Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Dexter Season 3
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dexter Season 3
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Decided to open 4 more boxes today, and wow!

Box 1 #1823

Costume Cards:
D3-C19 Debra
D3-C28 4-Swatch
D3-C29 8-Swatch

Sketch Card:
by Len Bellinger

Eek Big Grin

Inserts: D3-Q1, D3-Q2, D3-CP1, D3-CP2, D3-V1, D3-V2

Box 2 #116

Auto:
D3A-JS Jimmy Smits (red ink)

Costumes:
D3-C1 Dexter
D3-C27 Debra & Joey

Inserts - D3-Q6, D3-Q7, D3-CP3, D3-CP4, D3-V4, D3-V5

Box 3 #2406

Costumes:
D3-C8 Rita
D3-C9 Rita
D3-C10 Lt. Laguerta

Inserts - D3-Q5, D3-Q6, D3-Q7, D3-CP2, D3-CP3, D3-V2, D3-V3

Box 4 #367

Auto/Costume:
D3AC-JC Jennifer Carpenter (black ink)

Props:
D3-P1 Target Paper
D3-P3 Picture Frame (wood)

Inserts - D3-Q8, D3-Q9, D3-CP4, D3-CP5, D3-V4, D3-V5

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
That's the same Bellinger sketch I pulled, how did it get in your box Miss Lizzy???!!!! Big Grin

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
I don't actually collect Dexter but I organised a group buy for a bunch of Australian collectors so I ended up breaking a few boxes for myself.

First box:
> Puzzle CP8 CP9, Victims V1 V9, Quotes Q9 Q10
> Autographed costume C. S. Lee (Vince Masuka) Big Grin
> Dual costume x2 C18 (Debra) C19 (Debra)

Second box:
> Puzzle CP3 CP4, Victims V5 V6, Quotes Q5 Q6
> Prop P8 (file folder, very plain)
> Dual auto Hall / Benz Bouncey
> Dual costume C23 (Joey Quinn)

Third box:
> Puzzle CP1 CP2, Victims V3 V4, Quotes Q3 Q4
> Dual costume x3 C24 (Dexter / Prado) C26 (Laguerta / Prado) C25 (Dexter / Rita)
This would have been a pretty boring box except the C25 is the wedding dress and has some blood at the edge.

This is a great value series. The inserts are nice and there's lots of quality and variety in the 3 hits per box.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Some nice pulls there Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
one box

cards
more cards
2 costumes
this guy

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I bought 3 boxes and received:

1 Auto/costume Masuka
2 Props - Folder and evidence bag
4 Dual Costumes - Dexter/Miguel, Dexter/Rita, 2 Rita/Rita (both different)
1 8 swatch costume
1 4 swatch costume

Not a bad break out of 3 boxes, really happy I didn't get any dupesSmile

I gotta say these cards are selling cheaper than I expected. I picked up the dual Dexter/Rita auto for only $83, Jennifer Carpenter auto for $43 and the bloody photoframe for less than $20.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Before listing the results of my case I would like to say that the cards are beautifully and innovatively designed and that the on card autos are great.Judging by everyone elses pulls I just got unlucky with the collation process Frown .

Autos Jimmy Smits x 2
James Remar

Auto Cost Micheal C Hall
Jennifer Carpenter
C S Lee

Props P4
P8 x 2
P9
P10

Costumes C14 x 3
C15 x 3
C16 x 3
C17 x 3
C18 x 2
C19 x 2
C20 x 2
C21 x 2
C22
C23
C24
C26
C27

Not the result I was hoping for to say the least.Either someone dropped the ball in the packing dept or this was one of the last cases done and I guess we now know which costume cards were more plentiful.

