Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Charlie & the Chocolate Factory (Artbox)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charlie & the Chocolate Factory (Artbox)
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Major Congrats to the Depp "pullers". Wow.

Here are two more boxes:

Box #410

BT3 Scratch & Sniff Peppermint (2nd one)
Autograph Card: Jordan Fry as Mike Teavee
Prop Card: Red Ribbon from Opening Day Ceremony -- 163/340
Puzzle Cards: R2, 4, 6 and 8
(Definitely misplaced a puzzle card.)

Box #2597

Box Topper: Scratch & Sniff Peppermint (3rd time)
Autograph Card: Deep Roy as An Oompa Loompa
Prop Card: Contest Announcement Poster -- 385/490
Puzzle Cards: R1, 3, 4, 5, and 7

So, in four boxes I've gotten four different autographs and four different props, all high numbered. And, no, I still haven't "scratched & sniffed", but the tempation is now definitely there. Smile

Posts: 53 | Location: Moreno Valley, CA | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
Hi all, my gf and I each bought a box of this set. The cards are nice looking and we both liked them a lot. She did a little better with her box by pulling an auto and a costume, but my prop card was lower numbered.

Her box:
Chocolate Scratch and Sniff boxtopper BT4
5 foil cards
Mrs. Beauregarde's outfit costume card /230
Mrs. Beauregarde autograph

My box:
Bubblegum Scratch and Sniff boxtopper BT1
5 foil cards
Wonka Whipple-Scrumptious Fudgemallow Delight Candy Bar Wrapper prop card #065/190 (Super Cool Card, very happy with it. Wrapper piece has part of the "N" and "K" from the "Wonka" on the front of the wrapper)

I wanted an auto (who doesn't), but am very happy with the prop. I remember that this particular candy bar name was my favorite from the book when I read it as a kid.)

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yervi
posted Hide Post
Talk about luck. My friend and I walked into my LCS today. I let him buy the last remaining Charlie box since i had already bought a case. He went about 8 packs in on the left side of the box, and out came 2 Johnny Depp autos back to back. Elephant Elephant Bouncey Elephant Elephant Even though it was my friend, i felt pretty bad, but my friend said he will give me a good deal on the second one. So i might get my depp after all, next up Golden Ticket. Elephant Metal

Posts: 57 | Location: USA | Registered: March 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yervi:
Talk about luck. My friend and I walked into my LCS today. I let him buy the last remaining Charlie box since i had already bought a case. He went about 8 packs in on the left side of the box, and out came 2 Johnny Depp autos back to back. Elephant Elephant Bouncey Elephant Elephant Even though it was my friend, i felt pretty bad, but my friend said he will give me a good deal on the second one. So i might get my depp after all, next up Golden Ticket. Elephant Metal

Wow Eek that's amazing.

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yervi - Wow that is lucky indeed. Congrats to him and hope you get one of the Depps Wave Wave

He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the centre of Time and he can see the turn of the Universe.
And...
He's WONDERFUL.

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Box #899

Box Topper: BT4 (Scratch & Sniff Chocolate)
Autograph card: None Frown
Costume Card: Violet's Suit - 321/330
Puzzle Cards: R2, R3, R4, R6 & R8

Posts: 31 | Location: Australia | Registered: May 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of rubadub001
posted Hide Post
2 Depp's eh?

NICE PULL...

Check out my Trade List Apr 16.09: http://nonsportupdate.infopop....&r=37010938#37010938

Posts: 654 | Location: Toronto, ON, Canada | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of rubadub001
posted Hide Post
3 Boxes

# 2139
Augustus Gloop Costume 217/240
No Auto

# 97

Mrs. Gloop Costume 207/480
Johhny Depp Auto

# 2339

Red Ribon Ceremony 165/340
No Auto

3 boxes and only 1 auto - but hey.. who can complain when it's Johhny Depp!

Check out my Trade List Apr 16.09: http://nonsportupdate.infopop....&r=37010938#37010938

Posts: 654 | Location: Toronto, ON, Canada | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
I'm starting to see who the SHORT PRINTS are. Anyone want to trade me a Bonham Carter?

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
seems to me there is a problem with the inserts??? with some boxes not getting any autos and some boxes getting 2 Big Grin of johnny depp of all people Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 1616 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up a box of these today.

--------------

1 base set, 7 cards short of a second
foil cards - 1, 2, 4, 5, 8
Costume Card - Grandpa Joe's jacket
Box Topper - scratch & sniff chocolate

--------------

no autograph. Frown this will be the last box i buy. i'm very disappointed to say the least and my wife is quite angry that i spent $70.00 on this.

Posts: 18 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: June 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
1 Retail Tin (good design) B
4 packs, 8 cards each B+
1 exclusive topper card B
1 foil card C

Overall B-
You get a chance at a prop card, but no chance at an autograph card.

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
Picked up 1 box of Hobby, 1 box of retail and 1 con exclusive tin in San Diego. Set Colation is excellent!

Hobby Box #5192
Base Sets: 2 (w/3 extra cards)
Box Topper: 0 Frown Confused Shake Head
Costume: Dual Costume #117/324 Burlap Bag and Worker's Arpon from Salt's Nut Factory Dance
Foil: R2, R4, R6, R8, R9

I had another pack that only had 4 cards in it....I wonder if this was supposed to be another prop/costume pack?????

Retail Box
Base Sets: 2 (w/4 extra cards)
Prop: Nutty Crunch Surprise #2164/2330
Foils: M1, M2, M3, M4, M7

Comic Con Tin
Base Set: 1
Tin Card: T1
Hobby Foil Set: R1-R9
Costume: Miss Pyle's sweat suit (w/seam) #196/720

Oh well. No autos.........

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Kristy
posted Hide Post
Opened 2 boxes, don't remember the chase but I traded and have a foil set.

Marshmallow and Bubble gum were my boxloaders. I also have a chocolate.

Autos- Mr. Salt

PW- razzle wrapper, Mrs. Gloop

Posts: 1042 | Location: Modesto, CA USA | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leia214
posted Hide Post
Found the tins yesterday at Target - bought both. I was disappointed though because I got the same bonus card in both - T1.

Was there only one bonus card?

No prop or costume cards but 5 foils between the two so not bad on that.

Posts: 101 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: June 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I 'm pretty sure that
Artbox just did the 1 Tin card this time (T1). When I was at San Diego, they said that the Charlie Tin Set included THE tin card, not 1 of the tin cards. Cool

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AWR
posted Hide Post
2 Boxes

# 640

BT2
Vilot Beauregarde Costume 125/330
Foils R2, R4, R6, R8, R9
No AUTO

# 97

BT3
Chocolate Bar Prop Card 325 / 490
Foils R1, R2, R3, R4, R7
No AUTO

2 Boxes - No Autos. Hope I have better luck in the future. Great set though, so hard to complain

Posts: 382 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Another tin...

4 packs
1 foil card
1 tin card T1

Nothing much to write home about. Big Grin

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xtime:
Another tin...

4 packs
1 foil card
1 tin card T1

Nothing much to write home about. Big Grin

So we can see Frown

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
1 prop card
879/1530
Whipple-Scrumptious Fudgemallow Delight Candy wrapper (Golden ticket front). B+

Hooray! Clap