Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Buffy Season 5 (Inkworks)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buffy Season 5 (Inkworks)
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted
Was hoping for an auto (aren't we all) & struck out...

Pretty happy to get a sealed box though Big Grin

BL2
K4 5 6 9 Big Grin
B3 6

Not bad Smile

Lessa
- Addicted to eBay -
http://members.fortunecity.com/smithsonian/

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maxpower03
posted Hide Post
I was bored at my local comic store so I bought a pack of Buffy Season Five and got
AMBER BENSON's autograph. YAY! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
And for only 2.50

Posts: 106 | Location: UK | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maxpower03
posted Hide Post
Thanks!
This was the first time I had got an autograph from buying just one pack. Smile

Posts: 106 | Location: UK | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of BuffyAngelFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxpower03:
I was bored at my local comic store so I bought a pack of Buffy Season Five and got
AMBER BENSON's autograph. YAY! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
And for only 2.50

I'm so jealous! No where near me sells Buffy or Angel cards Frown
WELL DONE on getting the Amber Benson auto card...and from just buying one pack...thats great. I've never had any luck like that...maybe if I buy some packets at Memorabilia this weekend

_Claire

Posts: 513 | Location: UK | Registered: August 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Boggle
posted Hide Post
I just received a box of S5 sourced from you know where, here's the result:
1 Base set, couldn't make a second up.
BL2 Tara and Willow Big Grin
K2 K5 K9
Big Bad Crush B2
Slayers Gift SG1 Big Grin Big Grin
Sadly no auto though, ah well..
All in all pretty happy, as i haven't cracked a box for ages...

Pete

"Bored now"

Posts: 271 | Location: Sussex UK | Registered: September 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hippiejewel
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the box I had gotten. However I had a Ben auto in mine as well.

Jewel Big Grin

Posts: 2035 | Location: Western Burbs of Chicago | Registered: April 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
I seem to remember that as a general rule for season 5 boxes if you pulled a Slayer's Gift there was no auto and if you got an auto there was no Slayer's Gift. I only recall hearing about 1 or 2 boxes that had both and I don't think I ever heard of 1 that had neither. All 3 full boxes I got had an auto and I never did pull a SG.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hippiejewel
posted Hide Post
I don't think that's correct. I purchased a case of Season 5. I did get a master set. I believe I had a total of 3 SG cards. Unless I just had a good case...LOL

Jewel Big Grin

Posts: 2035 | Location: Western Burbs of Chicago | Registered: April 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
That sounds about right. cases were 10 boxes and SG cards were 1:3. I think you might have beaten the odds a bit on the autos by getting a master run (did you get 1 of each or did you also get an extra or 2?) since I think 7 was the norm for a case but of course things varied a bit before the 1 per box guarantee.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When this product originally released, I got a box that had four, yes four, autographs in it! I wouldn't lie about such a thing, I even had a witness. It was unbelievable, because at the time every box did not contain an autograph. After opening two other boxes, I had every autograph except the Amber Benson. Probably one of the best boxes I have ever opened!

"You think it's healthy to obsessively collect things? You can't relate to other people, so you fill your life with stuff... I'm just like all these other collector losers." -Steve Buscemi, Ghost World

Posts: 331 | Location: Chicago, IL USA | Registered: September 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
You lucky sod Thumb Up

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
Well, my box produced some weird results.
Cards not cut properly, 8 inserts in total (4 of each) and an X Files Season 6/7 internet promo card in a pack. Confused I hope that wasn't in place of something cool.

My box:

2 Base Sets
BL2 - need that one
B2, B3, B5, B5
K1, K2, K2, K3

That was certainly an odd box, IMO.

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Kristina
posted Hide Post
Wow, that IS an odd box... can't really complain with all of those inserts- esp the 1:17 packs ones!! Not bad though, but I hope you didn't miss out on an auto!

Posts: 1477 | Location: NY | Registered: August 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RachelH
posted Hide Post
when i bought my box way back when, i pulled a slayers gift card and an auto in the box. mind you that was back when i was justa buffy fan, and not a trading card nut like i am now, so i didnt realise what i was getting. 1:3 boxes is a cool ratio!!

RachelH
x x x x

Posts: 325 | Location: Walsall UK | Registered: June 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Inkworks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Star*Mystyk:
Well, my box produced some weird results.
Cards not cut properly, 8 inserts in total (4 of each) and an X Files Season 6/7 internet promo card in a pack. I hope that wasn't in place of something cool.

That does sound like an odd box Shake Head. You can contact Inkworks Customer Relations at info@inkworks.com to find out how to replace any damaged or miscut cards.

A stray promo card finds its way into packs now and then when it is printed on the same print form/press sheet. Sometimes one or two cards accidently slip into the wrong pile when the form is cut into individual cards. I don't know if it makes you feel any better, but the promo card would have been in place of a base card that printed on the same form; not a bonus card which would have printed on a different form.

Posts: 967 | Location: Raleigh, NC USA | Registered: July 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
I didn't even come back to look in this topic. Oops.

Thanks for replying. I didn't worry too much about the mis-cut cards. I've already Ebayed the 2 sets from the box (mentioning some mis-cut cards), so they're gone, now.

The last odd box I had was a season 7. I didn't make one base set out of the entire box, lol. I've managed to trade for what I need, so I'm not fussed over the occasional strange box Smile

Thanks Smile

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LittleEarthquakes
posted Hide Post
Just received a box I bought off eBay. No auto, but still quite good...

Base Sets - ? (Quite a few damaged base cards)
Protectors of The Key - K1, K2, K3, K7, K9
Big Bad Crush - B1, B2, B5
Slayer's Gift - SG-1
Box Loader - BL2 (Damaged)

So there were some damaged cards, but overall a pretty decent box I think Smile

Posts: 285 | Location: Australia | Registered: January 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
just email Inkworks and maybe they can still do something about it.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Picked up a box of Season 5 at the Canadian Fan Expo back in August here in Toronto - have had it sitting around, and as I seem to be stressing over the hobby (not having the time for the most part) it seemed like a good time to pull it out, sit back and relax by opening something out of the norm...

BL3
B1, B4
K2, K6, K7, K8
A25 Kevin Weisman as Dreg

otim

Posts: 700 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: May 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post