Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Women of Marvel (Rittenhouse Archives)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Women of Marvel (Rittenhouse Archives)
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:

Okay, I searched her out... that's Venus Dee Milo

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Venus_Dee_Milo

The X-Men sure have gotten weird since I stopped reading them. lol

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
Time to share...

These are the 6 sketches I got. Feel free to fill in the blanks or make corrections. Periodically I look on eBay to see if anything matches what I don't know.

Artist: Michael Jason Paz
Character: Sue Richards/Invisible Woman

Artist: Justin Vandemark
Character: Psylocke

Artist: Cat Staggs
Character: Spiderwoman

Artist: William O'Neill
Character: Crystal

Artist: Andy Price
Character: Kitty Pryde

Artist: Joe Rubinstein
Character: Nova/Tigra/Magma ?

Cool

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Star*Mystyk,

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
First one is Michael Jason Paz and with the classic blond hair I think it's Sue Storm

4th one I think is William O'Neil and that character is Crystal.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Box 1 - short 19 cards for a base set
Box 2 - 1 base set, but not enough to help the 1st box complete a base set

Very disappointing.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
The Andy Price in StarMystyk's breakdown is of Kitty Pryde with her pet dragon, Lockheed.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
Thanks Smile Edited my post.

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Star*Mystyk:

Artist: Joe Rubinstein
Character: Nova/Tigra/Magma ?

Cool

That might be an old character that thought that Adam Warlock was her perfect mate since he was perfect as well... eventhough he was dead at the time. lol

If I remember the comics correctly she just went by the name of "She" and it was a three part story in which Moondragon aided her thinking she was a goddess and they fought Starhawk and the Thing.

George Perez might have done the covers.

Did some searching. This is the character I remember...

quote:
Originally known as Paragon, Kismet was created artificially by the Enclave in their Citadel of Science ("the Beehive"), their second attempt (the first being Him, later known as Adam Warlock) to create a super-powerful being under their control. "Born" before being fully formed, Paragon appeared as a muscular male figure. Paragon battled the Hulk, then overrode the Enclave's control and sunk their Beehive headquarters before incubating itself in a cocoon much like Warlock often would.[1]
When she emerged from the cocoon in her more familiar blonde-haired, golden-skinned form she was dressed scantily-clad only in a red swimsuit-like costume. As a female replicant of Warlock, she took the name of Her (a reference to Warlock's original name of "Him") and sought Warlock out to mate with him. However, Warlock had died some years earlier, traveling a short time into the future to steal his own soul with his Soul Gem in a twisted suicide. Confident she would be able to revive him, she manages to restore and reanimate his body, but with his mind and soul missing, she was forced to sadly return him to his grave. She set out to explore the cosmos to find a possible mate.[2]
She helped the ecologically ravaged planet U'sr'pr recover, invoking the wrath of the Consortium. She was called by the natives J'ridia Starduster.[3] Later, she was aided by Alpha Flight and the Avengers, against the Consortium.[4]
Some time after beginning her quest to find Warlock, she discovered that Warlock had been resurrected body and soul - but caring nothing for her, he rejects her, leaving her sobbing on the ground. After this, she held a "competition" among some of the most powerful men on Earth, attaching reproductive pods to their necks to see how they would react. She selected Quasar, Hercules, Wonder Man, Hyperion, Doc Samson, and Forgotten One for this task. She battled Quasar, and was attacked by Jack of Hearts, but was saved by Quasar from Moondragon. As Quasar was the only one who did not destroy his pod, she turns her attentions to him for a time, until his girlfriend Kayla Ballantine (in possession of the Star Brand) severely beat her and forced her to return to cocoon form to heal. However, she decided to become Quasar's companion for a time.[5]
Around this time, she examines the other heroes of Earth, judging them on mating status. For example, she rejects the men of the X-Men, as their genetic structure makes them too unstable. She also helps Quasar out in Operation: Galactic Storm, battling Starbolt,[6] and willingly guarding the Star Gates that, by their very operation, threaten Earth's existence. This does not go well, as she becomes involved in a fight with Binary, and also the Super-Skrull.[7] Soon after the war, she became engulfed by the Soul-Eater, and was rescued by Quasar.[8]
During her adventures with Quasar she took the name Kismet, after the Arabic for fate. She battled the Black Fleet destroying the planet Scadam.[9]
Later still, she changed her name again, this time to Ayesha. During this time, she was under the control of Crucible on Genosha.[10]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Redemption,

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:

Okay, I searched her out... that's Venus Dee Milo

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Venus_Dee_Milo

The X-Men sure have gotten weird since I stopped reading them. lol

It was pretty awesome when Mike Allred was drawing it!

