Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Ink Archives (Razor Entertainment)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ink Archives (Razor Entertainment)
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Streich:
As I may have mentioned before, with 17,940 autos in this release, it strikes me that Inkworks could have been slightly more generous than "one auto per box".

Don't forget a lot of them are unclaimed redemption cards they where holding back like Hellboy, some of the firefly, looney tunes, etc..[/QUOTE]

Right, but it is a lot of autograph cards and most of those redemptions were way beyond their expiration dates. Seeing how this product is shaping up, it does strike me that Inkworks really missed an opportunity here.

What was the point of sitting on so much product? Good customer service at what cost? Topps and UD have found ways to unload portions of their vaults. In hindsight, which is always 20/20, Inkworks would have be better off doing the same before it turned into a fire sale.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Streich:
As I may have mentioned before, with 17,940 autos in this release, it strikes me that Inkworks could have been slightly more generous than "one auto per box".

Don't forget a lot of them are unclaimed redemption cards they where holding back like Hellboy, some of the firefly, looney tunes, etc..

Right, but it is a lot of autograph cards and most of those redemptions were way beyond their expiration dates. Seeing how this product is shaping up, it does strike me that Inkworks really missed an opportunity here.

What was the point of sitting on so much product? Good customer service at what cost? Topps and UD have found ways to unload portions of their vaults. In hindsight, which is always 20/20, Inkworks would have be better off doing the same before it turned into a fire sale.[/QUOTE]

Let us not forget the countless top notch autos that they sold before the product came out...and the thought that there could be a 2nd release. Eek

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Andrew H.
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I do wonder what would have happened if Inkworks had released their own vault product... It *might* have kept them in business. Maybe.

http://www.whodidthewhatnow.com

Posts: 66 | Location: Lodi, NY | Registered: June 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew H.:
Yeah, I do wonder what would have happened if Inkworks had released their own vault product... It *might* have kept them in business. Maybe.

The uproar that would have caused ....

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Andrew H.
posted Hide Post
Not really. I mean, consider that a lot of these would have or could have been stuff for outdated redemptions. People couldn't argue that. So what if they had a bunch of Firefly autographs left over? They weren't redeemed and/or they were replacements for defective ones.

I don't expect to redeem a redemption if it's past due. I know Inkworks was good about it, but still... Thems the breaks.

Posts: 66 | Location: Lodi, NY | Registered: June 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew H.:
Not really. I mean, consider that a lot of these would have or could have been stuff for outdated redemptions. People couldn't argue that. So what if they had a bunch of Firefly autographs left over? They weren't redeemed and/or they were replacements for defective ones.

I don't expect to redeem a redemption if it's past due. I know Inkworks was good about it, but still... Thems the breaks.

You should find and read the thread that reported Inkworks going out of business.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I think something that should also be considered is that Inkworks had a retail operation, Cards Direct. Clearly inventory of cards were held to fulfull orders placed on the website, which would be in addition to cards held for replacement and unredeemed redemption cards.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Andrew H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
You should find and read the thread that reported Inkworks going out of business.

Was it that bad? hehe

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
Bought one pack - Faith Ford from Family Guy. Actually made me happy, because I loved Faith Ford on Murphy Brown. Smile

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I opened 3 packs my pulls were:
Dorian Gregory: Charmed Conversations A2
Jeffrey Jones: Sleepy Hollow A3
Sharon Osborne: the Osbornes A2 Metal
Very Happy with all 3 pulls.

Posts: 193 | Location: Ca | Registered: June 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Got my first box together with my Philly promos. Thanks Ed.

Lost:A11 Byron Chung as Mr Paik
Angel:A26 David Denman as Skip
Smallville:A3 Eric Johnson as Whitney Fordman
Andromeda:A3 Lexa Doig as Andromeda Ascendant
The Sopranos:A-AD Jamie-Lynn Discala as Meadow Soprano

Nothing high-end but the product is great. Love the card holders.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
Just got a box in the mail off an eBay buy. I feel, for some reason, I should make an event out of this. I thought about opening a pack a day and posting about it, but I think I'll just do a pack at a time.

