Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Ink Vault (Razor Entertainment)
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ink Vault (Razor Entertainment)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
I haven't opened the Alias or Veronica Mars cards, but I think you're supposed to get a costume AND autograph card in each box and neither used redemption cards, so that's nice.

Actually, the A-1 Kristen Bell auto from Veronica Mars S1 is a redemption...not sure if there was anything else.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LUZNDAVE:
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lizzy:

It's just sitting there, staring at me. I'm not currently collecting this set but I'm a sucker for sketches!. I'm afraid of what will happen if I do open it (I'll deplete my bank account, have to sell the cats, get a third job at Del Taco, etc, etc.)

What if you don't open it though? The box will sit there staring at you. And if you put the box next to your ear you can hear the sketch card trapped inside begging you to set him free saying "open me" "open me". You really have no choice to let the poor sketch card free. Big Grin

So, your saying if I don't open it that could be construed as sketch card abuse? Or holding a sketch card hostage? Man, this is getting serious. I don't want to go back to jail!

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I'm afraid of what will happen if I do open it (I'll deplete my bank account, have to sell the cats, get a third job at Del Taco, etc, etc.)

Does that mean you have curretnly already have two jobs at Del Taco? Razz

Ssssshhhh! Don't tell anybody! Red Face
There are actually 3 Del Taco's in town, so it is possible!

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
quote:
I haven't opened the Alias or Veronica Mars cards, but I think you're supposed to get a costume AND autograph card in each box and neither used redemption cards, so that's nice.

Actually, the A-1 Kristen Bell auto from Veronica Mars S1 is a redemption...not sure if there was anything else.

There are a couple of redemptions in the Alias boxes, too.

posted Hide Post
Being so lucky... I have pulled 3 redemptions for Razor Vault.

Lost Season 2
V Mars Kristen Bell A1
The Spirit A1

Posts: 98 | Location: Livonia, MI 48154 | Registered: February 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tragicend
posted Hide Post
hey email me if you dont want the veroica mars redemption card. i need it for my collection. maybe we can work out a deal? email me at buffycollector13@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 258 | Location: Homer Glen, IL | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Okay, I opened it

Inserts: L4, BG3, BG5, BG7, BG8, DV4 & DV6

And this neat Andy Price sketch:

Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Okay, I opened it

That's a fantastic sketch. Clap

Posts: 348 | Location: La Palma, CA | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
That is one sweet pull congrats

if i remember right he had to alter that one based on dc objects to the original sketch a scan of the original can be found on soundrels web site

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Thank you thank you. Big Grin The more I look at it, the more I like it.

I'm gonna have to check out that scan. I'm curious to see what was changed.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Yep, there it is. I like both versions a lot (although I am partial to bloody things).

posted Hide Post
I bought two boxes and got them today

Topps Heroes Season 1 Which had a Claire Bennet Costume card in it

Shrek the Third was the second box which Had a Sketch for Shrek by Tone Rodriguez in it.

And My 6 autos were
Joe Morton Smallville A6
Eric Johnson Smallville A3
John Benjamin Hickey Dark Rising A-JH
Sherri Howard Scorpion King A3
Yancy Butler Witch blade
Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje - Mummy Returns A5

I had hoped for Serenity or Veronica Mars autos but opening the boxes was fun

Rob

Posts: 49 | Location: Vancouver Wa USA | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
Lizzy if you want to move that lmk would love a crack at trading for it

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I opened a box last week

Autos
Angel Season 5 - Vincent Kartheiser as Connor
Alias - Gina Torres as Anna Espinosa
Alias - Robin Sachs as Hans Dietrich

Box - Journey To The Centre Of The Earth 3D
Costume card
PW2 Shirt worn by Josh Hutcherson as Sean.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardinalfan13:
Lizzy if you want to move that lmk would love a crack at trading for it

Sorry, this one is staying with me! Big Grin But, if I ever do decide to trade/sell, I'll let you know.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Okay, I opened it

Wow, Miss Lizzy

That's a beauty and collectors have been waiting for that one to pop up since the set was released.

When you were wondering whether or not you should open the box, not really being a collector of that set, I wrote earlier in this thread:

"There are some really nice sketches by Andy Price in those and few of the other artists did standout work, as well, but you'd have to be pretty lucky to get cards from the box worth more than the sealed box, if that's your main motivation. I think sealed boxes can still go for $35-$40 but not too many of the sketches are selling for more than $20."

Well, you were "pretty lucky" all right, and you got pretty much the best thing possible. And yup, that card is worth WAY more than a sealed box would have cost, even when they first came out.

Congratulations!!! Clap

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Thank you! Big Grin I am very proud of my new sketch, I liked it as soon as I saw it, but I had no idea about it's history! It's a good feeling when you open a box and end up with a great card like that. Elephant

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I busted four boxes and the 12 autos were:

Jesse Metcalfe - Smallville
Mercedes McNabe - Angel
Ian Buchanan - Alias
Charlie Weber - Buffy MOS
M.C. Gainey - Lost revelations
Morena Baccarin - Firefly
Tina Majorino - Veronica Mars
Tori Spelling - Smallville
Chad Faust - The 4400 (x2)
Marc Vann - Angel
Tim Conway - Scooby Doo

Hidden boxes were:

X-Files IWTB
Indiana Jones Heritage
The Seeker the dark is rising
American Idol 2009

The best hits were a Gillian Anderson auto from the X-Files box ( the one card I still needed so a brilliant pull for me) and these two sketches from Indiana Jones

I have no clue on the artist of this sketch, anyone know??

Anyway, I was thrilled with my pulls and really enjoyed opening this productSmile

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
The bottom sketch is by Tommy Lee Edwards.

Congrats on the Anderson auto, the Duron sketch is very cool as well.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hornetsfan
posted Hide Post
Was bored so I went to the LCS and bought another box. Was hoping to get lucky and get a Jewel Staite Auto to go along with the Fillion I pulled to give to a friend, but wasn't lucky enough.

Anyways the pulls were the following, nothing I want, so I'll probably dump them off just like I did with the other ones.

Starwars Evolution Update Box - Michonne Bourriague AUTO

Edmund Entin - Seeker Dark is Rising Auto
Erik Estrada - Family Guy Auto
Kirsten Dunst - Small Soldiers Auto

Posts: 268 | Location: LEMON-ville | Registered: November 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post