Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Dead Zone Seasons 1 & 2, The (Rittenhouse)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dead Zone Seasons 1 & 2, The (Rittenhouse)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted
The Dead Zone - Seasons 1 & 2 [Rittenhouse]

Overview
100 Base Cards
13 Behind-The-Scenes (1:5 packs)
7 Stars of the Zone (1:20 packs)
4 Casting Call (1:160 packs)
15 Autograph Cards (1:20 packs)
1 Case Topper
1 Multi-Case Purchase Incentive Card
3 Promo Cards
================================================

BOX 1
-----
100 Base Cards -> 1 set of 100; 2nd set - 84/100
10 Behind-The-Scenes -> B1,B2,B3,B4,B6,B8,B10,B11,B12,B13
3 Stars of the Zone -> S1,S4,S6
0 Casting Call -> N/A
2 Autograph Cards -> ANTHONY MICHAEL HALL (JOHNNY SMITH) {LIMITED} Big Grin
JULIE PATZWALD (JILL DEER - "ENEMY MIND")

[One pack missing one basic card]

BOX 2
-----
100 Base Cards -> 1 set of 100; 2nd set - 85/100
10 Behind-The-Scenes -> B1,B2,B4,B5,B6,B7,B8,B11,B12,B13
3 Stars of the Zone -> S1,S4,S6
0 Casting Call -> N/A
2 Autograph Cards -> DONNELLY RHODES (COLONEL BURT HALSEY - "THE HUNT")
SCOTT WILLIAM WINTERS (RANGER RANDY TURMAN - THE MOUNTAIN)

BOX 3
-----
100 Base Cards -> 1 set of 100; 2nd set - 86/100
10 Behind-The-Scenes -> B1,B3,B4,B5,B7,B8,B9,B10,B11,B12
2 Stars of the Zone -> S2,S4
0 Casting Call -> N/A
2 Autograph Cards -> ADAM BEACH (SHAMAN - "SHAMAN")
DAVID JULIAN HIRSH (THOMAS BERKE - "THE OUTSIDER")

BOX 4
-----
10 Behind-The-Scenes -> B1,B2,B3,B5,B6,B7,B9,B10,B11,B12
3 Stars of the Zone -> S1,S3,S6
1 Casting Call -> DZ4 [345/600] JOHN L. ADAMS (BRUCE LEWIS)
2 Autograph Cards -> ALLY SHEEDY (KATE MOORE - "PLAYING GOD") {LIMITED} Big Grin
ALVIN SANDERS (PRINCIPAL PELSON)

BOX 5
-----
10 Behind-The-Scenes -> B2,B4,B5,B6,B7,B8,B9,B10,B11,B13
3 Stars of the Zone -> S1,S3,S6
1 Casting Call -> DZ4 [277/600] JOHN L. ADAMS (BRUCE LEWIS)
2 Autograph Cards -> SEAN PATRICK FLANNERY ("GREG STILLSON") {LIMITED} Big Grin
BLU MANKUMA (BEN CARTWRIGHT - "UNREASONABLE DOUBT")

BOX 6
-----
10 Behind-The-Scenes -> B1,B2,B3,B4,B6,B8,B9,B10,B12,B13
3 Stars of the Zone -> S3,S5,S7
1 Casting Call -> DZ1 [208/600] ANTHONY MICHAEL HALL (JOHNNY SMITH)
2 Autograph Cards -> JOHN L. ADAMS (BRUCE LEWIS) {LIMITED} Big Grin
BLU MANKUMA (BEN CARTWRIGHT - "UNREASONABLE DOUBT")

BOX 7
-----
10 Behind-The-Scenes -> B1,B3,B4,B6,B7,B8,B9,B10,B12,B13
3 Stars of the Zone -> S2,S4,S6
1 Casting Call -> DZ3 [184/600] CHRIS BRUNO (WALTER BANNERMAN)
2 Autograph Cards -> PETER WINGFIELD (CAPTAIN MICHAEL KLEIN - "CABIN PRESURE") Big Grin
ALVIN SANDERS (PRINCIPAL PELSON)

BOX 8
-----
10 Behind-The-Scenes -> B1,B2,B3,B5,B6,B7,B9,B10,B11,B12
3 Stars of the Zone -> S2,S4,S5
0 Casting Call -> N/A
2 Autograph Cards -> DONNELLY RHODES (COLONEL BURT HALSEY - "THE HUNT")
SCOTT WILLIAM WINTERS (RANGER RANDY TURMAN - THE MOUNTAIN)
===============================================

OVERALL TALLY
-------------
Each box contained 2 checklists (Card #100), except Box 4 which only contained 1 checklist. the check veered from its usual format in that the autograph signers were not listed. In its place was a note to check the website for the list of signers.

