Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Women of Marvel (Rittenhouse Archives)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Women of Marvel (Rittenhouse Archives)
 Login/Join

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Star*Mystyk:
I got another box today.

Inserts:
T7, T8
S13, S14, S15, S16
E9

I can't identify the character on the sketch card. It's by Lui Antonio, and in the upper right-hand corner it says The Mighty Avengers.
The character has long black hair, white eyes, wearing a dark blue sleeveless, skin tight bodysuit...swimsuit, perhaps. The artist has shaded parts of her left arm and chest in a silver, maybe to give the effect of metal.

I'll get an image up when a digital camera owner comes home Wink

There's no link on the Rittenhouse website for this artist, though he did 199.

Cool

Could be the new female ultron

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
Here's an image. Maybe it's water not metal.

Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Star*Mystyk,

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoeyUK
posted Hide Post
Just finished sorting my box and here's what i got:

Box number 1929
1 base set
E4 (Daredevil & Elektra)
Swimsuits 12, 13 & 14 (I got She hulk! Big Grin)
Embossed 1 & 2
Sketch card by Midos Santos but i don't know who its of, i'll try get a scan up in a bit.

Its got to be said that this set is AMAZING!! RA have done a fantastic job with this - everything, quality of cards, quality of images on cards, good variety of inserts.
Just mindblowingly awesome! a definate 10/10 and a must have for all card collectors.
Metal

Posts: 460 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi I saw a card reccently of Cat Staggs and I think it's a female version of Captain America..... it's on page 2 in the scans on RA's webisite and it's in the middle....
Would I be right in thinking it is Captain America????

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KADRAN00157:
Hi I saw a card reccently of Cat Staggs and I think it's a female version of Captain America..... it's on page 2 in the scans on RA's webisite and it's in the middle....
Would I be right in thinking it is Captain America????

KADRAN00157

I believe that's American Dream from the MC2 version of the Marvel Universe.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
Got another box today, and have two more on the way.
I haven't gone through all the inserts yet, but the sketch card was Storm by Steven Miller. The one I found on eBay had her with a tanned face, but mine has pale skin color.
I'm happy that I figured out the artist and character all by myself Big Grin

When the other two boxes arrive I'll post them all up with images.

By the way, does anyone know the character in the sketch I posted above?

Edit:
Here's an image of the latest sketch card from todays box.

I'm happy I got a Storm, though.

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:

By the way, does anyone know the character in the sketch I posted above?

http://homepage.mac.com/nexyjo/ultron.jpg
http://www.gorillapublishing.com/images/ultron04.jpg

I think barobehere was correct in his guess if your card is compared to the pics I found for the female Ulton.

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
I wasn't sure if the silver/blue was water or metal. I remember seeing that character while sorting base sets but thought nothing of it. Seeing those two images though, I'll go with the female Ultron as well. I'm no expert so will take the advice of anyone who knows better Wink

Thanks!

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Raj Smile
Thanks for clearing it up Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
quote:
I got another box today.

Inserts:
T7, T8
S13, S14, S15, S16
E9

I can't identify the character on the sketch card. It's by Lui Antonio, and in the upper right-hand corner it says The Mighty Avengers.
The character has long black hair, white eyes, wearing a dark blue sleeveless, skin tight bodysuit...swimsuit, perhaps. The artist has shaded parts of her left arm and chest in a silver, maybe to give the effect of metal.

I'll get an image up when a digital camera owner comes home Wink

There's no link on the Rittenhouse website for this artist, though he did 199.

Cool

Could be the new female ultron

It is the new female Ultron, from the first arc of the Mighty Avengers (#1-6).

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
My last two boxes arrived. I'd like more, but I don't know when that'll be yet.
If you haven't guessed already, this is my favourite set so far this year Big Grin

In all after buying 10 boxes I still don't have a full set of Embossed or Embrace inserts Frown

Here are the sketches from the two boxes. Not sure on the first character, though as she has tiger markings I assume Tigra. Second one, going by the phoenix in the background and the green bodysuit I assume Jean Grey or her other persona.

Artist: Dave Fox
Character: Tigra ?

Artist: Andy Price
Character: Phoenix Force - Card #1 of 2

Frown I only looked at the back of the Phoenix card when pulling from the binder to send to a buyer yesterday. Today another eBayer told me he has the other card...well, ****.
I've two more boxes on the way so will certainly be paying more attention to what, if anything, is written on the back and what's going on on the front. I only saw the red arm after I sold it Frown

Edited to add in commentary above

Picture of Forever Man
posted Hide Post
Box 1446

No Base set Frown Missing 3 cards

Embrace #1

Embossed 7 and 8 Same as the ones in my first box Twak

Swimsuit 3,10,11,12,13

Sketch....No Sketch Mad Could this box have been any worse..Honestly! I have 5 swimsuit inserts instead of 4 i think that's what took the sketches place.And i was so looking forward to this box Frown

http://s155.photobucket.com/al...7/Shootingstarpress/
For Her I Can Be A Hero!

Posts: 158 | Location: Somewhere In Time | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
If I were you I would save all the wrappers and box and contact the manufacturer. Let them know you didn't receive a sketch right away. I would be upset too if there were no sketch in the box.

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Forever Man
posted Hide Post
I am in contact with amy from rittenhouse.So hopefully everything turns out well.

For Her I Can Be A Hero!

Posts: 158 | Location: Somewhere In Time | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Forever Man
posted Hide Post
Pulled this nice enchantress by Eduardo Ferrara

Then picked these up on a trade

For Her I Can Be A Hero!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of comicbookfan
posted Hide Post
I got a 13th box of WOM to go with my box of stargate season 10 back in July hoping it would be lucky 13. I was happy with the Dark Phoenix by Cezar Razek sketch I pulled. I had box # 2435 and besides Phoenix pulled embrace e1, embossed cards 7 & 8; Swimsuit cards 2, 3, 4, 5.

Adding scan of sketch cards.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: comicbookfan,

Posts: 1089 | Location: florida | Registered: December 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Opened 1 box.

Domino by Ricardo Ratton

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Forever Man
posted Hide Post
Nice pull on the ratton.I think he is a very good artist.

For Her I Can Be A Hero!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
Forever Man: Enchantress and White Queen are my favourite ones. I bought a nice Enchantress by Uko Smith on Feebay recently. I was surprised, actually, that the seller accepted my offer.
Now to find a nice White Queen Smile

The ones I do want (one is an Enchantress by Allen) I bet the owners are not parting with them, for obvious reasons.

I've another box on the way Roll Eyes In my previous box I got She Hulk by Kristin Allen.

As long as dealers have boxes I'll still be buying, no doubt

Picture of Forever Man
posted Hide Post
Star*Mystyk-White queen is my favorite also and i think kristin allen is one of my favorite artists.There is an awesome marvel masterpiece by allen of the white queen on the bay that i'm going to try and get but we'll see.Way to go on the she hulk though Thumb Up Hopefully i can snag another wom box it seems they are getting harder to get hopefully my dealer still has a few!

For Her I Can Be A Hero!