Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Bizarro Trading Cards, Series #1 (Sun King-2008)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bizarro Trading Cards, Series #1 (Sun King-2008)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
A delightful acquisition I made at the Allentown Show. I feel sorry for the hordes who missed Dan Piraro's panel show on May 3rd.

Cards feature artwork, mostly from the comic series but occasionally unpublished art. There are five color-coded subsets, each with a 3x7 puzzle on the card backs. No numbers are shown on the cards, so it will be more challenging to carry around trading lists.

Boxes contain 24 packs of 7 cards, evenly distributed among the five subsets. Expect a full base set of 105 cards from a box. Cases hold 12 boxes; an oversized personal Dan Piraro 1/1 sketch card is available as a case-topper.

BOX 1
Base sets (105): 1 complete, plus 62 doubles
Golden Secret Symbol Icon Cards (10, 1:box): The Mysteries of K2

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
I'll have to start reading name tags more closely. We were in that same room with so few of us and I didn't know you were there.
A shame. I would have liked to talk a while.
I agree. It was a lot of fun and a pity more people didn't show up for it.

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeFitz:
I'll have to start reading name tags more closely. We were in that same room with so few of us and I didn't know you were there.

I thought my aura preceded me. But as for name tags, we need to collect the whole set. I started with this one. Cool

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nevets
posted Hide Post
I love the bizzaro strip, as soon as i have more "collecting money" i will be buying a box.I want to see more sets like this. I am sooooo tired of the sea of lisenced material that has no interest to me. All The recent t.v.,movie and comic book sets bore me to death! (except lotr masterpieces 1&2) I like the wacky stuff . bring back the simpsons!!

Posts: 168 | Location: Portland | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
Jeff

Is that a satellite image? Wink
Of course, if I don't have the right glasses on, the name tags could be twice that size and they wouldn't help.
I hope there's a next time.

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post