Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    James Bond, The Quotable (Rittenhouse)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

James Bond, The Quotable (Rittenhouse)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
Just got my one & only box through the post today. I havn't time to crack open the whole box right now will get to the rest this afternoon.

Opened 2 packs though cos i couldn't wait
1st pack included Vintage Bond card VB4 Timothy Dalton #183/700
2nd pack revealed an A29 ROGER MOORE Auto Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance (one dance for each Bond film he starred in.

Can't wait to open up the rest of the box but it has to be an anti-climax after these two pack and I have a lot of paperwork to do today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boldlygone:
2nd pack revealed an _A29 ROGER MOORE _ Auto Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance (one dance for each Bond film he starred in.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke! Big Grin

Congratulations!!!

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Congratters on your great box. Clap

This is one of those few times when buying a box actually pays off.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Congratters on your great box. Clap

This is one of those few times when buying a box actually pays off.

Posted by Wolfman-golf (see above)

I second the emotion Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of patonyfan
posted Hide Post
WOW, fantastic pull on the box!!!!

Clap Clap

Mike

Posts: 907 | Location: Bloomsburg, PA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
Here is the final full box breakdown of my Wonderful QBond Box UK#7102 of 8000:

1 Base Set + 89/100 of a 2nd set
4 Theme song cards T2, T5, T7 & T10
2 Bond Villains cards F11 & F17
0 Bonk Girls are forever well it was a UK box!
2 Villains & Vixens UK1 & UK2 (Should have only had 1)
1 Vintage Bond VB4 #183/700
2 Auto cards A29 ROGER MOORE & A40 Jan Williams
and just to gloat a little:

I did notice that these packs were VERY difficult to open without tearing the wrapper.
writing this has just reminded me to rescue the 30 or so wrappers from the bin for the reward points, and this as after I had thrown away some left-over curry, Sorry Joanna.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Oh, you'll be sorry alright Wink You know, Santa's compiling those Naughty and Nice lists - we know which one you'll be on for dumping food on my pretty wrappers and then making me count them! Smile

** For the record, I have no affiliation with Santa, other than being his occasional helper and gift wrapper. I personally have no sway as to whether or not Boldlygone will be on the Naughty or Nice list, although this threat works relatively well with my children. End disclaimer. **

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Guess which list i,m on. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! Eek

Sort of makes this one anti-climatic, but I was happy! Got my pre-order box yesterday, and started to get disappointed. After 30 packs, I had pulled all the inserts I would expect to (1 Bond girls, 3 villains, 4 theme songs and 2 autos). 2 of the villains and 2 of the theme songs were dupes of the box I picked up at Secaucus, and both the Autos were of the common 40th anniversary variety. And Joanna had told me one common and one limited (or very limited) per box. Then in the last 10 packs I pulled a Mollie Peters WA20!

So:

(3) Autographs (1 limited)
(1) Bond Girls
(3) Villains
(4) Theme Songs
(1) Base set plus most of another

Always nice when a mis-sort comes out in your favor. Hope I didn't take the extra auto from anyone here! Big Grin

Posts: 420 | Location: Try looking under that pile of cards over there... | Registered: December 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Great for you Boldlygone Thumb Up
You made me do a second take to your message Smile

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Well, some very nice pull so far. I did okay on my box.

Autos: A40, Jan Williams, and A42 John Moreno
Vintage Bond: Lazenby 313 0f 700
Bond Girls: BG21 Sophie Marceau
Villans: F1, F10, F18
Songs: T1,T3,T5,T7

One full base set and one set missing 11 cards, no extra cards.

The base set is very nicely done and worth pursuing. My favorites are the Bond Girls and Villains. I'll be getting more of these.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
and 2 more US boxes

Box 1245
Autos : WA16 Sophie Marceau (Limited)
A39 John Wyman
Bond Girls: BG21 Sophie Marceau
Villains: F10, F13, F18
Themes: T2,T4,T6,T8

Box 0349
Autos : WA22 Maria Grazia Cucinotta (Limited)
A39 John Wyman
Bond Girls: BG27 Famke Janssen
Villains: F3, F9, F15
Themes: T1,T3,T5,T9

and 3 base sets from the 2 boxes

Only 1 more US box to come yet but as it is with a binder I have no doubt UK Customs will be holding onto it for a few days more

He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the centre of Time and he can see the turn of the Universe.
And...
He's WONDERFUL.

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Oh man that was a nice pic of Bond Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm very pleased with my Quotable Bond boxes. From the THREE UK Boxes I purchased, I got the following chase/autos:

Villains & Vixens: UK5, UK6, UK8
Villains of Bond: F1, F3, F4, F6, F9, F12, F15, F19, F20
Bond Theme Songs: 1 Complete Set + T4 & T6
Vintage Bond: VB3 (Moore) & VB5 (Brosnan)
Autographs:

A4 - Serena Scott Thomas (Limited)
A35 - Deborah Moore
A39 - John Wyman
A41 - Douglas Wilmer
WA17 - Michelle Yeoh (Limited Cool)
WA25 - MADELINE SMITH (V. Limited Sheep)

Great to get a very limited auto and two vintage Bonds. I've not had time to sort out all the base cards, but there's certainly a few sets there.

Posts: 240 | Location: London, England | Registered: December 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to picking up a couple of boxes of these at the NEC this weekend. Dance

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New to this board. Enjoy all your chat and breakdowns. Wish I had the resources to get into case breaking but unfortunately i'd need to start with safe breaking to fund it. Anyhoo I opened a box of these and was v. impressed. I didnt think i'd like quote cards but even the base set was well designed and enjoyable.

1 box yielded;
1 base set and about 10 short of a 2nd (no triplicates)
4 theme songs cards 2,5,7,10
3 villains, Goldfinger, Scaramanga and the guy from a Dalton film who was also the baddy in the Fugitive
1 BGAF I think it was Helga Brandt
1 vintage bond Connery 400/700 Woo-hoo (the best bond)
2 Autos Wilmer and Yeoh.
Nice to get a limited auto but better still to pull a round numbered vintage bond card.

I bought a binder from the seller and I think Rittenhouse should be commended on
1) Set + Binder design + Production values
2) Base + insert Collation/distribution

I doubt I'll get a master set as it'll cost about a grand but I think I'll have to buy Roger Moore's auto from somewhere. I just hope they dont make a future set with connery's auto or I'll have to sell my car to buy one.

Whilst I'm here thanks To OWM for my bond auto following Rittenhouses essay competition - much appreciated. Cheers

Posts: 46 | Location: UK | Registered: October 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of patonyfan
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard Alasdair Wave

Mike

Posts: 907 | Location: Bloomsburg, PA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Whilst I'm here thanks To OWM for my bond auto following Rittenhouses essay competition - much appreciated. Cheers

Hi, welcome to the board. Wavey By the way, which Bond auto did you get?

Posts: 240 | Location: London, England | Registered: December 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
Bought 3 US boxes thia weekend.

2 limited autos 4 not limited and a Sean Connery vintage Bond card. I'll post the full breakdown later in the week.

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OWM sent me a 40th Bond Vincent Schiavelli Auto which I already had but was grateful for nonetheless.

On a different note I just bit the bullet and bought a Quotable master set for 1125 dollars which works out about £650. I now have overwhelming guilt

Posts: 46 | Location: UK | Registered: October 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post