Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Star Trek The Original series 40TH Anniversary: Series 2 ( Rittenhouse Archives)

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4026073384/m/6091022672

April 12, 2008, 10:52 AM
Boldlygone
Star Trek The Original series 40TH Anniversary: Series 2 ( Rittenhouse Archives)
from my 3 boxes I pulled 3 full 110-card base sets.
3cards shoert of a forth with 32 Duplicate cards
I also noticed that 3 of the 4 #168 & 219 cards were slightly mis-cut with a sliver if the picture on the next card showing on one side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender
January 10, 2009, 02:30 PM
Ribeyespud
I have been in a real star trek mood and since I love the original series I bought 1 box of season 2 to open and I was a little sad that there aren't any words on the back of the cards. However, I really like the look and feel of the cards as they remind me of my youth. I know I'll have fun putting the puzzles together. Anyway two thumbs up for the base cards, and the rest of the subsets too. I will have to try to get a box of season 1. Knowing the odds were really tough to pull a limited or very limited auto I figured any guest stars auto of a character I liked would be ok. I opened all the packs really slow to savor the look of the cards. So here's what I did end up pulling and I really didn't care about what I pulled as I was really enjoying the nostalgic feel of the cards. Best fun I've had with trading cards for a long time. Anyway...

1st pull was black & white expansion card # 92 Spock (Cool card)

2nd pull was portrait card PT19 Kirk

3rd pull was Sticker of Sulu (I almost want to stick it somewhere like on my old school locker)

4th pull was my 1st auto Yeoman Janice Rand A161
Talk about a pleasant surprise!

The rest of the pulls were a blur (but in a good way after being stunned by the Grace Lee Whitney auto from Charlie X)

The other pulls were

A177 Melvin Belli as steve from "And the children shall lead" (Hey I remember him!)

A183 LLoyd Kino as Wu in "The Omega Glory"
(Hmm...will have to watch the episode as I don't remember him) and I just discovered a printin error as part of the Congratulations on the back is not there. Anyone else have that Problem????

Charlie X card #22

Sticker card of Kirk (got ta love it!)

Expansion card #104 Planet Delta Vega (painted mat shot)

and Portrait cards
PT32 Gary Seven & PT45 T'Pring

Way cool set, way fun opening!

May 19, 2009, 11:57 PM
riddler_149
I decided to try my luck, especially since the boxes were priced so low- I got 3 boxes for $100! Anyways, I haven't watched that much TOS, so I had no expectations. Needless to say, I was pretty surprised, especially by box #2!

Box #1
A153 Sean Morgan as Lt. Oneil
A188 James Daris as Morg
A163 Jan Shutan as Lt. Mira Romaine
Charlie X 23
PT 29,37,44
Cage 101, 107
S6,8

Box #2
A150 William Shatner as Romulan Imposter Big Grin Thumb Up Clap
A149 Barbara Baldavin (Balance of Terror variant)- also one of the few characters I knew because I just watched that episode!
A154- Sean Kenney as Lt. DePaul
Charlie X G8
S3,4
Cage 97,98
PT 20, 28, 33

Box #3
A147 Deborah Downey as Mavig
A184 Derek Partridge as Dionyd
A138 Phil Morris as Onlie Boy
PT24,29,40
G16,17
Cage 91,99
Charlie X C16

I am SUPER stoked by my pulls, especially as Shatner autos go for major money, and I was not going to pay that much for one, and I doubted that I would get one, so I resigned myself to never having one. But now I do!

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/