Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars Clone Wars Season 1 (Topps 2009)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Clone Wars Season 1 (Topps 2009)
 Login/Join

Picture of blwilson
posted Hide Post
Picked up a box from my local comic shop for what I thought was a decent price. Glad I did Smile

Base set x1 plus extras
Season 2 Sneak Preview Cards - 1 set of 8 plus 4 extras
Foil Character Cards - 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 12, 15, 18
Animation Clear Cel Cards - 1, 5, 7, 8, 9
Flix Pix Motion Cards - 2, 5
Sketch - Clone Snowtrooper by Leah Mangue

Autograph - Tom Kane as Yoda

I was surprised and happy to pull an auto and a sketch. I don't normally collect sketches (this one's up for trade) but the box price was cheap enough to take a chance on this set. I'm a fan of the show, so I'm happy to get the auto. All in all, I think this is a pretty good set and I think I did well with the box.

Blair

wuher, Scott Rammel, Bond, mars53, Arvin Sloane, Larry C., silmapco, MrSpeed719, spidergoblin, mark64, steve j, barrowjack, indypat75, ra4dunb, Avalon, hammer, Gregor1968, Rich, Scifi Cards, Ryan Cracknell, UofLHoops, Cee_Jay, rachandcarl, brandocles, venom5liter, Warrior Babe, manolito, SciFi Mom, Ariana, Craig, beleay, kidtrek, eman, iki927, jane

Posts: 281 | Location: Surrey, BC, Canada | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
Here is the start from my 6 Case Break. Really not sure on who some of the artists are especially the ones with signatures I cannot make out. Any Help would be appreciated!

All available for Trade including the two autos. (Not my kids though...I just had to post the most adorable pic from C5)
Email me if interested at flagcitycollectors@sbcglobal.net or post.

ON all the cards pictured I am Looking to trade for Clone Wars Widevision Retail Autographs. Please make an offer as I will make a great deal especially for multiples. I need up to:

4 Matt Wood Battle Droid Autographs (Retail)
4 Dee Baker Clone Trooper Autographs (Retail)

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of siddarth
posted Hide Post
Ok, I'm back to do this correctly.

I purchased 9 retail boxes. I pulled 3 sketch cards, 9 silver foil and a ton of the other inserts. Maybe 2 or 3 "dud" packs per box.

3 out of 9 is not the best odds but I have put a lot of sets and insert sets together.

Posts: 48 | Location: NC | Registered: August 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The retail sketches are 1:72 packs if I am not mistaken, so the odds worked out perfect for you

Posts: 131 | Location: USA | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of siddarth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheMetatrOn:
The retail sketches are 1:72 packs if I am not mistaken, so the odds worked out perfect for you

That's probably closer to the average than what the bottom of the boxes say, 1:48. It's not a guarantee, though.

Just to be sure, all retail sketches have Yoda on the back and there are no animator sketches in retail boxes?

Posts: 48 | Location: NC | Registered: August 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batjay
posted Hide Post
I picked up a box for a cheap price. Turned out to be a better deal than I realized.
The box contained a nice sketch of Anakin in snow gear and I pulled 2 autographs!!! The Matt Lanter auto was stuck to the back of the Catherine Taber auto. Very nice.

So far I have been unable to determine who the artist is. Does anyone recognize the signature?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Batjay,

Posts: 34 | Location: United States | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I believe the above signature is that of the artist Shelli Paroline.
Nice sketch!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batjay
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much chesspieceface! Smile I was going through the artists and not having much luck.
Shelli really did a nice job on the sketch. I love anything dealing with snow scenes.

Posts: 34 | Location: United States | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here are the pics I have available today. Photobucket was under maintenance will my 270+ images were uploading and only got 180 some of the pics. I will have to upload again tomorrow. It took forever. Anyways here you go everyone!

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
Got a box of these. Like how many different insert sets are offered.

My sketch was pretty cool:

Anakin by Brandon Lamb

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Picture of grayjedi
posted Hide Post
I bought two boxes of this set. Only opened one so far:

14 damaged base cards (severely jammed corners, peeled pictures, etc.)
1 near complete undamaged base set (missing 4 cards) + 44 undamaged extra.
9 foil character cards.
5 clear cel cards.
3 Flix Pix motion cards.
1 complete Season 2 Preview set + 4 extra.
2 silver parallel cards (#28 443/500; #65 35/500.)
1 hobby sketch card (Ahsoka battling droids by Stephanie Yue.)
1 voice actor autograph (Nika Futterman/Asajj Ventress)

Did anyone else pull damaged base cards?
I'll have the second break up soon.

Posts: 77 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
Opened one hobby box

Count Dooku by Rich Molinelli

All cards were in good condition. Nice looking cards.

Posts: 188 | Location: Finland | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post