Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Doctor Who Trilogy 2nd Edition Monochrome
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Doctor Who Trilogy 2nd Edition Monochrome
 Login/Join

Picture of Alex Krycek
posted Hide Post
Oh I c . Sorry for the mix up .

Do you know where the others are ?

Would love to have one myself.

Posts: 56 | Location: Sunny Scotland | Registered: August 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
Mabbott did roughly 20-25 but not all of them were used as the quality was a little ropey. The scans are on my other computer I will post them when I get it back up and running.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
Got my box & Binder this morning.
Pulled a Michael Jayston auto
AND......

I finally got a NIK Dance

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
That's a nice sketch. Well done!! Clap

Posts: 449 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
That's a great sketch Boldlygone.

Thumb Up

I am more than a tiny bit jealous.

Congratulations.

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
congrats

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
My box should hopefully be arriving soon. I can't wait to break it open!

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
I thought that was the job of the USPO Eek

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alex Krycek
posted Hide Post
Nice card . Really like when NIk colours the background . Adds more depth to the card .

Posts: 56 | Location: Sunny Scotland | Registered: August 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
The trouble taken in colouring the hat band is a lovely touch too.

Posts: 449 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Just opened the other three boxes of my case after much internal debating Confused .

The boxes seem to be selling for about 50% more than I paid for them but the chance of getting a great sketch are so good I was willing to risk pulling a costume Smile .

The auto's I got were Nicola Bryant,Alexei Sayle and Caroline John.The sketches were three more redemption cards Confused .

This means that out of a 12 box case I got 4 Chris Henderson's Dance ,a Nik Neocleous,a Thomas Hodges and six Eek redemptions.

Interestingly in view of the post above my boxes were numbered 865 to 876.I think it's pretty clear that Barrie was running out of sketches in hand by the time the later boxes were packed Smile .

Hopefully he has had some nice ones come in now for me Big Grin .

Just had the 6 sketch cards back.A very nice colour by Nik of Tom Baker,a strange pencil of an alien I don't recognise by Rowena,and four IMO very ordinary Tom Hodges cards Frown .

I was fortunate not to get all six by Hodges as all the redemption cards are his Eek .I had put in a note detailing the artists I already had and asking for different ones if possible and either Barrie or Elisabeth managed to find the other two.

I really hope that there is a better distribution of each artist on the CSI releases.As a collector I want as many different styles of sketch as possible and to have only 4 artists out of the 19 listed as working on these cards within my case is very disappointing.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
Hack has just posted some of the 22 card he has done. They could be for redemptions or the year box. When so many redemptions were put in a case you would of thought they would of had more artists to give out. The spread of artists in the monochrome cases has been very poor. I had just 3 (1/4/6) some nice cards but none of the new artists and no colour cards.

A link to see the Hack sketches and also Victor's

http://www.drwhocollector.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6691&whichpage=9

Posts: 301 | Location: redcar,UK | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
Wow, Hack's sketches are amazing!!! For my case, I got 3 redemption cards and have sent in 2 first more than a month ago. Keeping my fingers crossed that some nice sketches will be in the mail to me.

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
I got my box in about a week ago and finally have the time to post a breakdown.

Got the usual set plus another about 60 cards short of completion. As per usual, no F12 card.

I got a Nicholas Courtney autograph and, appropriately, a Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart sketch by Chris Henderson. Overall I'm very pleased. I got a sketch (my first) instead of a costume card and the synchronicity with the autograph couldn't have been better. I'm guessing it wasn't an accident. ;-)

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sittin9duck:
Hack has just posted some of the 22 card he has done. They could be for redemptions or the year box. When so many redemptions were put in a case you would of thought they would of had more artists to give out. The spread of artists in the monochrome cases has been very poor. I had just 3 (1/4/6) some nice cards but none of the new artists and no colour cards.

A link to see the Hack sketches and also Victor's

http://www.drwhocollector.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6691&whichpage=9

Hello there.

My own experience does not concur with your comments regarding poor spread: my case had 10 sketches with 6 different artists, all were different subject matter. 6 of the cards were colour.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dalekfan,

Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheUberBob:
I got my box in about a week ago and finally have the time to post a breakdown.

Got the usual set plus another about 60 cards short of completion. As per usual, no F12 card.

I got a Nicholas Courtney autograph and, appropriately, a Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart sketch by Chris Henderson. Overall I'm very pleased. I got a sketch (my first) instead of a costume card and the synchronicity with the autograph couldn't have been better. I'm guessing it wasn't an accident. ;-)

-Bob-

It could be just a coincidence, but it's serendipity, certainly. Very well done!!! Clap

posted Hide Post
After an email mix up, I finally got a couple of boxes (034,035) a few weeks ago and pulled a Nicholas Courtney and a David Troughton auto and the following:

So I thought, hey those are the breaks, and tried one more box (037). I got a Caroline John auto and the following:

I think fate is telling me I will never pull a Dr. Who Sketch... Frown

Posts: 275 | Location: California | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
That's actually kind of cool inasmuch as all three cards have swatched from different parts of the costume and, thus, have different patterns.

Just trying to find a silver lining for ya. :-)

-Bob-

posted Hide Post
Ow, three costume cards... painful.

I decided on Saturday in Manchester to go for another box, I was dreading the feared costume card but lady luck was on my side and I pulled this little beauty...

A Tom Baker, luckily both a Doctor and an artist that I did not have in my collection. Autograph was Lalla Ward and the box number was 537.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jaseb,

Posts: 277 | Location: Hell, England | Registered: December 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheUberBob:
That's actually kind of cool inasmuch as all three cards have swatched from different parts of the costume and, thus, have different patterns.

Just trying to find a silver lining for ya. :-)

-Bob-

Thanks, but considering there were supposed to sketches 9 out of 10 boxes, getting 3 of the same costumes is quite frustrating.

Posts: 275 | Location: California | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post