Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Bettie Page: The Private Collection (Versicolor)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bettie Page: The Private Collection (Versicolor)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted
My order arrived today and I must say this is a really beautiful product. The 50 card base set comes in a very attractive tin. If you thought the Vampirella base set was nice, wait till you get you sweaty little hands on these babies. Each boxed set comes with a checklist, a sketch card,the base set, and an oversized order card, which doesn't fit well in the box and tends to get dinged up. Every other box contains a random insert card. As I've already said the base set is to die for. The card backs contain some info on Bettie Page, as well as the name of the artist who did that base card.
Here are my pulls from 30 boxed sets:
28 Regular Sketch Cards
02 Double Sided Sketch Cards
03 Artist Signature Cards
02 Promo Set Redemption Cards Elephant
01 Tribute Card
01 Embossed Card
01 Clear Card
03 F1 Foil Cards
02 F2 Foil Cards

I know you really don't want to read anymore, but you'd rather see the goods so here goes.

Trev Murphy, Tim Shay, Mark McHaley
Luke Ellison, Scott Barnett, Sean Pence
Kristin Allen, Elaine Perna, Bob Stevlic

Tony Fleecs, Russ Platt, Rich Mollinelli
Max, Potratz & Hai, Remy "Eisu" Mokhtar
Jomar Bulda, Jose Carlo Mendoza, Dennis Budd

Nicholas Valente, DS Shane McCormack, DS Don Pedicini Jr.
Jack Redd, Jessica Hickman, Nicholas Valente
Brian Smith, Manny Mederos, Nick Neocleous

Jose Jaro, Shane McCormack, Mark McHaley

The other inserts

Again, I love this product as the quality is top-notch. I'm not sure how this will do on the market, as it's for mature audiences, which gives you a smaller pool of buyers, and it's all Betty Page, so while the Vampirella set had many other characters, this one is Betty Page and Betty Page alone.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Arvin Sloane,

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
One Tin

Sketch by Jenny Frison

Artist Auto card - Russ Platt

Not in Tin but my Philly card by Elaine Perna

Lovely set of base cards as well Thumb Up

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Got my 3 tins today.

Manny Mederos

Geri Centonze

Jennifer Mercer Luv You

Clear card C1 with art by Matthew Humphreys

Promos set redemption card.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the promo card Raj. Clap

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Great pull Raj Thumb Up

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Wow, you guys have some great cards. I especially like the Russ Platt and the Jack Redd mermaid sketches.
Those inserts are great too!
I opened one tin so far (from Ed at SciFi Cards) and all I got was this crummy Charles Hall sketch card and this Ryan M. Kincaid autograph card:

I had to edit this and say I am OF COURSE just kidding with the 'crummy' remark!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
Received my three tins today
- thank you Ed

Here are my three tin's :

F2 foil card

Sara Richard

Jim Kyle

Katie Cook

extremely happy with my pulls !!!! :!:

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
1 box arrived from Versicolor today (thanks Billy!) and, in addition to the FOB promo card (NICE!) I got a C1 Clear Card (featuring art by Matthew Humphreys) and this sjetch by Al Ray (which features on the back of hs base card, #1!)

I'll be running a review on the next available episode of the podcast.
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got my 3 tins in and got these amazing sketches!

Veronica O'Connell, Scott Rorie, and Edward Cherniga.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: glim,

Posts: 275 | Location: California | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
You did very well with those three sketches Thumb Up .Billy did say elswhere that they had a shortfall in the number of sketches.Wonder if thats why the incentive sketch was in the one box.Hope my five boxes produce as good a result.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Glim - very nice pulls! Veronica O'connell and Edward Cherniga are two of my favorite artists!

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
yeah,love the Edward Cherniga Thumb Up

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just opened my five tins.In addition to the sketches I got both foil cards and the embossed card.

One sketch cannot be posted as the artist forgot to put any clothes on Bettie Big Grin .Can't decipher the signature but the initials look like M M.

The first two sketches are by Jerry Gatlord and Russ Platt but I can't read the signatures on the back of the other two.All help in identification appreciated.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The bottom right one is Francois Chartier.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Bottom left is by Rupam

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
My buddy Carl got his delivery of 40 tins the other day...so I strongarmed my way into halvsies. Eek

Veronica O'Connell

Jay Fife and Chris McJunkin

Rupam and Jon Hughes

Charles Holbert and Potratz/Hai

John Jackman and Frank Kadar

Jomar Bulda and Don Pedicini Jr.

Dennis Budd and Danielle Soloud (NSFW)

Chris Henderson and Kate Bradley

Tim Shay and Arie Monroe NSFW

Al Rio and Ed Cherniga

Celesta Krantz and Steve Oatney

Brian Shearer and Geri Centonze

Alex Buechel and Jomar Bulda

Nicholas Valente and Celesta Krantz

Russ Platt and Jenny Frison

Russ Platt and Jose Carlo Mendoza

Rhonda Havlock and Francois Chartier NSFW

Axebone and Jen Mercer

Otis Frampton and Elaine Perna

Jim Kyle and Jose Jaro

Richard Pace (whle nude, no visable "parts", if still objectionable, please delete this image)

Jim Kyle Dual Sided

Also got autos from Matthew Humphreys, John Jackman, Eden Bautista and Ray Lago.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
one tin

with
elaine perna sketch Smile

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
got my jam card this week
sketch was done on one of the promo sketch cards given out at the Philly show in the spring

Rhiannon Owens & Michael 'Axebone' Potter

and one showing the back of the sketch card

so excited to have this in my collection
and I still own one more blank promo sketch card Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hcbrewer,

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Curiosity over this set got the better of me, so I did a trade with a local dealer I know that netted me 8 boxes. In addition to the Wikowski auto card, I also pulled two F1 Foil Cards and a C1 Clear Card as inserts. I've edited a couple of the images so I can post them.

Uko Smith (6), Potratz and Hai (20), Grant Gould (6)
Richard Pace (10), Jeremy Treece (36), Kenneth Branch (6)
Francois Chartier (only double-sided sketch), Scott Rorie (10)

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Kevin, let me know if you're willing to give up that Bunny Bettie sketchcard. I'd e-mail you but there is no e-mail address in your profile. If you're not interested - I don't blame you!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post