At least in the last box I did find the sketch,a nice colour Angel Batista by Brian Kong.I was beginning to think that might be missing too.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i've had my case for awhile but just now getting to post the break. i was really looking forward to this set and it did not disappoint. of all the premium inserts, i only had a one double, which was the Jimmy Smits autograph, but one was in black and one in red, so technically they are different.

here's how it broke down:

case topper: len bellinger cemetery scene

sketch card: brian kong

(not this exact card, but the same drawing. this is one that is on sale on the auction site)

dexter's victims insert set: 1 complete set, 15 extras (1 card shy of a second complete set)

quotes insert set: 2 complete sets, 5 extras

puzzle insert set: 2 complete sets, 6 extras

costume cards:
D3-C1 - dexter
D3-C2 - dexter
D3-C3 - dexter
D3-C4 - dexter
D3-C5 - dexter
D3-C6 - rita
D3-C7 - rita
D3-C9 - rita
D3-C11 - laguerta
D3-C12 - laguerta
D3-C13 - batista
D3-C14 - batista
D3-C15 - debra
D3-C16 - debra
D3-C17 - debra
D3-C18 - debra
D3-C19 - debra
D3-C20 - debra
D3-C21 - masuka
D3-C22 - masuka
D3-C23 - quinn
D3-C24 - dexter and prado
D3-C26 - laguerta and prado
D3-C27 - debra and quinn (interesting thing about this card is that it does not have the identifying information at the bottom front of the card like all the other cards: "Authentic Wardrobe Material Worn By Debra Morgan and Joey Quinn")
D3-C28 - quad

prop cards:
D3-P3 - photograph frame
D3-P6 - dexter's tool bag
D3-P8 - miami metro PD file folder
D3-P9 - miami metro PD forensic lab file folder
D3-P10 - forensics quarterly magazine cover

autographs:
D3A-JR - james remar (black)
D3A-JS - jimmy smits (red)
D3A-JS - jimmy smits (black)
D3AC-CSL - c.s. lee costume auto (black)
D3AC-DH - desmond harrington costume auto (red)
D3AC-LV - lauren velez costume auto (red)

overall i really liked this set, and while a master set will probably elude me, i do hope to at least get the few costumes i don't have.

Posts: 93 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: July 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice break Thumb Up . Because of how out of whack with every other break my case was I have contacted Breygent just to see if there is any way they can help me out exchanging the duplicate costume cards.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
that collation is strange, triple-frog. good luck.

Posts: 93 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: July 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
WOW!! Eek . I am definitely a fan of Breygent now Smile . Tom replied to my e-mail the same day and is swapping my duplicates for the cards I do not have Elephant .

After such fantastic service plus the quality of the products I will be buying more of their products in the future.

posted Hide Post
that's great news! and i commend Tom for the wonderful customer service.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
FINALLY Got one box

I pulled:
D3-C6 - Rita
D3-C7 - Rita
and D3AC-LV Lauren Velez signed costume card(red)

The cards are beautiful
Great Job, Breygent!

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Picked up another box at Memorbilia yesterday:

#0015/3000 (My lowest ever box number)

Quotes: Q1,Q2
Puzzle: CP3,CP4
Victims:V6,V7

Costumes: C20 ,C21
Auto Costume: D3AC-DH Desmond Harrington (Red Ink)

No auto or props.

Not bad two boxes purchased and both had a auto costume in them. Clap

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Nice box Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I decided to finally get a box of this release- love Dexter, but never got around to this release until now!

Quotes: Q1,2
Puzzle: CP2,3
Victims: V3,4,5
Prop: P9 Forensic Science Lab Folder
Costume: C11 LaGuerta Dual Costume
Auto Costume: C.S. Lee auto Costume

Overall pretty happy! Love Matsuka, so the auto costume was a bonus!

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just in case anyone was wondering about exactly what you would find in a Master Set: Loaded Box from this set, I opened one today and this is what I found:

Autograph Cards:

Costume Cards:

Prop Cards:

Case-Topper, Multi-case Incentive and Sketch Card by Brian Kong:

Plus all the different chase sets. Just missing the base set. Some nice cards but I think I'll stick with sketch cards in future Wink

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
4 autographs from the man himself, some very nice prop variants, cool sketch, and you gotta love those colorful Miami fashions in full display on the costume cards.

Nice "instant" collection, thanks for sharing!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Got box #1380 for Christmas and got the following:

Base set
Dexter's Victims 2, 3
Quotes 6, 7
Puzzle 8, 9
D3-C26 Maria LaGuerta & Miguel Prado dual costume
D3-C27 Debra Morgan & Joey Quinn dual costume
D3A-JR James Remar autograph

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ravenheart,

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post