Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Island Dreams 2012
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Island Dreams 2012
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Received my pack today. It contained a set of the base cards and these two sketches from Pablo Diaz (right) and Buckshot (left).

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are my 2 packs...

And they were!!!

Here are my pulls:
Johnny Segura/Joseph Miller
EISU
Nestor Celario Jr.

And this 4x6...awesome card!!!
Kat Laurange

Posts: 67 | Location: Catawissa, PA | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
I've not been shy in telling you folks that I'm a big fan of these independently produced sets. These sets are usually the brainchild of one or two of the artists and it seems like they then get their friends into the project as well. As such these tend to be labors of love and the artwork is normally far superior to that found in regular sets. I came home from work and found this quite large box sitting on the kitchen counter waiting for me. Once I saw who it was from I was kind of surprised how large the box was as I had only ordered 10 sets. Well once I busted the box I found out why the box was so large. Inside the box were these beautiful oversized packs. The packs are approximately 6" x 9" and each pack has a nice illustration on the front and the back has a small write-up about the charity. Each pack is sealed is a stunning illustrated label. Now the fun doesn't stop here as inside the pack is cardboard folder which is also illustrated front and back and on the inside contains another illustration along with a detailed write-up about the charity. The actual cards along with the sketches are inserted into a team bag which is attached to the folder.

The 15 card base set is very colorful and Trev Murphy has the honor of being card number 1 and his baby orangutan in the beach print shirt is a blast. I missed these last year, but was lucky enough to catch them this time around. Hope you enjoy the scans.

Jim Ferguson, Diane Wickes, Francios Chartier
Francios Chartier, Neil Makohon, Walter D. Rice Jr.
Johnny Segurra, Emily Riggsby, Walter D. Rice Jr.

Steve Lydic, Neil Makohan, Jesse Hughes
Fraim Bros., Randy Kintz, Vince Sunico
Jesse Hughes

?, Jim Ferguson, Ashliegh Popplewell
Scott Ethan Glenn, Jesse Hughes, Elias Chong
Jason Shoemaker, Dianne Wickes

CD Redemption Cards

4 x 6 Vanessa Farano and Anthony Hochrein

The top Francios Chartier is super thick and the cut contains colored sand. The first Neil Makohan contains what appears to be a vintage coin, such as you might find if you were beachcombing. Not sure how the Star Wars card got into this set, but whoever the artist was they signed the card in gold pen.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Arvin Sloane,

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think the 'colored sand' is actually silver. . .

And you pulled at least one autograph, perhaps two. . .

You really killed it out of 10 packs.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also, Walter D, is Walter D Rice, and the first ? is Randy Kintz. Not sure on the 2nd. . .

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My two packs completed their journey across the Atlantic this morning and I have to say I am very pleased with the contents. I pulled a total of five sketches including one of the special 4" x 6" pieces. Hanie Mohd is one of my favourite artists, so very happy to find one of her cards and the Crane by Tim Proctor is gorgeous Smile

Hanie Mohd, Stephan 'Dangerskillz' Lynch
Tim Proctor, Jason Roussel
4" x 6" by Johnny Segura

If anyone has one of Hanie's 4" x 6" sketches that they'd like to trade, please let me know.

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do have a Hanie 4 x 6 left that I pulled. It's posted on NSCF if you are on there, or it's the Mermaid card posted on the Island Dreams' site. Drop me an email if you're interested.

Nice pulls!

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I got eight packs and think it's one of the best sets of the year Thumb Up .

Tim Proctor,Neil Makaohon, Steve Lydic.

Jay(identified by the artist himself Thumb Up ),Lak Lim,???.

????,Kimberley Dunaway,Erin Kohut.

Vanessa "Banksy" Farano,Dan Gorman,Kat Laurange.

Hanie Mohd,Bianca Thompson,BOO.

Trev Murphy Eek .

Those are the 16 normal size sketches I pulled.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Triple-Frog,

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The next three are all 6 x 4 and the last card is a super thick "coin" card.

Joseph Miller,Stephan Lynch,Jim Ferguson.

Not sure who sketch is by.Any help with identifications much appreciated Thumb Up .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
The next three are all 6 x 4 and the last card is a super thick "coin" card.

Joseph Miller,Stephan Lynch,Jim Ferguson.

Not sure who sketch is by.Any help with identifications much appreciated Thumb Up .

Hi,

My name is Juan Rosales, and I'm the person who drew the relic card that you pulled. I'm pretty much just a lurker on this site and I clicked on this thread, and I was surprised (and excited) to see that someone pulled my card.

Anyway, I hope the card came out okay. Those relics were a challenge to create!

Posts: 2 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: September 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Juan,It's a great card Thumb Up .

Well done to you for rising to the challenge and also to Marty for thinking up such an innovative card Clap .

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Hi Juan,It's a great card Thumb Up .

Well done to you for rising to the challenge and also to Marty for thinking up such an innovative card Clap .

Thank you so much, and I'm glad you like the card.

It was a lot of fun to do, but at the time I wasn't really familiar with using color. I did some Jimmy Buffett signature cards for the set too, but those were done in black and white, so the relic card was a bit out of my comfort zone.

Posts: 2 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: September 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of Jesse Hughes
posted Hide Post
Wow, Arvin! You managed to pull no less than 3 of my goofy-*** cards! XD

Posts: 2 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I acquired 4 packs and as well as the basic sets of 15 cards in each pack I also received 3 6x4 sketches and 9 standard size sketches.

The 6x4 sketches were as follows:-

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Dreek Owen

Jesse Hughes

Denae Frazier

The standard size sketches were as follows:-

Bukshot

Gary Kezele

Leigh Ann Corley

Marlo Lodrigueza

and another from Marlo Lodrigueza

Remy "EISU" Makhtar

Scott Ethan Glenn

Tom Krohne

Clinton Yeager

A very pleasing bunch of sketches.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post