Pack #1:

Catwoman

A-4 Kim Smith as Drina

Okay, less than exciting. Not a great start, but I'm not expecting a huge pull. I just hope to get a couple of nice mid-range cards or at least some autos from sets I'm collecting, even if they aren't big names. As long as I need it I'll be happy.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
Pack #2:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 5

A-24 Kelly Donovan as Xander's double

LOL, I actually used to own one of these. I pack pulled the redemption from some loose packs I bought at an inventory clearance sale at a local comic store. I eventually sold it on eBay since I wasn't collecting Buffy. I wish I'd had sent in more redemptions when I had the chance...

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
Pack #3

Smallville Season 6

A-51 Greyston Holt as Tobias

Eh, not a series I'm collecting and not a character I know anyway (or an actor I'm familiar with either). Possible trade bait?

-Bob-

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
Pack #4

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 4

A-20 Mercedes McNab as Harmony

Finally! Someone I know! Don't know if the card is worth anything, but I'm at least familiar with the actor and the character. Two Buffy cards in one box. Huh. For those wondering, I don't know if there are variants but here name is signed simply as "Mercedes". Looking at auctions, it seemed like she signed her full name for the Angel and Spike cards she did but some of those signatures are a bit sloppy. This one is very neat and legible.

-Bob-

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TheUberBob,

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
Pack #5

Firefly

A-10 Christina Hendricks as Saffron

Oh, snap! For good luck I scrunched my eyes closed really good as I opened the pack so I wouldn't see what series the card was from as I was opening it. I'm very pleased with this card. I'm a Firefly fan and don't have any of the autographs from this set. I've been watching several of them on eBay and this card is still doing consistently well, almost as well as the main cast cards. I'm well pleased!

-Bob-

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
Just for giggles, I went ahead and looked up completed auctions on eBay for all the cards I got. I took the average of cards that actually sold to come up with a value and here's what I got:

Grayston Holt: $3.75
Kim Smith: $4.25
Kelly Donovan: $16.43
Christina Hendricks: $28.34
Mercedes McNab: can't find any auctions for the Buffy card, but her others average out to $25.51

That totals out to $78.28, which is roughly what I paid for the box (I think with postage it was a couple of dollars more) so I roughly broke even. I'm just very pleased with the Firefly autograph so I don't really care about the anything else. It was fun opening the packs and posting this stuff.

I must also say I think I like the magnetic holders that Razor used for the cards. They seem pretty snug in there without the worries of screwdowns. Also, you can have fun with the polarities of the magnets on the different cases...

-Bob-

Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
Good day everyone,

I picked up a box on Friday, and here's my breakdown:
X-Files Connections A-3 Mimi Rogers
The 4400 A-16 Robert Picardo
Smallville A34 Trent Ford
Charmed Destiny A-5 Rebecca Balding
Sopranos A-PS Paul Schulze

I was quite pleased to pull the Mimi Rogers card as I didn't have that one yet. I haven't collected any Sopranos or 4400 cards, but it was nice to recognize the actors on them. I already had the Smallville card.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
smallville A53 amber mcdonald
AVP a6 ian whyte
Buffy A30 Dean Butler
4400 a17 jeffrey combs
alias a30 peggy lipton
my favorite one is the jeffrey combs bc of his work in the reanimator trilogy but i already had it

Posts: 230 | Location: pa | Registered: March 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Got my first box together with my Philly promos. Thanks Ed.

Lost:A11 Byron Chung as Mr Paik
Angel:A26 David Denman as Skip
Smallville:A3 Eric Johnson as Whitney Fordman
Andromeda:A3 Lexa Doig as Andromeda Ascendant
The Sopranos:A-AD Jamie-Lynn Discala as Meadow Soprano

Nothing high-end but the product is great. Love the card holders.

I was hoping you were going to get the 4400 auto I needed Big Grin

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post