Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Doctor Who Trilogy 2nd Edition Monochrome
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Doctor Who Trilogy 2nd Edition Monochrome
 Login/Join
 
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
My box & binder came this morning.

Very disappointed not to get a sketch card. Frown
I'll admire others as they are posted.

On the plus side I like the binder a lot and now is where I keep all my Dr Who inserts, promos, autos, costume & sketch cards. Probably the coolest Who binder so far. The base set is a nice twist too.

Thanks Barrie & Elisabeth.

____________________
Any airsofters out there ?
 
Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hey Justm Smile
Email Strictlyink and tell them you did not get a sketch...... I thinks it one Sketch per box but then again I could be wrong.....
There's no harm in trying, they might send you one in the post!!!!!

KADRAN00157
 
Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KADRAN00157:
Hey Justm Smile
Email Strictlyink and tell them you did not get a sketch...... I thinks it one Sketch per box but then again I could be wrong.....
There's no harm in trying, they might send you one in the post!!!!!

KADRAN00157


It's a sketch card or a costume card per box. I assume justm got a costume card.
 
Posts: 3189 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alex Krycek:
Hve no idea who the first two are but the third is a mutant from The Mutants .


Thanks.
 
Posts: 3189 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
quote:
Originally posted by KADRAN00157:
Hey Justm Smile
Email Strictlyink and tell them you did not get a sketch...... I thinks it one Sketch per box but then again I could be wrong.....
There's no harm in trying, they might send you one in the post!!!!!

KADRAN00157


It's a sketch card or a costume card per box. I assume justm got a costume card.


Yep, got a costume card, but those are the breaks. Some you win big (see my last entry in 'Who says buying loose packs from an open box...') & some you win small - either way you still win. I would have liked a sketch card of course, but I knew it was one or the other when I made my purchase. As I said before, this set has other bonuses. I got box 010 out of 999 which has a nice symmetry about it. It's a limited issue with a great binder. I'd be much more unhappy if I'd missed out completely.

If anyone feels that they've got too many sketch cards though, feel free to send them to me! Razz

____________________
Any airsofters out there ?
 
Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
Sorry you got what you didn't want. Frown

____________________
You're not afraid of the dark are you?
 
Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Alex Krycek
posted Hide Post
Really is a spot of bad luck you had . I only got one in my whole case .
 
Posts: 56 | Location: Sunny Scotland | Registered: August 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justm:
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
quote:
Originally posted by KADRAN00157:
Hey Justm Smile
Email Strictlyink and tell them you did not get a sketch...... I thinks it one Sketch per box but then again I could be wrong.....
There's no harm in trying, they might send you one in the post!!!!!

KADRAN00157


It's a sketch card or a costume card per box. I assume justm got a costume card.


Yep, got a costume card, but those are the breaks. Some you win big (see my last entry in 'Who says buying loose packs from an open box...') & some you win small - either way you still win. I would have liked a sketch card of course, but I knew it was one or the other when I made my purchase. As I said before, this set has other bonuses. I got box 010 out of 999 which has a nice symmetry about it. It's a limited issue with a great binder. I'd be much more unhappy if I'd missed out completely.

If anyone feels that they've got too many sketch cards though, feel free to send them to me! Razz


Justm

I bought just one box #007. It had just a costume card too. It will be interesting if other people come forward with a costume card and a low box number. It may be that we were just unlucky. The binder is real nice, I must agree.
 
Posts: 1774 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
Thumb Up

____________________
You're not afraid of the dark are you?
 
Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just opened the other three boxes of my case after much internal debating Confused .

The boxes seem to be selling for about 50% more than I paid for them but the chance of getting a great sketch are so good I was willing to risk pulling a costume Smile .

The auto's I got were Nicola Bryant,Alexei Sayle and Caroline John.The sketches were three more redemption cards Confused .

This means that out of a 12 box case I got 4 Chris Henderson's Dance ,a Nik Neocleous,a Thomas Hodges and six Eek redemptions.

Interestingly in view of the post above my boxes were numbered 865 to 876.I think it's pretty clear that Barrie was running out of sketches in hand by the time the later boxes were packed Smile .

Hopefully he has had some nice ones come in now for me Big Grin .
 
Posts: 2500 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of cardster
posted Hide Post
Bought a box. Got the Walt Howarth auto and a sketch card. The card is even better and more detailed than in the scan. Really happy with it. If anyone knows the name of the character that would be very helpful. Thanks

 
Posts: 473 | Location: UK | Registered: April 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post



Member
posted Hide Post
Perhaps I've missed this in earlier postings but I was confused by having sketches in boxes and redemption cards for sketches, why exactly was this done?
 
Posts: 121 | Location: London | Registered: July 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Alex Krycek
posted Hide Post
Redemptions were issued as some artist hadnt completed there sketches in time for the release I would imagine .

The sketch is of a sensorite from The Sensorite story , feturing the first doctor .
 
Posts: 56 | Location: Sunny Scotland | Registered: August 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of cardster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alex Krycek:
The sketch is of a sensorite from The Sensorite story , feturing the first doctor .


Thanks !!! Smile
 
Posts: 473 | Location: UK | Registered: April 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
Absolutely chuffed to bits with my case breakdown. 10 sketches, plus one costume card and one blueprint card. A good mix of sketches too, and some colour ones.The TARDIS sketch in blue and black is by Carolyn Edwards, and I haven't seen her do one in that style before (it's done in coloured pencil), but love it to bits. Couldn't honestly have asked for better than these:



And my favourite: a colour sketch of Eldrad from The Hand of Fear:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dalekfan,
 
Posts: 449 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
Sweet cards! Big Grin

____________________
You're not afraid of the dark are you?
 
Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Alex Krycek
posted Hide Post
Really nice pulls . One of Howarths best sketches from the set I would say ( 1st doctor one)


Personally really like the cyberman and the doctors outline.
 
Posts: 56 | Location: Sunny Scotland | Registered: August 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Nice sketches Dalekfan!
Thumb Up



When I see the great sketches here, makes me wish I'd got one in my box. There I go feeling sorry for myself again.

____________________
Any airsofters out there ?
 
Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
great sketches

____________________
www.de-predikanten.be

A belgian hiphop group
 
Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I received my box and binder today, it was box 005 and I had the Sketch as below.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

____________________
 
Posts: 1903 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5 6  
 

Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Doctor Who Trilogy 2nd Edition Monochrome

© Non-Sport Update 2013