Posts: 55 | Location: NY | Registered: September 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Allison  Sohn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Fox:

It was pretty awesome when Mike Allred was drawing it!

Agreed! I love Allred's run on the title.

Posts: 172 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: November 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rectz
posted Hide Post
can anybody enlighten me.. as to who this is.. and also the artist...

for some reason i feel dissapointed..but thats because i probably never followed the womens of marvel as much...

but either way happy i got my first colored sketch card !!!!..

thanks you in advance.. !!!

Posts: 64 | Location: vancouver/b.c./canada | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
That would be Crystal of the Inhumans as done by Uko Smith.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
Redemption: I've seen three on eBay and they all say different characters, so that's why I'm not sure exactly who it is. So, her name is She?

Thanks Smile

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Star*Mystyk:
Redemption: I've seen three on eBay and they all say different characters, so that's why I'm not sure exactly who it is. So, her name is She?

Thanks Smile

Nope, I got that wrong... she was called Her at one point. She started out as Paragon... moved on to Her... then it was J'ridia Starduster... then Kismet... and the last time it was Ayesha according to the article I read.

For such a perfect being she certainly can't make up her mind lol

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Well, it is a SHE (or HER) Smokin'

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let's keep this thread on topic: Box Breakdowns.

As part of keeping this thread on topic I have removed some posts that were totally unrelated to the topic.

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of ghostrider666
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
Box 1 - short 19 cards for a base set
Box 2 - 1 base set, but not enough to help the 1st box complete a base set

Very disappointing.

I had the same thing with 1 of my boxes, not even close to a complete set, like 2 1/2 sets. Overall, Im still super pleased with the release though.

Posts: 1495 | Location: Hbg Pa USA | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
RA guarantees a complete base set in a box. Just email their customer service department and I'm sure they'll tell you what they need from you to get your cards.

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rectz:
can anybody enlighten me.. as to who this is.. and also the artist...

for some reason i feel dissapointed..but thats because i probably never followed the womens of marvel as much...

but either way happy i got my first colored sketch card !!!!..

thanks you in advance.. !!!

Beautiful card!! I was going to post that it was done by Uko Smith but someone beat me to it. I guess I should be around more often. Razz

To keep on topic.. here are my box breakdowns.

I bought two of them so here's box one:

Base set
T7, T9
S14, S15, S16, S17 (not a bad looking lot lol)
E9
and the color sketch card is of 'Shanna' done by Mcleod (I think his first name is Bob but I can't remember- I'm hoping I got the spelling of his last name correct.)

Box two:

Base set
T1, T2
S1, S2, S3, S18
E1 (Rogue and Gambit- my favorite pairing!!)
and the sketch card for this box is of, I think, 'Jubilee' done by Dan Campos??? (not quite sure of this one, either)

I checked RA's site so I do know the names if I wrote them down so that I could post it, but alas, I didn't. I just don't know if the character of my second sketch card is of 'Jubilee' or not.

I'll post pics very soon and... all my cards except for one base set and the 'Embrace' cards are up for trade. I'll have to post a list up in the trades section as well.

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Brimaster
posted Hide Post
I decided to check out the set so I just did one box.

Box 2437 of 8000

1 Base set
Swimsuit - 13,14,15,16
Embossed - 5,6
Embrace - 4
Sketch card - Shanna the shedevil by Steve Miller

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Brimaster,

Posts: 855 | Location: Somewhere | Registered: April 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
Well, it is a SHE (or HER) Smokin'

Yea... although "she" started out in a manish form. Big Grin

Found a pic of "Her" as Kismet...