Hypothetically, without duplication, my 8 boxes would have yielded 14 sets of 100 with 77 extras.
The actual count was 13 sets of 100, a 14th with 93/100, a 15th with 61/100 and 21 extras. Not bad, although 1 extra card per pack (6 cards/pack) would have resulted in 2 sets per box.

The "Behind the Scenes" insert level should have yielded 8 cards per box at the 1:5 odds. The "Stars of the Zone" insert level should have yielded 2 cards per box at the 1:20 odds. And the"Casting Call" insert level should have yielded 3 cards per case (1 per 4 boxes) at the 1:160 odds.

I don't remember if the original production box count wasmore than the current 4000. If it was, that would explain the additional insert cards being added per box/case, thus reducing the odds of:

Behind-The-Scenes (1:5 --> 1:4 packs)
Stars of the Zone (1:20 --> 1:13 packs)
Casting Call (1:160 --> 1:120 packs)

Either that or my boxes just came from a very lucky case. Smile

Hypothetically, without duplication, the "Behind the Scenes" inserts (at the new 1:4 odds) should yield 6 sets of 13 with 2 extras. The actual count was:
5 sets of 13 cards
a 6th set missing just one card (#5)
and 3 extras (#'s 1,6,10).

Hypothetically, without duplication, the "Stars of the Zone" inserts (at the new 1:13 odds) should yield 3 sets of 7 with 3 extras. The actual count was:
1 set of 7 cards
a 2nd set missing just one card (#7)
a 3nd set missing two cards (#'s 5,7)
a 2nd set missing three cards (#'s 2,3,5,7)
and 3 extras (#'s 4,6@2).

Hypothetically, without duplication, the "Casting Call" inserts (at the new 1:120 odds) should yield 1 set of 4 with 0 extras. The actual count was:
1st set with 3/4 (missing #DZ2 Nicole deBoer - Sarah Bannerman)
an extra DZ4 John L. Adams (Bruce Lewis)

The case toper card was the 5th and final card to complete the DZ insert level. They were number to 333.The case my boxes came from had one numbered 153/333.

If my luck had held I'd picked the box with 2 of the 3 missing autographs I needed:

Stephen Tobolowsky (Dr. Jim Pratt)
Alicia Coppola (Anita/Nicholas)
Kristen Dalton (Dana Bright) {Limited}

I doubted that the last card (Limited) was in the same case, nor can I be sure the other 2 were in the same box in one of the remaining 4 boxes (which were already destined for another customer). They might have been in separate boxes with other signer which I already had, but it was more likely than the 5th Limited being in the same case. Anyways, my card supplier should have more cases coming in, and there's always Dee's Show coming in a few days. Clap

Sooooooo.......to complete the Master Set for this series, (besides the 3 autographs mentioned above and DZ2) I just need the multi-case card (autograph card signed by by Robert Picardo), Big Grin

Yes, I did pick up the binder with the P3 promo card and autograph card signed by Rick Tae (Dr. Tran). Very disappointed that he signed his cards - R.

Kudos to Anthony Michael Hall for signing his very long name in full and fairly legibly, in one line no less. Thumb Up Thanks to Ally Sheedy and most of the signers as well. Thumb Up

Loved the card set and design. The "Behind the Scenes" cards were great with their insights into the making of the show. The "Stars of the Zone" foil-stamped inserts had a nice layout showing the various looks of the stars throughout the seasons (on the front) and info on their careers on the reverse.

My favorite insert level is a tie between the design of the autograph cards and the look/feel of the Casting Call acetate, number/stamped cards.

It was great that Adam Beach, Peter Wingfield, and Blu Mankuma were signers. Loved Adam Beach in "Windtalkers", "Third Watch" & "JAG". Peter Wingfield will always be Methos and one of the surving Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. I remember Blu Mankuma from "Forever Knight" and "Robocop - The Series".

It was nice that the number of signers was reduced (from the original number listed on the sell sheet) for the final release, as it made trying to complete a Master Set much easier logistically (and financially). Also, it was nice to know that Rittenhouse reduced the "Behind the Scenes" inserts from 32 --> 13 cards, as well as the original odds from 1:10 packs to the current 1:5 (and then 1:4 packs). It's nice to know that card companies listen to suggestions, comments and feedback from their customers and see how change inprove the final product.

