Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Charlie & the Chocolate Factory (Artbox)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charlie & the Chocolate Factory (Artbox)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
Saw the film, couldn't resist a box:
2 Complete Sets
1 Box Topper
5 Foil Cards
1 Costume Card: Mike Teavee (305/305)

Very pleased to get a 305/305 costume, its officially the last one made Smile

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Cool to get the first or last of a run Thumb Up

ps:card dude,did you ever get an email trade offer from me,I sent it a few weeks back? Wave

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spidergoblin:
Cool to get the first or last of a run Thumb Up

ps:card dude,did you ever get an email trade offer from me,I sent it a few weeks back? Wave

Yes I did! Smile
I've just got back from holiday and didn't check my trade email, I'll be replying to everyone today.

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
I've had sticky / smeared cards before in (I think) a Strictly Ink box of Dr Who cards. I contacted them and sent them the offending cards. They were really helpful and replaced the cards and sent me a couple of free autographs as well. Try contacting the manufacturer for some replacements.

I thought about buying a box of these but at the moment the prop cards are really cheap on ebay so rather than spend £40 on a box I would rather spend a tenner and get a card I like.

The chocolate bar wrapper cards are quite nice and I've bought one of the Wonka bar prop card too. Its a nice souvenir of a quite good film.

Which are the chocolate bar cards from the retail boxes, the golden ticket ones or the others ?

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RachelH
posted Hide Post
Yeah that wonka bar prop card was nice wasn't it!!! i'll be sad to see it go, but my lil sis wanted the money!!lol!!

Wave

RachelH
x x x x x

Posts: 325 | Location: Walsall UK | Registered: June 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
Was that your sisters card I bought then ? Smile If so I'll let you 'visit' it at the next toy fair or Mem Big Grin

I was given a casting of a whole Wonka bar (taken from a 'real' one),in resin, painted it would look great. But it looks exactly like the prop card section.

The golden ticket cards are the Retail boxes the remainder are from the Hobby boxes. I bought a retail card for about $3.50 so buying a box really isnt worth it just for the prop card alone.

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I finally purchased a box and broke it down today (Just found out it's a retail not Hobby box).
Got two complete base sets plus 4 extra cards.
5 Foil (1:5): M2,M4,M6, M8, M9.
Wonka Golden Ticket - Chilly Chocolate Creme Authentic Prop Card.

I was only exspecting 3 foil cards.

Posts: 569 | Location: Killeen, Tx, USA | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
Despite what it says on the cards (numbers wise) the Chilly Chocolate Creme seems to be the hardest to find. Confused

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Box 4160/6000
1 box 24 packs B
8 cards per pack A
box design B+
wrapper design B+
1 complete set A
Base set design B+
1 auto Deep Roy B
1 prop card Wrapper Paper 41/72 B Big Grin
4 foils B-
Insert ratios B-
boxtopper BT2 B

Overall B/B+
Very colorful set. Reduce the thick front border. It tends to crowd the image. Images colorful and clear. Got lucky and pulled a high dollar prop card. Packs were hard to open, but that is typical for Artbox.

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xtime:
Box 4160/6000
1 box 24 packs B
8 cards per pack A
box design B+
wrapper design B+
1 complete set A
Base set design B+
1 auto Deep Roy B
1 prop card Wrapper Paper 41/72 B Big Grin
4 foils B-
Insert ratios B-
boxtopper BT2 B

Overall B/B+
Very colorful set. Reduce the thick front border. It tends to crowd the image. Images colorful and clear. Got lucky and pulled a high dollar prop card. Packs were hard to open, but that is typical for Artbox.

Congratulations on the 'wrapper' card. There's some nice versions of this card which show the cartoons on the paper really nicely ! Smile

Picture of scott12
posted Hide Post
Just got a box today.
Base set : 1
Box Topper : #1
Foils : R2,R5,R6,R8,R9
Auto : Christopher Lee
Prop Card : Contest Announcement Poster #022/490

Posts: 111 | Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: December 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hyperion
posted Hide Post
My box-breakdown!
No complete base sets (disapointed at that, missing card 3-7-16-21-24-42-55-68-79-90) Frown
Puzzle card R1-R2-R3-R4 and R7
Auto: Philip Wiegratz as Augustus Gloop
Costume card: Augustus Gloop 307/430

Sending a mail to Artbox considering the missing cards in the base set, but there is no statement on the box that is should include a full set!

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: March 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hyperion
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hyperion:

Sending a mail to Artbox considering the missing cards in the base set, but there is no statement on the box that is should include a full set!

Got a quick respond from Artbox that says they will send me the cards I miss ASAP! Good service Smile

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: March 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Got a quick respond from Artbox that says they will send me the cards I miss ASAP! Good service Smile

That's cool Dance

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

That's good - most card companies ensure you get a base set - Welcome to Cardtalk Wave

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up a box at collectormania, havent sorted through the cards so will just list the inserts:

Charlie costume card
and
Freddie Highmore (charlie) Auto Bouncey

Posts: 15 | Location: UK | Registered: July 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
Got one of the retail tins today (the one with several cast members on the top). I was glad to see this one so I could get one of each of the two tins.
Anywho, was looking forward to getting one of the gold retail prop cards, but none in the tin! (I was under the impression that each tin had one of the golden ticket retail props). Oh well, at least I got the tin... Roll Eyes

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Number_one
posted Hide Post
Just receive a box from Ebay

1 full set
box topper : BT3
Foils : R1,R3,R4,R5,R7
Prop card : Contest Announcement poster 309/490

Very beautiful set. I was hoping to get an auto. No auto Frown. Maybe in the next box

Posts: 232 | Location: Montreal, Quebec | Registered: February 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
Here is results from my box break on 12/31/06

Box #3664/6000
Holographic Foil Cards (1:5 Hobby packs)
R5 Chewing Gum Is Really Gross, Chewing Gum I Hate The Most
R6 Once Again You Really Shouldn't Mumble
R8 WW (Oompa-Loompa in orange) (X 2)
R9 WW (Oompa-Loompa in green)

Box-Topper Cards
BT4 Scratch & Sniff Chocolate

Autograph Cards (1:2 Hobby boxes)
Philip Wiegratz as Augustus Gloop

Costume Cards (with Props, 1:Hobby box)
Mrs. Gloop's dress 414/480

http://twitter.com/MasterFreeza

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a box today from <dealer name removed> I am pretty displeased with what I got.

Box #1672/6000

BT1
R2,3,4,6,8
Costume Card: Grandpa Joe 444/530

I feel violated and gipped. Oh well.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: webjon,

Posts: 38 | Location: New Jersey, USA | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post