Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Ink Vault (Razor Entertainment)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ink Vault (Razor Entertainment)
 Login/Join

Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
Thanks anjee. I wish it wasn't smudged, but beggers can't be choosers. Smile

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
4 more boxes today

Box 1 -
Autos:
Buffy MOS A-3 (Mark Metcalf)
Jericho A4 (Kenneth Mitchell)
Angel Season 4 A29 (Jack Kehler)
Sealed Box: Smallville Season Six

Box 2 -
Autos:
Firefly A-4 (Adam Baldwin)
Buffy MOS A-3 (Mark Metcalf) Booo!
Looney Tunes BIA A7
Sealed Box: Batman Archives

Box 3 -
Autos:
Smallville Season 5 A33 (Kyle Gallner)
Family Guy A3 (Erik Estrada)
X-Files Connections A-3 (Mimi Rogers)
Sealed Box: Veronica Mars Season One

Box 4 -
Autos:
Buffy MOS A-8 (Adam Busch)
X-Files Connections A-6 (Nicholas Lea)
The 4400 Season One A-3 (Billy Campbell)
Sealed Box: Shrek the Third

Opened up the Veronica Mars box and got PW-2 (Logan's Shirt) and A-3 (Teddy Dunn)

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of samauto
posted Hide Post
Has anyone pulled a Twilight Unopened box yet?

Pete.

Posts: 504 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: July 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by samauto:

Probably better worded "Has anyone pulled THE Twilight unopened box yet?"

I seriously doubt they would go to the expense to put more than one in to satisfy the advertising that they had one in the product.

But, no. Haven't seen one in any of the breaks I've seen.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sealed Box: Batman Archives

wow, didn't realize Batman Archives were in this product. i've been waiting it out trying to decide if i want to give this product a go... maybe i do. Smile

Posts: 93 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: July 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:
Originally posted by samauto:

Probably better worded "Has anyone pulled THE Twilight unopened box yet?"

I seriously doubt they would go to the expense to put more than one in to satisfy the advertising that they had one in the product.

But, no. Haven't seen one in any of the breaks I've seen.

Ed

Are the Twilight boxes worth a lot of $? Have any Buffy S1 boxes been pulled?

Posts: 30 | Location: Washington State | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
Twlight goes 300-400 a box on the bay

no buffy s1 boxes i have seen pulled yet

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardinalfan13:
Twlight goes 300-400 a box on the bay

no buffy s1 boxes i have seen pulled yet

Are these boxes different than the ones you can buy at target and fred meyer? I've seen twilight packs at my local grocery stores for $2.99/pack. What can you pull out of these? autos?

Posts: 30 | Location: Washington State | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
no autos costumes the boxes you can buy at retail are made by neca the expensive ones are made by inkworks.

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
seems as though we are seeing the same boxes come out of this product. Cant complain, its the best bargain product thats been out in years. Heres what ive seen. If anyone has seen anything else please let the board know. thanks!!

LOST S2 S3
Family Guy (star wars mimic)
Topps Star wars evolution update
Topps Heroes 1 and 2
Topps Indiana Jones Heritage and Skull
Veronica Mars 1 and 2
Alias 3 and 4
4400 1 and 2
The Seeker
The Spirit
Scooby Doo Monsters
Shrek the 3rd
Smallville 5 and 6
Hellboy Animated
Journey to the Center 3d

Posts: 98 | Location: Livonia, MI 48154 | Registered: February 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
AVP Req.
Hulk Upper Deck

Actually quite a few more, if you just go through this thread. I'm too lazy! Smokin'

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
Supernatural connections
elvis press pass
golden compass
family guy season 1
Batman Archives
Fantastic four Archives

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I got another 3 boxes. I think I did a decent job, though I was hoping for some Charmed or Alias cards, with no luck...

