Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Dexter Season 3
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dexter Season 3
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Received my first box this morning. I'm very happy with it:

Box 2514/3000

Dexter's Victims: V3,V4
Dexter Quotes: Q8,Q9
Puzzle Cards: CP8,CP9

Costume: D3-C7
Auto Costume: D3AC-Julie Benz
Prop: D3P2-Evidence Bag

I was going to get another box but I think I might just leave it after this great break and get the rest of cards I want elsewere.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
My cases arrived today and I must congratulate Breygent for such a fantastic product. I had great fun cracking a case and scored 19 dual costume cards, 8 swatch costume, 4 swatch costume x2, 8 prop cards (yes 8 including the picture frame and rare milk carton!!!!) 4 auto/costume cards, 2 autos and a sketch card. I'll post the full breakdown later.

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ocdlotr:
which sketch?

If you go to Breygents site, it is the 4th down on the left of Len Bellinger (one with the syringe)

Hope that helps
Dave

Posts: 168 | Location: Green Hammerton, Yorkshire, UK | Registered: November 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Now for my break

Autos

Jimmy Smitts
James Remar

Auto/costumes

CS Lee x2
Lauren Velez
Julie Benz

Costumes

C1
C2
C3
C4
C5
C10
C12
C15 x2
C16
C17
C19
C21
C22 x2
C23
C24
C26
C27
C28 (4 swatch) x2
C29 (8 swatch)

Props

P3
P5
P6
P7
P8
P9
P10
P11

And a sketch by LEN BELLINGER Elephant Sheep Clap

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ocdlotr
posted Hide Post
okay, I'll have to ask again...?
Which one?

(glad so many NSU posters are pulling these sketch cards!)

Posts: 216 | Location: New York | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Sorry I didn't get time to scan the sketch but if you go to Breygents home page it's the one in the bottom right corner. First one I've pulled of your's Len. Chuffed to bits Big Grin

Picture of ocdlotr
posted Hide Post
Smile

That was an eerie scene...Miguel Prado's slit scarred throat and lifeless eyes after Dexter took care of him was an image I thought wouldn't get approval at all from Showtime, especially after a few other submission studies that were a tad bloodier had already been bounced...

These are the 'bloodier' submission studies...

Here's your original version of Miguel Prado...

...and from an earlier post, here's the 'Key Lime Pie' death injection as Dexter assisted Camilla in her quest to go quietly into the dark night...

I usually just do cinema related sketch card sets...but...I'm a big fan of Dexter and just had to be part of the show's trading card history in some little way...and, it was a pleasure working with Tom...Breygent products are really beautifully designed, packed with collector goodies and each element carries with it such panache and class!...

Posts: 216 | Location: New York | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
Showtime can't handle all that bloodWink You're too gory Len!
wonderful work on the set btw and scene selection. On my side, I went for some romance and kisses, but then again...!The middle road is saferWink

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ocdlotr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DavidDeb:
Showtime can't handle all that bloodWink You're too gory Len!
wonderful work on the set btw and scene selection. On my side, I went for some romance and kisses, but then again...!The middle road is saferWink

...hey David...just saw your terrific Deb artist return on E***...beautiful piece...and sensational work on this set as well...

...and love the romance angle as well...love and murder...ying yang...that's what makes this show so unnerving! Mad Luv You Mad Twak Mad Eek Mad

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
thanks Len,
actually this E*** return is one of the two from the previous set, the counterpart of 'Bad Dexter'
I'm not the seller.
indeed, it's a well balanced show with grandiose season finale each time, always want more!

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ocdlotr
posted Hide Post
...you know David, I just revisited that Deb auct**n and now see that it's already in the Netherlands...mmmm...it takes me a while as I get carried away with the image...AND...that the sketch cards are exactly the same for Season 3...

...nice work anyway...

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
hey Len, I'm not sure I know what you mean by
'that the sketch cards are exactly the same for Season 3...'

the left Debra is from season 1-2 release and the fact that it's on e*** right now have nothing to do with the season 3 release of dexter. The seller is just selling it at this moment. The right debra is my AP for this new series. I do my best to avoid repeating my cards even if I have a few images to play with, but I never redo similar design to keep my AP one of a kind.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
I think he ment to say that Breygent designed them the same way
unless the back is different
the fronts do look the same

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ocdlotr
posted Hide Post
thanks Damien...you're correct...

I meant that the front of the sketch card blanks are exactly the same...my blanks are dated 2009 and so maybe even the backs are the same as well...

...so when I saw your Deb on E*** and saw it listed as an Artist Return I just assumed it was from this new Season 3 release. THEN I noticed the location of the seller wasn't from Canada and realized it was from the first Dexter release. I should have noticed Deb's hair length...

...but, it's great opportunity to get to see both your Debs here on NSU...

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
If you look at the text on the back of the sketch cards, you will see that the season 1 & 2 series sketch cards have 3 lines of text. The series 3 sketches only have 2 lines of text.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
well, mystery solved, Debra found a new home that I've been toldWink
anyone pulled any of my cards from season 3? haven't seen a single one yet...

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DavidDeb:
well, mystery solved, Debra found a new home that I've been toldWink
anyone pulled any of my cards from season 3? haven't seen a single one yet...

I've got another 4 cases coming over so fingers crossed for one!!

Picture of siddarth
posted Hide Post
Finally got around to collating the rest of my case. I put together 14 complete sets or 1.4 sets per box. Razz

Posts: 48 | Location: NC | Registered: August 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been looking for some of your sketches in Dexter season 3 and have come up empty. How many did you do for this set? Seems strange none have been listed on the bay or been in any of the box breaks on here. Very strange indeed.

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bacall1:
I've been looking for some of your sketches in Dexter season 3 and have come up empty. How many did you do for this set? Seems strange none have been listed on the bay or been in any of the box breaks on here. Very strange indeed.

did 38 including 3 panels
The Pact
Blood Spatter Analysis
Dexter's Stroll

It's possible that most are pulled by collectors that keep them, but I would have expected to see a few still, or people looking for panel parts..