Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Space: 1999 (Unstoppable Cards, 2016)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Space: 1999 (Unstoppable Cards, 2016)
 Login/Join

Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted
I opened 3 boxes earlier this week and I must say that after waiting an incredibly long time to FINALLY receive these cards, I couldn't be more disappointed.

The base cards are OK, but the photographs that were selected are somewhat on the boring side. Also, the set itself would have really benefited from some additional cards - a 54 card base is pretty thin considering all of the iconic imagery available from this series. Having only one card per episode and a couple generic sfx shots really diminishes the impact of the set.

Out of the 3 boxes, I received the following:

Only 2 complete base sets (quite surprised with this outcome considering each box is guaranteed to contain a complete base set)

Only 8 individual cards of the 9 card mirror foil insert set - with as many as 3 or 4 dupes of certain cards! My boxes were consecutively numbered, so there's no excuse for such poor collation – especially considering the total number of foil cards I ended up with. Note: the 9 card mirror foil set includes 2 different John Koenig and Helena Russell cards. It would have been nice to have only 1 each of them and have included Paul Morrow and David Kano instead. Just saying...

Autograph cards from the following individuals:

Zienia Merton as Sandra Benes
Anthony Forrest as Carson (no idea of who he is)
Brian Johnson - Special Effects Director

and the following "no names"

Robert Atiko as Technician
Suzanne Heimer as Nurse
Jack Klaff as Security Guard

Never heard of those 3 and I couldn't pick them out of a line-up, let alone any specific episode.

No sketch cards or printing plates.

Considering what I paid for these 3 boxes, the shipping costs from the UK, and the incredibly long wait, I should have just picked up a base set and a couple of selected autos from the secondary market. Sigh…

If anyone has an extra F1 foil card of Koenig, I’d be happy to trade for it!

Anyone else have any better luck?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 283 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I ordered only one box, will post the break when I get it.

I must say my expectations have really sunk after reading your breaks. Jack Klaff has an autograph in Bond cards. Anthony Forrest might have a Star Wars autograph card, if it is the same actor. The others I can't place.

And how do you only get 2 complete base sets from 3 boxes when it's a 54 base card set? You should have made 4 or 5 sets with such a small set.

A really poor start to be sure. Frown

Posts: 10355 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
It was a dream come true knowing a set will be created for Space 1999 but looking at list of signers and the ones not inserted, design and creativity on this set, I am passing unfortunately.

Even I Tribute set for the deceased actors would have been great has an insert...

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I opened 4 boxes.
I also got 2 binders each with an with autograph of writer Christopher Penfold and a promo set.

Foils
All but F8 (Tony)

Printing plate
card 30 (front)

Sketch
Alan Carter sketch (colour) by Clay Sayre ( I think)
Maya (b&w) by Ted Woods

Autograph
RB1 - Roy Boyd (Joe Lustig)
BJ - Brian Johnson (FX director)
ZM3 - Zienia Merton (Sandra Benes) x2
RA2 - Robert Atiko (Technician)
PR1 - Pam Rose (Command centre operative)
JK1 - Jack Klaff (Security guard)

I also received a case topper pack with CS1 Catherine Schell autograph card and 2 printing plates of card 43 (front & back)

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So as promised here is the break of my box:

2 complete base sets and 4 left over base cards.

6 Mirror Foils - F1, F3, F4, F5, F7 & F8.

Autographs:
Pam Rose as Command Centre Operative, black ink.
Robert Atiko as Technician, red ink.

Extras courtesy of SciFi Cards, P37 promo, Space EWP1 promo and Nick Tate AT1 Dance.

So when all is said and done, I still don't like that so many cards were labeled dealer only, but I am quite happy with what I got even though I can't recall those actors whose autographs I pulled. Thank you Ed, you went above and beyond. Smile

I still got 2 full sets of pretty nice cards, but I do think they could have made a larger base and put in only one. The only other suggestion I would make to Unstoppable is about the card design. The card numbers drove me crazy. Those white block numbers in the red box all look the same and you have to stare to tell them apart.

Now I'm going back to read the text. Thumb Up

Posts: 10355 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Case 1405 - 1416 break.
1405 5 foils 2 autos Jack Klaff1, Shane Rimmer2
1406 4 foils 2 autos Robert Atiko1, Susan Jamieson1
1407 5 foils 2 autos Robert Atiko2, Jack Kleff2
1408 6 foils 2 autos Anthony Forrest1, Roy Boyd1
1409 6 foils 1 auto Valerie Leon1, Print Plate (didn't realise the print plate came at the cost of an auto, shame)
1410 4 foils 2 autos Pam Rose1, Brian Johnson
1411 6 foils 2 autos Cribbins2 (very damaged, score right across the card) Anthony Forrest1
1412 4 foils 2 autos Roy Boyd1, Suzanne Heimer2, COLOUR SKETCH of Bergman by Elin Timer (? can't read Sig)
1413 4 foils 2 autos Catherine Schell2, Suzanne Heimer1, B/W SKETCH of Bergman (again! LOL) by Rich Molinelli
1414 5 foils 2 autos Jack Klaff2, Brian Johnson2
1415 5 foils 1 auto Jack Klaff1 Print Plate (again seems to be at the loss of an auto
1416 4 foils 2 auto Valerie Leon1, Roy Boyd1.
B/W SKETCH of Koenig by Westley Smith.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Spencer Quist,

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Is EWP1 a Sci Fi Cards exclusive promo ?

Posts: 3974 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Is EWP1 a Sci Fi Cards exclusive promo ?

The card reads Space: 1999 Dealer Promo on the front and Space: 1999 USA Exclusive Promo Card on the back.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
EWP1

Exclusive Webb P1. ?

Posts: 28997 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of anthonyd
posted Hide Post
Nice breakdowns.

I got a set short of 2 cards (#10, #11 - anyone got extras?)
Ton of dupes.

Suzanne Heimer autograph.
Anthony Forrest autograph.

I bought the binder so I got the Christopher Penfold auto-card.

It was a decent set overall - wish I got a sketch card.
Hoping they release another set in December, 2016.

Any chance of some sketches being uploaded?

Raven - I agree - the numbers were crazy - I ended up using the checklist cards to put the base set into 9-pocket pages!

This set definitely needed at least 72 card base set, if not 90.

Posts: 802 | Location: MA | Registered: March 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a similar problem completing my base set, 8 cards short. Sent an email to Unstoppable and they sent replacements.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post