Box #1:
Autos-
Lisa Marie auto (Sleepy Hallow)
Matt Servitto as Agent Dwight Harris (Sorpranos)
Peyton List as Lucy Lane (Smallville, Season 4)

Box- Smallville Season 5
BL2
TR 5,6,7,8
PL 3,4
James Marsters as Milton Fine Thumb Up
PW8 Lionel Luthor Pieceworks

Box #2
Autos-
Mercedes McNab as Harmony (Buffy Season 4)
Marnette Patterson as Charlie (Supernatural Season 1)
Andrea Gabriel as Nadia (Lost Revelations)

Box- The 4400, Season 2
Kevan Smith as Agent Garrity
PW5 Nina Jarvis Pieceworks
BL3
AC 2,3
L 2,3

Box #3
Autos-
Julie Bowen as Sarah Shepard (Lost Revelations)
Elinore Donahue as Ellie May Walker (TV Coolest Classics)
Adam Corolla as Death (Family Guy, Season 2)

Box- Family Guy- Blue Harvest
DC3
S 2,3
WN 4,5
ST 2,3,4
NH 1,2,9

Overall, pretty good I think! I'm pretty happy about the Marsters pull and the Smallville box since I wanted one, and the Mercedes McNab auto!

I have the Gabriel, Bowen, Patterson, and List autos on my trade list if anyone is interested in them.

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Here's the results of my four "Vaults".
I considered getting a whole case of these, but Twilight Zone 50 is coming soon, so buying both around the same time would've been a bit much, money wise.

Even so, these are really fun to break, and although I didn't get anything "spectacular" in mine, I still wish I'd got the whole case. I paid $45 each for these and they would've been about $40 by the whole case, so it would've been like getting 2-3 of the vaults for free that way. Of course, that would've been $800 instead of $180 which is definitely a consideration.

VAULT 1:
Peyton List (A30) - Smallville Season 4
Robert Clary (A5) - TVs Coolest Classics
Monica Dean (A23) - Lost Season 2

Unopened Box: Scooby Doo Mysteries & Monsters

VAULT 2
Brendan Fraser (A1) - Looney Tunes Back in Action
Ian Buchanan (A31) - Alias Season 3
Adrian Bouchet (A7) Aliens Vs. Predator.

Unopened Box: Indiana Jones Crystal Skull

VAULT 3
Brendan Fraser (A1) - Mummy Returns
Ron Melendez (A20) - Angel Season 3
Don Stanton (A6) - Looney Tunes Back in Action

Unopened Box: Veronica Mars Season 1

VAULT 4
Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (A5) Mummy Returns
Yancey Butler as Sara Pezzini (A-1) - Witchblade
Eric Johnson as Whitney Fordman (A3) - Smallville Season 1

Unopened Box: Alias Season 4

NOTES:
Three different "A1" autographs in 4 Vaults is pretty good I would think. I'm very glad to get both Brendan Fraser cards as I am a fan, and he's also got a nice, bold autograph. I'll probably keep the Looney Tunes version and sell/trade the other which is more popular, to recoup some of these funds. "TV's Coolest Classics" was a nice set, so I'm happy for that "Hogan's Heroes" actor autograph, which I didn't have yet. Ian Buchanan was on one of my favorite shows "Twin Peaks", so that's probably the closest I'll get to a Twin Peaks autograph card, given how hard it is to find the old 1991 Star Pics Twin Peaks Autograph cards. I don't know much about Lost, Smallville, Alias or Witchblade as I've never seen those shows, but the autograph cards look great and I'm sure I'll be able to do something with them.

Unopened box wise, the Scooby Mysteries and Monsters was a treat for me because I've always loved that series and have probably bought about 3 cases of it already. This box I found in the vault and immediately opened was one of the boxes (usually 1-2 per case) that had BOTH an autograph (Daphne) and a sketch card (from artist Rod DeLeon) in it. Best of all, it was a Villain card, which are some of most popular sketches from this set. This great box, I'm glad to say, more than made up for...

