyone is interested, Paul was a real nice guy and he was wearing an AC/DC shirt. Metal He was there with Richard LeParmentier, who was also really cool. I got a signed photo of him. On the photo he drew an arrow pointing to a dot on the Death Star and wrote, "my office".

Posts: 83 | Location: Brooklyn, New York | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
quote:
He was there with Richard LeParmentier, who was also really cool. I got a signed photo of him. On the photo he drew an arrow pointing to a dot on the Death Star and wrote, "my office".

That sounds really cool! Neat out of the ordinary autograph!

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of dmatsuda
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the Anakin venom5liter! Thumb Up

Posts: 1446 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post