Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Parks and Recreation (Press Pass, 2013)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Parks and Recreation (Press Pass, 2013)
 Login/Join

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted
Picked up a box today - here's what I got:
1 set 90 cards, plus 3 extras
24 Foil Parrallels

1 Relic - RAA Aziz Ansari Suit 48/99

2 autographs
Retta as Donna Meagle
Mo Collins as Joan Callamezzo 46/96

The cards are nice, and I like the Mo Collins auto best, I remember her from Mad TV. She signed her card "Mo Collins, Pawnee's own "Joan" XO
The Retta auto just had her name.
Was sorry I didn't get Ron Swanson's auto, my kids say he is the TV character most like me.

I was surprised there were no other inserts, Press Pass racing sets always feature 3 levels of foil inserts. Missed opportunity here, Quotes from the show, Run ins with Animals, lots of fun, quirky stuff from this show, instead, "let's do a lame set of foil parrallels, everyone loves parrallels!".

Despite that, happy Press Pass came out with these, let's see more P&R!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
You did good with the inscription autograph, Don. A fellow who broke down quite a few cases told me the inscribed ones seem to come only one per case. It is unusual there isn't some sort of "base" insert set, but with the foil parallels, the autograph variations, and single, dual, and triple costumes, it's still a good variety of possibilities in each box.

I was able to get 3 of the autographs I really wanted: Paul Rudd, Megan Mullaly, and Fred Armisen for about $47, delivered, less than the cost of one box, so I'm already loving this release.

I have four boxes coming and will post my results here. I'm hoping for Amy Poehler, Rob Lowe, and Nick Offerman (Ron Swanson) myself, and would be over the moon if any are inscribed from any character. I love the show, so I get all of the phrases the actors have used on the cards instantly. I know 2 of the 29 inscribed Ron Swansons (see the NSU blog for a cool story on them) have been found already, and a few more besides that, I have no doubt. Not all of these will hit Ebay, I think.

I'll be back with my break as soon as I can.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
Is there a checklist for this set somewhere? I need one mostly because I'm confused by the multiple levels of autograph and costume cards. I've never collected a set like that before.

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The costumes are the regular silver (referring to the foil on the card) which are unnumbered and then there are singles, dual, and triple costumes which have different colored foil and are numbered to 25, 50, or 99. I believe the Double and Triple costumes come in ONLY the numbered versions, so the only unnumbered costume cards are the silver foil singles.

The rare autograph level is Red Foil and those are numbered to 25.
The Gold foil autograph level was supposed to by 99 for each actor I think, but on a few of them it's a bit lower, but still in the 90s, with the exception of series star Amy Poehler which is numbered only to the 40s, for whatever reason. I believe that would be the rarest numbered autograph card.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
Have from my case break. All cards pictured are available for Trade (See trade post)

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Interesting that the Paul Rudd card is numbered "PR2" which probably means there was another intended signer for this set with those same initials, possibly Pamela Reed who plays Leslie Knope's mother, Marlene, on the show.
If that's the case, but for whatever reason, she didn't sign for this series, it would explain the oddity of Paul Rudd card with the number 2 after his initials.

Picture of prospect5k
posted Hide Post
Box 1
Megan Mullally as Tammy auto
Jim O'Heir as Jerry auto
Ben Wyatt Shirt/Tie 23/25

Box 2
Megan Mullally as Tammy auto
Rob Lowe as Chris auto
Tom Haverford Shirt/Jacket 08/99

Box 3
Jay Jackson as Perd auto
Jim O'Heir as Jerry auto
April Hoodie 24/25

Posts: 414 | Location: Waterford, MI USA | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Interesting that the Paul Rudd card is numbered "PR2" which probably means there was another intended signer for this set with those same initials, possibly Pamela Reed who plays Leslie Knope's mother, Marlene, on the show.
If that's the case, but for whatever reason, she didn't sign for this series, it would explain the oddity of Paul Rudd card with the number 2 after his initials.

Or it means that he signed two different versions of autograph cards, and they inserted PR2 instead of PR1 into this release.

Posts: 109 | Location: Ormond Beach, FL | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, perhaps sort of like with Games of Thrones and the full bleed autographs of the very limited signers being released in series 2 after the border only ones were released in Series 1. It seems likely those cards would've all been signed at the same time. So it could be that the cards of the signers in series 1 who re-appear in the next series of Parks and Rec cards will all have a 2 after their initials, except for Paul Rudd (if all of this is right.)

As for my break of four boxes, I got none of the main "starring" cast autographs but was happy to get a Paul Rudd from the guest stars. Eight autographs total, all different, two numbered out of 99 approx.

I got 8 of the 13 autographs in the set, so missing only 5, it's easier to say who I didn't get:

Leslie
Ron
April
Tom
Chris

Would've liked at least one of those out of four boxes, but eh, I'm still happy with what I got, and it's not an unusual break by any means compared to others I've seen.

There were 4 different character single swatch relics as promised, and the boxes collate to make a base set perfectly with only a couple of doubles. Haven't sorted my silver yet, but would be very pleased if I could make a set of 72 with the 96 I have, and not disappointed if I can't.