The Indiana Jones Crystal Skull box which was another of the many "dud" boxes of the new Indy movie cards that Topps somehow let slip out. Indeed, counting the boxes of Crystal Skull like this that had neither a sketch or autograph card along with the rampant insertion of sketch cards of such low quality and imagination that should have prevented their approval for use, the result was about half of all Crystal Skull boxes are, for all intents and purposes, "dud" boxes. A big reason why these cards went all the way down to an unheard of $100 for a full case in the aftermarket and still can be had for quite a bargain to this day. Still there is some good stuff in this set, autographs mostly, but also some of the artists did do great sketch work, so its still worth a shot opening these up. You could get luckly. I think I read earlier in this thread that someone found a Harrison Ford autograph that way. Wow!

I haven't opened the Alias or Veronica Mars cards, but I think you're supposed to get a costume AND autograph card in each box and neither used redemption cards, so that's nice.

Again, a great release from Razor who have done the collecting community a real service with this innovative product which will surely be all gone very soon. If you're thinking about getting one of these, don't wait too long, and make sure to post whatever you end up with here!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
I'm debating on whether or not to open the box of Batman Archives I pulled.

Yea or Nay?

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lizzy:

Yea or Nay?

There are some really nice sketches by Andy Price in those and few of the other artists did standout work, as well, but you'd have to be pretty lucky to get cards from the box worth more than the sealed box, if that's your main motivation. I think sealed boxes can still go for $35-$40 but not too many of the sketches are selling for more than $20.

The set is very nice and there should be a full set in the box as well as a nifty character lenticular card (1 of 9) plus a few inserts from two other chase sets.

Of course, it could be one of those "Hidden Archive" boxes that has all the inserts and several sketches, a long shot to be sure. More certain is the 48 Rittenhouse Rewards points the empty pack wrappers are worth, if you're saving those.

Good luck if you open it! Please post pic of the sketch here if you do.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
quote:

Yea or Nay?

There are some really nice sketches by Andy Price in those and few of the other artists did standout work, as well, but you'd have to be pretty lucky to get cards from the box worth more than the sealed box, if that's your main motivation. I think sealed boxes can still go for $35-$40 but not too many of the sketches are selling for more than $20.

The set is very nice and there should be a full set in the box as well as a nifty character lenticular card (1 of 9) plus a few inserts from two other chase sets.

Of course, it could be one of those "Hidden Archive" boxes that has all the inserts and several sketches, a long shot to be sure. More certain is the 48 Rittenhouse Rewards points the empty pack wrappers are worth, if you're saving those.

It's just sitting there, staring at me. I'm not currently collecting this set but I'm a sucker for sketches!. I'm afraid of what will happen if I do open it (I'll deplete my bank account, have to sell the cats, get a third job at Del Taco, etc, etc.)

Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
quote:

Yea or Nay?

It's just sitting there, staring at me. I'm not currently collecting this set but I'm a sucker for sketches!. I'm afraid of what will happen if I do open it (I'll deplete my bank account, have to sell the cats, get a third job at Del Taco, etc, etc.)

What if you don't open it though? The box will sit there staring at you. And if you put the box next to your ear you can hear the sketch card trapped inside begging you to set him free saying "open me" "open me". You really have no choice to let the poor sketch card free. Big Grin

Posts: 348 | Location: La Palma, CA | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
My last 2 boxes. I have bought 6 total and only pulled low end cards buts its been a lot of fun picking up cheap autos to complete sets. I just received my Hellboy Guillermo Del Toro auto from ebay to complete my master set Thumb Up

Box 5:
Jericho S1 Erik Knudsen
Smallville S2 Pete Ross
Sleepy Hollow Lisa Maria
Box: 4400 S2
Natasha Wagner A-15
PW-3 Richard Tyler

Box 6:
Lost A-10 Dustin Watchman 206/300 Silver
X-files Connections A8 Bruce Hammond
Hellboy A3 Karl Roden
Box: Jericho Season 1
A3 Sprague Graden
PW7 Kenneth Mitchell

All are for trade

Posts: 348 | Location: La Palma, CA | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm afraid of what will happen if I do open it (I'll deplete my bank account, have to sell the cats, get a third job at Del Taco, etc, etc.)

Does that mean you have curretnly already have two jobs at Del Taco? Razz