Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Disney Pixar Treasures (Upper Deck)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disney Pixar Treasures (Upper Deck)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Been wanting to open some of these for a while, but could never justify the price. In Target the other day I came across sealed boxes for $9.99 each! Giddy with excitement I bought both and busted them when I got home. I haven't collated them, hopefully I've got a full set between the two boxes.

But the bad thing - you're supposed to get one Reel Piece of History insert per box - neither box had one. Frown These aren't as collectible as the Disney Treasures ones since there are only a few, so getting any particular one should be pretty easy, but I got hosed and didn't get a single one. Frown

Oh well, was still fun opening two $10 boxes. Thumb Up

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
not familiar with the sets
but usually Target would have retail boxes
with different pull ratios

I would assume that would be the issue here Smile

but I also would have picked them up at $10 a piece Thumb Up

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hcbrewer:
not familiar with the sets
but usually Target would have retail boxes
with different pull ratios

I would assume that would be the issue here Smile

but I also would have picked them up at $10 a piece Thumb Up

It does state on the box there's a Reel Piece of History card in the box. Frown

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
I'd send them a letter with the box UPS then
- wouldn't hurt Smile

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hcbrewer:
I'd send them a letter with the box UPS then
- wouldn't hurt Smile

The boxes are pretty old at this point, I'm just going to chalk it up as a loss.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
I bought 2 boxes and still need some cards to finish my set. I also got 2 Reel Pieces of History cards with the same # (DPT-171), but different cells in them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mister E.,

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
I need Base Cards: 5,6,17,29,31,46,49,53,66,76,77,87,98. Incredibles : 103 107 118 123 126 130 134 140. Now You Know : 162 163 166 168 169 170. Reel Piece of History : 172 173 174 175. ( Not many extra's in both boxes.)

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Just a note regarding the film frame cards from this series:

The "Finding Nemo" card is fairly rare with the "Bug's Life" card being extremely common. In my experience, I would say about 7 in every 10 film frame cards come from "Bug's Life"

In descending order of toughness to find within the boxes, they go:
1. Finding Nemo
2. Monsters Inc
3. Toy Story 2
4. Toy Story
5. A Bug's Life

Good luck!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mister E.:
I need Base Cards: 5,6,17,29,31,46,49,53,66,76,77,87,98. Incredibles : 103 107 118 123 126 130 134 140. Now You Know : 162 163 166 168 169 170. Reel Piece of History : 172 173 174 175. ( Not many extra's in both boxes.)

Once I sort through my 2 boxes I'll let you know where I can help you out.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Ted, I can send you 1 of the Reel Pieces of History cards. Will get to local Target and get another box or 2 soon. Thanks. George.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mister E.:
Ted, I can send you 1 of the Reel Pieces of History cards. Will get to local Target and get another box or 2 soon. Thanks. George.

Cool! Hold off til I look through my dupes, see if I can help you out.

I did pick up one or two of the Pixar RPOH cards in the past, but I don't recall which ones. No sense in sending me one I may already have. Smile

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Update.... I need: Now You Know: 166. Reel Piece of History: 174,175. UD printed checklist (?). I got # DPT-172 (Toy Story 2) and 173 (A Bug's Life), in the same box.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of trade-a-card
posted Hide Post
I think I have Now You Know: 166.
Have to check at home to make sure.
I need Base Cards: 73 & 84.
Just let me know.
Thanks,
Frank

Posts: 860 | Location: Germany | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
I have 2 extra #84. No extra #73. Out of 4 boxes .... only 1 card #73.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of trade-a-card
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I checked and I have no extra #166 but two #165 Smile Anyway, I still need your #84. Do you have a tradelist somewhere?
Thanks,
Frank

Posts: 860 | Location: Germany | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
I will send it to you free. Just need address. Thanks. Metal

Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
Having a hard time sorting out who needs what exactly. I've got #166 if you still need it Mister E.

Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Yes, I still need #166. Went to Target to buy another box and someone had opened 2 boxes and they were selling single packs for $.99 @. No unopened 24 pack boxes for $9.99 in the storage room, as I asked a manager if any were left.

Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
Sent an email to the one in your profile Mister E. Just need to know where to send the card Smile

Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Have not received it as of 9:51 PM. gsetn@yahoo.com Thanks, Mister E.