The cards are nicely designed, and I thank Press Pass for them. I hope they'll do another series of P&R and for more shows, besides. I'd like to sets for Community, Justified, Homeland, Arrested Development, Saturday Night Live, a Twin Peaks retrospective, and/or a Simpsons set in the future, and with this set, they've shown they could do any of them well.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Mouseketeer:
Is there a checklist for this set somewhere? I need one mostly because I'm confused by the multiple levels of autograph and costume cards. I've never collected a set like that before.

They posted it right after I gave up waiting for them. Wink http://www.presspassinc.com/up...recreation_e1325.pdf

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I sorted my silver foil base card parallels from the 4 boxes I got. Those are one per pack, so I had 96 in all to work with and much to my surprise, I made the complete set of 90 with just the 6 doubles left over, so that was a nice surprise.

My luck can't be that good. It's more likely these foil cards come in four different sequences and I did luck out to get all four different ones which allowed me to complete the set even though I had so few to spare. If this is true with the four sequences, it means the base foil parallels are 3 sets per case. The base sets are 12 per case (they are also perfectly collated at one set per box with just 3 doubles left over), so the foil sets are produced at a rate of 1 for every 4 base sets, or 25% of the regular base set production run.

Impressive collation to say the least.

posted Hide Post
5 boxes for me:

Autos:

Paul Rudd red foil 1/25
Parker Posey gold foil 22/99
Amy Poehler red ink (according to checklist print run of just 26)
Nick Offerman red ink (checklist says print run of 55)
Aziz Ansari red ink (print run of 148)
Aubrey Plaza
Jim O'Heir x2
Megan Mullaly x2

Memorabilia:

Adam Scott gold foil dual shirt/tie 47/50
Amy Poehler gold foil 88/99
Rob Lowe
Aziz Ansari
Nick Offerman

didn't sort the silver parallels of the base set- sold them off with the extra base to my "commons" guy.

Dave

Posts: 79 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
You did GREAT on the autographs, congrats!
I've seen whole cases that didn't have as much goodness as your five boxes.
Well played!

posted Hide Post
so leave the other boxes from the case alone you think? all downhill from the first ones?

Dave

Posts: 79 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't know, maybe you have some sort of hidden "Archive" type case that'll have still more superb autograph variations, maybe even an inscription.

Short of that and it's a "regular" (albeit lucky!) case, I can't imagine that the other seven boxes wouldn't hold a pretty healthy concentration of the more common autographs that you didn't get, based on what's been pulled.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I finally opened up my Parks and Recreation case:

Inscriptions:
Nick Offerman base auto "Rasp"
Jim O'Heir gold auto 78/90 "Dammit Jerry"

Rarer autos
Paul Rudd Base with Red Pen
Retta red auto 21/25
Rob Lowe gold auto 13/95
Fred Armisen gold auto 13/94
Aziz Ansari gold auto 31/99 with red pen
Aubrey Plaza gold auto 10/99

Base autos
Mo Collins (x2)
Jay Jackson (x3)
Fred Armisen
Aubrey Plaza
Parker Posey (x2)
Nick Offerman
Megan Mullally (x2)
Paul Rudd (blue ink)
Jim O'Heir (x2)
Retta

Relics
base:
R-AA
R-AP2 (x2)
R1-AP
R-NO
R2-AP (x2)
R2-RL

gold relics:
R-RL gold 3/99
R-AS gold 5/50
R-CP gold 76/99

gold dual relics:
RD-AA gold 23/99

For those of you who want to see the cards:
PREX Autos 1
PREX Autos 2
PREX Autos 3
PREX Costumes 1
PREX Costumes 2

I had a great time opening this case- I thought that it was extremely loaded for a release. I was kind of bummed not to get a Poehler auto, but I am very happy with my Jerry and Ron inscriptions.

All the duplicates are available for trade. I'm hoping to get my trade thread updated soon, so email me if you are interested in any of the autos before I get the thread up.

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the inscriptions, two is pretty great, especially one from Ron Swanson.
I tried to buy the Christian Becksvoort version on Ebay the other day, but had to quit at $140, and I think two people finished above me even with that bid. I also saw a "Dammit, Jerry" just sell for $100, so they both have nice value.

posted Hide Post
Fantastic break. I just sent an email about the Jim O'Heir inscription card. He is one of only 2 inscription cards I still need to complete the inscription set. I also need a Paul Rudd inscription card. Hopefully I can get these 2 so I can finally post pics of this really hard to complete set.

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Which Swanson do you have?
Any of the Rudds would be great, but I think the funniest ones are "Wanna Play Bowling?", "Let's Get a Mall on Jupiter", and "Bobby Rudd as Paul Newport".
Good luck on those last two inscriptions, that will be some set!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

posted Hide Post
I have lil' Sebastian as my Swanson inscription. I am having lots of trouble getting the last 2. Thanks for the good wishes. I will certainly need it. Can't believe I found a Lowe inscription.

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post