Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Doctor Who Trilogy 2nd Edition Monochrome
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Doctor Who Trilogy 2nd Edition Monochrome
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I really do like Carolyn's sketches as they are very realistic, especially when you see them with your own eyes.

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cardz_house:
Thanks. I really do like Carolyn's sketches as they are very realistic, especially when you see them with your own eyes.

Hmm. I think the person who bought your Leela sketch for GBP120 got an absolute bargain

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Everyone seems to be missing the F12.

Barrie is in his office sitting in the corner on a box full of F12's laughing hystericaly. Big Grin

No F12s in my first couple of boxes either, but there was no such shortage in the first Trilogy release, so I have plenty of spares from that to make up sets...

I can't see any difference between the foils from the 1st and 2nd Trilogy releases anyway. Anyone confirm please??

Posts: 449 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Dalekfan, it was my understanding that the foils were the same (I think that I read that on the website).

Returned home from holiday to find an invitation to order (I'd let them know that I was going away) from Elizabeth but cannot get the link to work. Have e-mailed without response yet, did anyone else have a similar problem?

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Elizabeth wasn't in the office on Friday. Maybe she's just catching up and you'll hear in a day or so.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Raj. I'm sure I'll hear fairly soon.

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justm:
Returned home from holiday to find an invitation to order (I'd let them know that I was going away) from Elizabeth but cannot get the link to work. Have e-mailed without response yet, did anyone else have a similar problem?

I had the same problem, I just retyped the link in my browser and it worked fine.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Thumb Up

Thank you John that worked splendidly!!

Order made.

Looking forward to receiving my package now and have e-mailed Elisabeth to ignore my previous correspondence.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justm:
Thumb Up

Thank you John that worked splendidly!!

Glad to be of service.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alex Krycek
posted Hide Post

Really happy with my case although one box had no autos costume or sketch in it . Iv wrote to SI and see what happens . Cant wait to see what the redemption is . Anyone know what artists are by redemption ?

The monoide is the only one that Nick did so makes it a bit more special and made me even happier.

cheers

Posts: 56 | Location: Sunny Scotland | Registered: August 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
Nice Cards,and Welcome to Card Talk from Sunny Florida!! Wave

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
Nice cards. Clap

And welcome to the board from overcast Yorkshire, my friend!!!

As a matter of interest, has anyone pulled a Peter Davison auto card yet please? Confused

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dalekfan,

Posts: 449 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alex Krycek
posted Hide Post
I never got a Davison in any of my trilogy or monochrome trilogy sets.

Posts: 56 | Location: Sunny Scotland | Registered: August 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
From what I know and seen so far, no such auto has surfaced yet. Maybe Barrie would like to clarify whether this auto was ever inserted into the set at all.

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
My own educated guess is that the 2nd Trilogy set is a repository for "overflow" auto cards, and that because the Davison was a rare one with limited numbers, then there were none left from the 1st Trilogy set to carry over to this one...I could be completely wrong though!!!

I can't complain, as I got 2 Davison autos from my case of 1st Trilogy, when the odds were 1 to as case (if you were lucky!).

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Opened 4 boxes.
Got 3 sketches, 1 sketch redemption card and 4 autos.
All 3 sketches by Rowena Pagarigan. If anyone can identify the characters, I would appreciate it.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
I'd say you got your moneys worth. Thumb Up

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
BTW, there's no way to tell whether the autos or sketches came from the monochrome set or the Companions/Doctors/Villians set. Unless the sketch artist has dated it for this year.

Picture of Alex Krycek
posted Hide Post
Hve no idea who the first two are but the third is a mutant from The Mutants .

Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
quote:
BTW, there's no way to tell whether the autos or sketches came from the monochrome set or the Companions/Doctors/Villians set. Unless the sketch artist has dated it for this year.

As some of the original cards are used for the 2nd edition and some of the first set card redemptions were made in 2007 there is no way of knowing from which set they are from unless there is a picture of them on the web site or the artist has said which release they are for.

Posts: 301 | Location: redcar,UK | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post