Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Doctor Who Trilogy 2nd Edition Monochrome

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4026073384/m/6061022342

November 21, 2007, 04:20 AM
Dalekfan
Doctor Who Trilogy 2nd Edition Monochrome
Might be worth a chat with Barrie at SI, Glim. As you say, the odds state you should've done far better.

No harm in trying anyway... Thumb Up
December 07, 2007, 09:37 AM
sittin9duck
Got two boxes

box 44 sketch Jamie By Nick Neocleous
auto Nicholas Courtney

box 45 sketch 4th Doctor By Nick Neocleous
auto Terrance Dicks

I am very pleased with the two exellent colour sketches I got.

December 08, 2007, 06:41 AM
Dalekfan
Nice pulls. Clap

I have box 46 (the next in the run) unopened at home, so I wonder what that one will produce?? Shake Head
December 08, 2007, 07:03 AM
sittin9duck
Glim pulled a costume card from box 37 which would of been the first box of the case and there are useually only 1 to 3 per case. So hopefully you will get a nice sketch. Thumb Up
December 09, 2007, 06:25 AM
Dalekfan
quote:
Originally posted by sittin9duck:
Glim pulled a costume card from box 37 which would of been the first box of the case and there are useually only 1 to 3 per case. So hopefully you will get a nice sketch. Thumb Up

Thanks for your positive vibes! Thumb Up I'll post the outcome on here once I've opened the box (I'm keeping it for a rainy day).
December 10, 2007, 10:02 AM
Dalekfan
Did anyone on here please open box numbers 048, 057 or 060, and if so what sketches (if any) were pulled?

A long shot I know... Shake Head
December 19, 2007, 04:09 AM
Dalekfan
Box 939 has produced a Louise Jameson auto plus this gold-inked sketch of Sylvester McCoy by Kevin Graham; by a stroke of luck I already had in my collection the original sample sketch done by the artist for this card, so they make a nice display together:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dalekfan,
December 26, 2007, 02:37 PM
Card Dude
Box 539.

A Caroline John autograph card and this beauty...

Smile

December 28, 2007, 05:46 AM
Dalekfan
Nice one by Carolyn Edwards. Clap

I opened box 046 for Christmas, and got a Lalla Ward auto plus this Nik sketch:

January 02, 2008, 05:43 AM
Dalekfan
Box 043 has produce a nice colour sketch of Tom Baker by Nik (picture below), which means that (thanks to Sitting9duck's earlier post) we know that boxes 043, 044, 045 and 046 all produced a full colour sketch by Nik!!! Elephant

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dalekfan,
January 11, 2008, 09:46 AM
Cardz_house
My 2 sketch redemptions arrived and my, how beautiful are they!!!

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

January 11, 2008, 02:15 PM
Triple-Frog
Very jealous of those.I had 6 redemptions in my case of 12 boxes and had high hopes for some nice sketches.

Sadly I only got one colour Tom Baker by Nik that I would put in the same class as yours.

I was told all the redemptions were for Tom Hodges cards of which I got 4.
January 12, 2008, 01:16 AM
Cardz_house
I think my cards were different could be due to a special situation I faced. I had my redemption cards sent off around Oct but due to the postal strike, I guess it went lost and didn't get sent to Barrie. I sent it registered so I have proof of it. Barrie was helpful and offered to send me the 2 cards even though the redemptions were lost. Then come the x'mas period and yearboxes packing and I think by then, could be that the hodges sketches were all redeemed so in keeping with his promise to me, he sent me 2 cards which I assumed were destined for the yearboxes (esp that Hack sketch).

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

September 25, 2008, 08:48 AM
sittin9duck
Opened three boxes of monochrone today.

box 129 Ram sketch, Lalla Ward auto
box 392 Hines costume, Nicola Bryant auto
box 393 Blue print, Walter Howarth auto

September 25, 2008, 08:58 AM
Boldlygone
A very fine sketch card. But what exactly is it a sketch of?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender
September 25, 2008, 09:00 AM
sittin9duck
It's a Vervoid from the 6th Dr story Terror of the Vervoids.
September 25, 2008, 09:25 AM
Boldlygone
Thankyou

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender
September 25, 2008, 09:25 AM
Dalekfan
quote:
Originally posted by sittin9duck:
It's a Vervoid from the 6th Dr story Terror of the Vervoids.

Which in turn was broadcast under the story title, "The Trial of a Time Lord".

Nice sketch. Metal
April 13, 2010, 02:29 PM
Triple-Frog