Just hoping that the next series has lenticular motion cards which can show off the show's signature SFX morphing scenes. Smile

@@@ ScottEvil Cool

[ NOTE: Edit added last 3 paragraphs of comments. ]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
My wife wanted this set. I picked up a box at dee's show! Luckily, she got what she wanted!
10 Behind-The-Scenes -> B1,B2,B3,B4,B5,B6,B8,B11,B12,B13
2 Stars of the Zone -> S3,S7
1 Casting Call ->DZ4 388/600
2 Autograph Cards -> ANTHONY MICHAEL HALL (JOHNNY SMITH) {LIMITED} Big Grin Big Grin
JULIE PATZWALD (JILL DEER - "ENEMY MIND")

This message has been edited. Last edited by: barobehere,

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
SWEET! I was hoping you'd get a good box for her since she let you come to the show and all Smile

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
In regards to the initial post:
quote:
This message has been edited. Last edited by: xSaBx, November 09, 2004 05:00 AM

Okay... What's going on? Why was the post edited and what was edited?

[And for those wondering, the NOTE in the initial post regarding the edit was when I had [i]originally[/] been the (only and) last edit of my own post.]

@@@ ScottEvil Cool

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MiniMe:
Okay... What's going on? Why was the post edited and what was edited?

Your title wasn't in the correct format, that's all. No need to bust a gut, young MiniMeister... I do that kind of edit about one in every three or four posts... Big Grin

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Okay... What's going on? Why was the post edited and what was edited? - MiniMe

Your title wasn't in the correct format, that's all. No need to bust a gut, young MiniMeister... I do that kind of edit about one in every three or four posts... Big Grin --- xSaBx

OK. It just seemed odd in that the title's format looks the same as when it was first posted. And after the first/last time you did something like that many months back(I believe you stated you didn't like the upper/lower case of the title), I been making sure not to deviate for subsequent post titles.

Also, if you make an edit to a post that I had already added a note to explain an edit I made myself, please make a notation. Otherwise anyone reading the post's note that I wrote may (wrongly) assume that you wrote it. Thank you.

@@@ ScottEvil Cool

Picture of KAZ
posted Hide Post
It's one of my favourite show so I take 2 boxes.

1st Box
Behind the scenes B1-B2-B3-B5-B6-B7-B9-B10-B11-B12
Star of the zone S3-S5-S7
Casting call DZ4
Autos Julie petzwald and Kristen Dalton Bouncey

2nd box
Behind the scenes B1-B2-B3-B5-B6-B7-B9-B10-B11-B12
Star of the zone S3-S5-S7
Casting call DZ3
Autos Julie petzwald and Peter Wingfield Big Grin

So except the double in behind the scenes,stars of the zone and Julie Petzwald auto it's a good breakdown .

Posts: 176 | Location: lyon, FRANCE | Registered: December 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just to point it out. Ione Skye was originally anounced as a signer. Obviously something happened where she didn't sign. Frown
I think that is why the checklist refers you to the website for signers.

Posts: 48 | Location: Portage,Mi,usa | Registered: September 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Bummer about Ione Sky not signing,her and AMH were the ones I really would of liked to have gotten.

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Out of four boxes I pulled

Alicia Coppola
Donnelly Rhodes
2 Julie Patzwald
2 Peter Wingfield
2 Scott William Winters

DZ2 Nicole DeBoer 192/600 Smile
DZ3 Chris Bruno 331/600

Not my best pulls..but it happens.

Picked up Adams and Dalton Luv You autograph from ebay.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Got 2 boxes.....
pulled 4 autos

Alicia Coppolla
2 others (Can't remember)
Anthony Micheal Hall......
Well Happy!!!!

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Received my box,and yielded the following...

set=1
2nd set missing 15 cards

Stars=S2,5,7
Behind/Scenes=B1-4,6,8,10-13

autos=
Stephen Tobolowsky
Anthony Michael Hall Metal

I really liked the design of the base commons.Although mine were misscut enough that they will not fit into my hinge-box without damaging the cards.

"nuff said"

Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Patdata
posted Hide Post
One base set plus lots of extras
Behind the Scenes B1,2,5,6,7,9,10,11,12
Stars of the Dead Zone S1 and S3
Casting Call DZ3 Clap
Autos Ally Sheedy Clap
Adam Beach

Interestingly, I got one pack that could be considered a ‘hot’ pack. In it was the Ally Sheedy auto the DZ3 and B12. Was this the norm?

Posts: 1098 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
It may have been, my wife pulled the Anthony Micheal Hall and the DZ4 casting call card out of the same pack.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
I was not as lucky,I only pulled the Hall auto and a base insert.

"nuff said"

Alice Cooper

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of jademaliburoad
posted Hide Post
Seems already lucky to me to have pulled AM Hall auto card Smile

Posts: 1188 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Brimaster
posted Hide Post
Opened the box my secret santa gave me.

The breakdown was:

Box 3217 of 4000

Base set - 1
Behind the Scenes - B2,B4,B5,B6,B7,B8,B9,B11,B12,B13
Stars of the Dead - S1,S3
Casting Call - None
Autographs - Stephen Tobolowsky and Anthony Michael Hall

Posts: 855 | Location: Somewhere | Registered: April 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post