Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Red Sonja (Dynamic Forces)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Red Sonja (Dynamic Forces)
 Login/Join

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted
This set consists of
72 base cards
6 Glow in the dark cards
and according to the wrapper "10 signed and sketched cards".

4 boxes opened yesterday.
The contents each box had 2 sets and I was able to make a fifth set for every 2 boxes.
Box one, two, and three
all had two glow in the dark cards, two autos, and one sketch

Got one "hot" box with all 6 glow in the dark cards 2 autos and 2 sketches.

The base set is great, taking images from past and present Red Sonja comics. Even though DF claims higher point stock, the cards are thin.

So, from what I can see from "that place" and what I have pulled. I have 7 of the 10 different autos.

I have 5 sketches, 1 dupe, the cully hammer Red Sonja head shot that is terrible. I do have a really nice Inked Czop piece and 2 good Pencil sketches.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Can you try and post scans of those sketches? Please!!!! Big Grin Bouncey Wavey

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I am terrible at scanning but I will try to scan them in tomorrow.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Hey Barrett....congrats on getting the hot box Thumb Up

If you would please check my site in case you want to trade any of your extras Wave

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow looks like a good set Smile
man I would like to see some scans Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of dlpn1fan
posted Hide Post
Couple of my new additions from this set

Posts: 751 | Location: Pomona CA | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
One more box
Greg Horn auto
Cully Hammer auto
ANother Czop sketch!!!!!

Down to only 1 auto needed for all 10.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Bryan the more I look at the She-Devil sketch the more I like it.
Congrats on getting it,esp since from my experience,Czop hardly does full body sketches Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Super sketches Bryan! Thumb Up This release is looking more interesting by the sec... or is that sketch? Big Grin

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
So, from what I can see from "that place" and what I have pulled. I have 7 of the 10 different autos.

Update: from watching additional auctions, I've seen 19 different:

Frank Brunner
Cully Hamner
Greg Horn
JG Jones
Greg Land
Luke Lieberman: 'barbed wire'
Luke Lieberman: wall & sword
Michael Avon Oeming
Paolo Rivera
John Romita Sr.
Alex Ross
Mel Rubi: vines & sword
Mel Rubi: orange hair (binder)
Peter Steigerwald
Billy Tan
Roy Thomas: head shot
Roy Thomas: dressing
Roy Thomas: blue outfit
Roy Thomas: beheading

J

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
Jeff

You can add Michael Turner to the auto list.
I got the same two in two boxes.
Also the same two Czop sketches (nice!)
and the same two Mel Rubi autos.

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the scans, well nice Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Just got off of ebay to post here there were more autos.

Ouch. I have 9 different auto and 1 Roy Thomas dupe auto.
Don't think I am going to track all of these now!!!

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Brimaster
posted Hide Post
I have opened two boxes so far with the following breakdown:

Box 1
2 Base sets
Glow in the Dark: #2,#5
Autos: Frank Brunner, Roy Thomas
Sketch: Filip Sablik

Box 2:
2 Base sets
Glow in the Dark: #1,#6
Autos: Greg Horn, Cully Hammer
Sketch: Cully Hammer

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Brimaster,

Posts: 855 | Location: Somewhere | Registered: April 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, did they announced this set on Previews??? I never heard of it! ****! I would've ordered some noxes... Hey, did anyone got Greg Land's auto??? If so, I will kill you! Big Grin Nah joking... I one of you pulled his auto... PLEASE SCAN IT PLEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE!!! He is my favorite artist!

Anyways... Thanx!

Posts: 291 | Location: Montreal, Quebec | Registered: November 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
You've got to check the news and rumor section more often Card Reaper! Wink

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Brimaster
posted Hide Post
I opened my last three boxes and the breakdown:

Box 3

2 Base sets
Glow in the Dark: #2 and #4
Autos: JG Jones,Frank Brunner
Sketch: Gordon Purcell

Box 4:

2 Base Sets
Glow in the Dark: #1,#2x2,#3 and #6
Autos: Billy Tan, Roy Thomas
Sketch: Caesar Rodriguez, Frank Brunner

Box 5:

2 Base Sets
Glow in the Dark: #3 and #5
Autos: Luke Lieberman, Luke Lieberman
Sketch:Gordon Purcell

So the 5 boxes gave me:

10 base sets for sure and if barobehere post is correct then at least 2 more base sets.

1 complete Glow in the Dark set with seven extras.

10 total autos 9 different with one duplicate.

6 sketches total 5 different with one duplicate.

I will try and post a scan of the sketches in a day or so.

Posts: 855 | Location: Somewhere | Registered: April 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
you know, that alex ross autograph is gonna be a sleeper hit IMO. I mean, have you seen what his Signed Lithos are going for? To me, to be able to pick up a card sized litho (which is what these cards are) signed and certified, for 25 dollars, seems like the biggest steal in the world....now, some day, we will see....SKETCH CARDS BY ALEX ROSS! eh, dare to dream.

p.s. funny to think about, i meet alex back in the 90s, right after Marvels came out, and bought a few pages of fhim for 200 each. Shows how much times have changed. now, 2 grand each minimum. Im not sure if thats a good thing or not though.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zhamlau:
p.s. funny to think about, i meet alex back in the 90s, right after Marvels came out, and bought a few pages of fhim for 200 each. Shows how much times have changed. now, 2 grand each minimum. Im not sure if thats a good thing or not though.

Is that when Ross still looked like a slacker/hippy? I first met him right before "Marvels" hit and he was all long hair, ratty jeans and a t-shirt (which, at least in the way I like to remember it, was tie-dyed). The next time I saw him, a year or two later after he had hit big he'd had his hair cut and started wearing nice suits with ties, which I think is still his current look.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of ghostrider666
posted Hide Post
So far, Ive opened 2 boxes. The 1st was bad, 2 glow, 2 auto, 1 bad sketch. The 2nd was a "hot" box. 6 glow, 2 auto, 2 sketch.
More to come. Wink

Posts: 1495 | Location: Hbg Pa USA | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post