Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Artbox)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Artbox)
 Login/Join

NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Just broke down a Retail box - Have some questions Smile Are the base cards in the Retail Box exactly the same as in the Hobby boxes and are the "R" foil cards the same too? I'm going to need to trade for ones I need and want to make sure I'm asking for the right things. Thanks!

Joanna
jkohlbus@comcast.net

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yup, the base cards and R cards are the same.

In the Potter verse, the only serious exception was the U.K. "retail" version of Prisoner of Azkaban, with the Cards Inc. logo.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Thank ye kindly sir Smile

I suppose, since this is the box breakdown forum, I should say that I broke down a box of GOF Retail and received

2 Complete Base sets
and 5 of the R cards.

You wanna hear something funny though? I broke the box down ONLY for the base set *lol* In a world where people break down cases for chase cards, I sat very quietly in the corner breaking down a box to get a base set, cause the binder I bought in San Diego looked so lonely Smile Yes. My name is Joanna. And I am weird.

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of jademaliburoad
posted Hide Post
I love the base sets as well. My first box of a series always takes me forever to open as I check carefully each card, read the front and back, drool on the design...

Posts: 1188 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of dmatsuda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Over_Worked_Mom:
You wanna hear something funny though? I broke the box down ONLY for the base set *lol* In a world where people break down cases for chase cards, I sat very quietly in the corner breaking down a box to get a base set, cause the binder I bought in San Diego looked so lonely Smile Yes. My name is Joanna. And I am weird.

I must be "weird" too... Big Grin

I've opened retail boxes for a base set (chase cards are always a bonus) for a couple of releases myself. Smile

Posts: 1446 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the club Wink

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I bought a box off Ebay to see if I could get a auto of one of the "big three". While it didn't happen, I am still pretty happy with my pulls:

BT3
Predrag Bjelac as Igor Karakoff
Hermione costume 288/300
R1,3,4,7,9

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ajdedo
posted Hide Post
Okay, Here's my first attempt at this series.

2 Boxes ->

Auto - Jeff Rawle as Amos Diggory
C14 - Karkaroff Yule Ball costume 519/800

Auto - Henry Lloyd-Hughes as Roger Davies
C9 - Neville's pajamas 321/900

Not sure what to think. Both Autos and both Costumes are Very Common. I probably won't get my money back, but it was fun.....

Now to move on to my POA boxes :-)

Posts: 146 | Location: Sunshine Coast, BC | Registered: April 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is my first open of the series:

R2,R4,R5,R6,R8
C4 - Viktor Krum 074/700
Auto - Professor Flitwick
BT1

Posts: 38 | Location: New Jersey, USA | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post