Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Buffy 10th Anniversary (Inkworks)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buffy 10th Anniversary (Inkworks)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted
Opened 4 boxes.

Forever - F-1, F-2, F-3, F-4 (x2), F-5, F-6 (x2), F-7, F-9
Recollections - R-1 (x2), R-2, R-5, R-6, R-8 (x2)
Leader - L-1 (x2), L-3 (x2)
M-1 - Welcome to Sunnydale

Pieceworks
PW-2 (x2) Buffy's pants
PW-7 Giles' sweater
PW-14 dual Doublemeat shirt and pants

Propworks

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice job on pulling the prop card.

What is your overall impression of the cards?

Posts: 833 | Location: Melbourne, VIC. Australia | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I haven't had chance to look closely but the pictures look grainy on the base set. I'll get round to looking at the text tomorrow.

Looks like one of PW-2 pieces is right on crease at the front of the pants.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's how my case broke down

Costumes:
PW1
PW3
PW4 - VARIANT Redemption card. Redemption is for the Embroidery Trim Variation of the jacket
PW5
PW6
PW7
PW8
PW9
PW11
PW13
PW14 - Doublemeat Dual Costume Card

Friends Forever card FF3

PROP Card SE1 (#34/107)

Map Card M1

Legacy: 3 sets + extras
Recollection: 1 set (1 card short of a 2nd set)
Forever: 2 full sets

Laura

Laura

This message has been edited. Last edited by: WandringRebel,

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
WOW!
Congrats everyone on the pulls so far!

My boxes are arriving next week Smile

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
great pulls so far, guys Smile

It makes me, kind of, want to buy a box or two BUT I just can't do it.

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blwilson
posted Hide Post
Opened one box.

Base set x1
Leader Of Slayers L-2
Forever F-1, F-2
Recollections R-7, R-8
Welcome to Sunnydale M-1
Pieceworks PW-14 Doublemeat Shirt and Pants

Blair

wuher, Scott Rammel, Bond, mars53, Arvin Sloane, Larry C., silmapco, MrSpeed719, spidergoblin, mark64, steve j, barrowjack, indypat75, ra4dunb, Avalon, hammer, Gregor1968, Rich, Scifi Cards, Ryan Cracknell, UofLHoops, Cee_Jay, rachandcarl, brandocles, venom5liter, Warrior Babe, manolito, SciFi Mom, Ariana, Craig, beleay, kidtrek, eman, iki927, jane

Posts: 281 | Location: Surrey, BC, Canada | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
Incredible pulls so far, I'm really jealous.
I will need to hunt down some boxes.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Great pulls Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cee_Jay
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to all! Great pulls so far!

Posts: 756 | Location: NRW, Germany | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
lots of doublemeats showing up, they probably had alot of those costumes. im really looking forward to seeing a case breakdown.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: scarredgod,

Posts: 42 | Location: pittsburgh, pa | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Here's my case breakdown.

Leader of Slayers - 4 complete sets
Recollections - 2 complete sets + 1 extra
Forever - 2 complete sets + 8 extras
Map of Sunnydale x 2
Pieceworks - PW-1 PW-3 PW-4 PW-5
PW-6 PW-7 PW-8 PW-10
PW-11 PW-13 PW-14 x 2
Friends Forever - FF-3 Giles
and, of course, CL-1 Legendary.

So, out of one complete case, I am missing PW-2, PW-9, and PW-12, along with the three remaining "Friends Forever" cards and (drat) the dreaded SE-1 "Slayer's Essential" stake card. (Karma for being a bigger fan of Angel?) Haven't finished sorting base sets yet, but I did have a box that only contained one complete set.

Now, onto the photos:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: morenomark,

Posts: 53 | Location: Moreno Valley, CA | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Hey Raj,

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! You are on a roll! In 1 week you pull a stake AND a Daniel Radcliff auto Metal

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Broke a box tonight-

1 base set with an almost complete second set missing one card

R6, R7
L3
F7, F8

PW-14- DoubleMeat Palace card.

Will get another box soon...

I love the look and feel of the set- one of the best Buffy sets yet.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
fantastic breakdown

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of prophecygirl
posted Hide Post
Got my boxes today -

Box 1:

L1
R8
F7, F8, F9
PW2

Box 2:

L2
R7
F8, F9
PW6

Box 3:

L1
R6, R7
F5, F6
PW7

Box 4:

L3
R1, R8
F1, F2
PW5
M1

Box 5:

L1
R6
F1, F2
PW4

Box 6:

L3
R5
F3, F4
PW2

I don't think it's the best Buffy set I've seen, but it's pretty good. Some images on the base cards could have been clearer. The map card is very cool though! And I do like the case card.

Oh, and morenomark - e-mail sent Smile

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 1997-2003

Posts: 1489 | Location: Stockport, UK | Registered: August 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is my case...

Leader of Slayers - 4 complete sets
Recollections - 2 complete sets + 1 extra (most had the foil peeling from the bottom)
Forever - 2 complete sets + 8 extras
Map of Sunnydale x 2
Pieceworks:
PW-1
PW-4 (2)
PR-2
PW-7 (2)
PW-8 (2)
PW-9
PW-11
PW-14 (2)
Friends Forever - 0
Legendary CL-1

Boxes have at least 1 base set, but quite a few had cards missing for a 2nd set. The Recollections damages were like the Star Wars Evolution update autograph cards. Overall the set was good looking and I was very happy with the redemption, but not getting the Friends Forever pieceworks was a real bummer as that was one of my main draws for the set. Also getting so many duplicate pieceworks was disappointing. If I didn't get the redemption, almost half the case would have been duplicates.

Posts: 275 | Location: California | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do like the set, but felt the collation could have been better (see below). Out of two cases, I would have hoped to only be 2 pw's short (not inc Forever Friends), so a little dissappointed at still chasing 4.

Anyway, here is my breakdown:
Leader L1-3 : 4 sets + 6 spares
Forever F1-9 : 4 sets + 17 spares Frown
Recollections R1-8 : 2 sets + 20 spares Shake Head
Slayer Essential SE1 : 0 (as expected!)
Legendary CL1 : 2
Map M1 : 6
Forever Friends
FF1 : 0
FF2 : 0
FF3 : 0
FF4 : 2 Frown
Pieceworks:
PW1 : 1
PW2 : 0
PW3 : 1
PW4 : 2
PW5 : 3
PW6 : 4
PW7 : 2
PW8 : 4
PW9 : 0
PW10 : 2
PW11 : 0
PW12 : 0
PW13 : 1
PW14 : 3
PR1 : 0
PR2 : 1

Posts: 168 | Location: Green Hammerton, Yorkshire, UK | Registered: November 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
interesting case breakdowns. looks like alot of PW-8 cards as well. i just bought PW-8 from the auction site for $18 and im satisfied with that price. im going ala carte for this set though i would love to be opening a case right about now.

Posts: 42 | Location: pittsburgh, pa | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of angelchick182
posted Hide Post
Glad to see a Propworks card pulled this early on. I'd love to get some boxes of this, but I'm on a serious break from boxes for a while(I've got waaaay to many singles hoarding closet space), so a mini-master for me, and then plug away at the rest. And I'm a bit strapped for cash, so I think I'll be waiting until prices settle in before I buy anything.

Congrats to those of you who've pulled some goodies - and good luck to those of you waiting on boxes! Thumb Up

Posts: 1681 | Location: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: July 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post