Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars Clone Wars Season 1 (Topps 2009)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Clone Wars Season 1 (Topps 2009)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted
Here are the sketch cards from my break

Case 1

Yodas by Lance Sawyer and Cynthia (Cummens) Narcisi

Dooku by Zack Giallongo and Obi-Wan by Stephanie Yue

Ahsoka by Juan Carlos Ramos and Grevious by David Rabbitte

Clone Trooper by Gabe Farber and ? scene by Jeremy Treece

Case 2

R2D2 and C3PO by Brad Somebody or other see back

Kit Fisto by Shelli Paroline and ? by Kyle Babbitt

Asajj Ventress by the Miller boys (Brian and Stephen respectivly)

Part 2 of a 2 panel clone set by Dan Bergren

Awsome Bounty Hunter scene by Jason Sobol

Grevious by Animator Tim Brock

This message has been edited. Last edited by: igman7,

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Without going too much into artists "styles", I will base my opinions of the sketches more on the artists' use of the extra space afforded by the format, and just about all of yours are excellent in that regard. Congrats on them.

Was this also the set with the Voice Actor autographs? Did you get any of those?

I'll be back with the results of own case as soon as I can.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Yup, between my 2 cases (and a swap with my buddy), I have:

Nika Futterman as Asajj Ventress
Ian Abercrombie as Chancellor Palpatine x2
Matt Lanter as Anakin Skywalker
Catherine Taber as Padme' Amidala
Matthew Wood as General Grevious

I am only missing James Arnold Taylor as Obi-Wan Kenobi and Tom Kane as Yoda...until the retail product comes out with the 2 retail exclusive autos.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I think did well with my first case, 4 autos and 8 sketches, not a bad one in the bunch, and I pulled three animator sketches. The inserts are well done, the only strange thing was that I did not pull one clear card # 4, but I have plenty of extras of other numbers. This is a quality set, kudos to Topps for a job well done!

There is also a card with each pack promoting a collectors kit with a binder, sheets, and an exclusive promo for only $16.95. The link is not up yet, but I'm happy they are offering a binder for the set! Smile

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
I think did well with my first case, 4 autos and 8 sketches, not a bad one in the bunch, and I pulled three animator sketches.

Wow! Congrats on the great case! I am hoping to pull at least one animator.

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went to the LCS and picked up a box from a fresh case. Got this absolutely gorgeous sketch by Russ Walks...a definite PC item. Sorry about the toploader...just wanted to protect it.

Posts: 10 | Location: United States | Registered: August 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think did well with my first case, 4 autos and 8 sketches, not a bad one in the bunch, and I pulled three animator sketches. The inserts are well done, the only strange thing was that I did not pull one clear card # 4, but I have plenty of extras of other numbers. This is a quality set, kudos to Topps for a job well done!

There is also a card with each pack promoting a collectors kit with a binder, sheets, and an exclusive promo for only $16.95. The link is not up yet, but I'm happy they are offering a binder for the set! Smile

Another case full of sketches that really take advantage of the extra room on the cards. Way to go Batman and congrats on the pulls. And thanks for the info on the binder offer. I'll definitely be in for one of those, the exclusive promo sealed that deal.
Can't wait for my case!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JR:
Went to the LCS and picked up a box from a fresh case. Got this absolutely gorgeous sketch by Russ Walks...a definite PC item. Sorry about the toploader...just wanted to protect it.

Beautiful! I hope to get one half that nice. I sure am glad Walks continues to grace these sets with his stunning work. Whether it be the normal sized cards, the Die-cuts in SW Galaxy 4, and now these widevision cards, he's a standout in every single set he's done.

Picture of Dragoncrypt
posted Hide Post
That Walks is simply stellar! Congrats!

Posts: 199 | Location: The Great White North (Canada) | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
I have a case coming but I couldn't wait so I picked up 2 boxes today.

Box 1: Jon Morris

Box 2: Ingrid Hardy /75 & Animator Vince Lee

Posts: 348 | Location: La Palma, CA | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
Here's the breakdown of my 2 Hobby cases. No dud boxes and every box yielded a base set.

Autographs:

Sketches:

Animator Sketches:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: venom5liter,

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Great sketches, just a shame about the C3PO head, waste of a widescreen sketch blank in my opinion. He could have done that on the back of a postage stamp!!! The other sketches are great Thumb Up

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
I busted two cases of this product and I am quite pleased with it. A great looking base set, a nice mix of low level inserts, and some excellent high end inserts.

Obi-Wan by Brian Ashmore, Ackbar by Darla Ecklund, Count Dooku by Zack Giallongo, and Stormtrooper by Animator Jackson Sze

Count Dooku by Daniel Kelly, Bounty Hunter by Bruce Gerlach, Action Scene 2 of 2 by Michael "Locoduck" Duron, Ahsoka by Jamie Snell, Bounty Hunter by Hayden Davis, Aayla Secura by Ted Dastick Jr.

Count Dooku by Rich Woodall, Boba Fett by John P. Wales, General Grevious by Uko Smith, Newt and Ahsoka by Karen K., Padame by Denise Vasquez, Ahsoka by JF

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Arvin Sloane,

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Nice break, Arvin.

A few corrections though: the Gerlach and Davis cards are of Cad Bane, the Dastick is Senator Riyo Chuchi (VERY nicely done, Ted!) and the Wales is a Clone Trooper, not Jango Fett (Boba was way too young at this point). My guess on the JF would be Josh Fargher.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
the Dastick is Senator Riyo Chuchi (VERY nicely done, Ted!)

Thank you! I'm surprised that quite a few of my color cards have already surfaced, I think I did less than 30.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Second case results, not bad, but not as good as the first...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Batman,

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Second case results, not bad, but not as good as the first...

Trouble with you is you're spoilt Razz Half your luck would be a bonus to anyone else Wink

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Got my retail case today and broke one box so far, now to get orders shipped out...

1 Base Set
12 Preview Cards (1:2)
8 Character Foils (1:3)
6 Clear Cel Cards (1:4)
3 Motion Cards (1:8)
2 Silver foil paralles (1:17)
1 Yoda-backed retail sketch by Lance Sawyer:

Retail sketches are 1:48 packs, so I got lucky with this one.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are mine-- I plan on keeping the page of 4 (although my mind can always be changed)

The others will be offered up- 2 animator cards in the bunch

Need help identifying the Doctors- Animator sketcher- BKO?--The Back of the Card says "Learn to Grow Things"

I have close ups and artists names if anyones interested.

Posts: 29 | Location: Shelbyville, KY | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I busted an 8 box case. I had 3 bum boxes with no sketches. Also on my clear cel cards I didnt get any #4's or #9's at all. I got multiples of all the other #'s. I e-mailed Topps over the weekend. They sent me an e-mail stating they would get back to me within 2 business days, it's been 3 and still no reply. Anyone else having luck like mine?

Posts: 7 | Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico | Registered: October 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post