Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Justice League of American Archives (Rittenhouse Archives LTD)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Justice League of American Archives (Rittenhouse Archives LTD)
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
That Price is cool. Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
My JLA cards have started to arrive, so I am very happy. I actually like the artwork on the base cards, but I wish there was more info about plots and major events on the backs. The whole set has a slightly retro feel, with the Super Friends and also the Founding Member cards remind me of the old 'membership' cards that comics companies made.

Anyway, here's the sketches from my first 2 cases.

Case 1 was okay, nothing really stood out. One thing I have noticed about this set is that Bukauskas has really stepped up, with his WW and the Watson my favourites from the case.

Sobol - team (with Steel and Elongated Man)
Vala - Aquaman
Watson - Atom
Sellers - Green Lantern
Kyle - Green Arrow
Goodmanson - Martian Manhunter

Bigley - Green Arrow
Smith - Green Lantern
Houston - Green Lantern
Bukauskas - Wonder Woman
Spears - Hawkgirl
Rodriguez - Hawkman

Case 2 was great. The Martineck Atom is one that I spotted in his scans and really liked it. Owens is always excellent and I also like several others.

Salas - Superman
Breen - some alternate Hawkman?
Pacheo - Black Canary
Owens - Wonder Woman
Ohlendorf - Green Arrow
Molinelli - Wonder Woman

Fiorentino - Aquaman
Moreno - Green Arrow
Engstom - Batman
Gomez - Batman
Martineck - Atom
Wands - Black Canary

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
Third and final case. Really interesting collation. I got 3 cases, so 36 sketches and I had 36 different artists. Unfortunately, one of the artists I missed is Hillsman, but the collation is nevertheless impressive.

This is a great case. The Haun is amazing. The Zatanna is one of Long's best sketches, I like the bullets and bracelets of Valente's WW and there's many other excellent sketches.

Graham - Flash
Sienty - Martian Manhunter
Edwards - Wonder Woman
Bradley - Hawkgirl
Dos Santos - Superman
Broderick - Batman

Price - Hawkman
Haun - Flash (original)
Valente - Wonder Woman
Long - Zatanna
Kong - Wonder Woman
Vandemark - Martian Manhunter + Batman

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
For a JLA set, it amazed me that you didn't get a Batman or Superman sketch in your first case. Eek

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
6 more boxes:

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
Very nice. The Flash is probably the nicest Gomez I've seen, and you can never go wrong with an Owens.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Here's the sketches from my 2 boxes! I hope to get more and if I do I'll post em! I didn't order a lot of this set but I was very surprised at how they came out. Just wish there was maybe 1 more insert set or something.

The Haun Hawkgirl is actually painted (the 1st time I've ever pulled such a thing) and is quite a card with all the textures in it!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Another 6 boxes:

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I got at box at Collectormania London last week and got this sketch by Nathan Ohlendorf.

Green Lantern (Hal) I recognise. Anyone know who the fuzzy fellow is?

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
I got at box at Collectormania London last week and got this sketch by Nathan Ohlendorf.

Green Lantern (Hal) I recognise. Anyone know who the fuzzy fellow is?

I'm pretty sure that's Tasmanian Devil

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
That's "Wolfie !!!!!!!!!!" Big Grin Eek Metal

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mister E.:
That's "Wolfie !!!!!!!!!!" Big Grin Eek Metal

No he isn't that good looking Big Grin

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
"Wolfie" needs to shave ???????????? Confused Eek

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
Box#1187

One base set
Super Friends- SF6, SF8, SF14
Other Earths- OF2, OF6
Founding Members- FM1

My Sketch-

Very nice set and a real good sketch. Smile

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
Got my case today Big Grin

I don't know who everyone is, let alone the artists, so feel free to fill in the blanks for me Big Grin
Images link to larger versions. Not huge-large, but bigger than below.

L-R: Flash by Harvey Richards; Flash by Fred Haynes; Flash by Mark Spears; Superman by Brian Kong; Zatanna by Jim Kyle; Green Arrow by Michael Sellers

L-R: Green Arrow & Black Canary by Matthew Goodmanson; Hawkgirl by Aaron Houston; Green Lantern, Batman & Flash by Tone Rodriguez; Wonder Woman & Big Barda by Andy Price; Wonder Woman by Bobby Vala; Wonder Woman by Nathan Watson.

My favourites are the Andy Price and Vala Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Star*Mystyk,

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Star*Mystyk:
Got my case today Big Grin

I don't know who everyone is, let alone the artists, so feel free to fill in the blanks (unknowns) for me Big Grin

The last 2 on the first row are Zatanna & Green Arrow.
On the second row, it's Black Canary with Green Arrow, Hawkgirl and Big Barda with Wonder Woman.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Also with the help of eBay listings I've figured out who some artists are Smile

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Cool Sketches Star! Love the Hawkgirl on the bottom row!

The 3rd card on the bottom with Green Lantern, Batman & The Flash is by Tone Rodriguez by the way!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Great looking sketches Star Metal

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Kinda disappointed. One pack short and no sketch. Frown Shake Head Frown

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post