Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Women of Marvel (Rittenhouse Archives)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Women of Marvel (Rittenhouse Archives)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
the joe rubinstein might be moondragon.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Trying to load card again. Anyone know the
artist and character.

Thanks

Posts: 34 | Location: Richmond, Va | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
From following the link, the card is a Matthew Goodmanson and I think it is Mystique, but it could also be an Atlantean character of some kind- I am not so good with Marvel characters.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of gabfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snkeeyes9:

Trying to load card again. Anyone know the
artist and character.

Thanks

snkeeyes9 use the img code on your photobucket and not the share code to get the pic to show up. Here is the picture of the card. I agree with cordelichase_fan i think its Mystique too.

My site is up finally!!!!
Darkslayer's Trading Page

Posts: 1241 | Location: USA | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
All those sketches look great! Certainly looking forward to my boxes arriving. I'd tossed up whether to just open one, but I don't think I can do that, now Wink
Mine should be here next week, and I'll certainly post images.

Cool

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gabfan:
quote:
Originally posted by snkeeyes9:
[IMG:left]
Thanks

I agree with cordelichase_fan i think its Mystique too.

Actually, Val was correct...not in stating that it was Mystique, but thinking it could be an Atlantean...it is Lady Dorma, Namor's cousin/lover/wife (they must be from the SOUTH seas Wink)

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CordeliaChase_Fan, gabfan, and igman7 - Thanks for all your help. This is a great set and I am getting two more boxes. Finally a set worth the money.

Scott

Posts: 34 | Location: Richmond, Va | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of ghostrider666
posted Hide Post
Wow, what a bunch of obscure marvel characters. I love it!

Ok, I'm a big-time Marvel zombie, so here goes;

The blue chick above is Lady Dorma.

From Mdelbene's post.
The character by Dan Day is NOT Ms Marvel. Its a Spider-woman. Theres been about 50. She was 1 of the many villians. Short lived, used in the late 90s.

I think the Auriema character is Nemesis. A mutant from the 80s. A member of Alpha Flight.

That is a sketch of Sue Storm, the Invisable WOman.

The character by Uko Smith looks to be Misty Knight, in her 70s clothes. She hung around with Luke Cage & Iron Fist & carried a gun.

I cant place the character by Cooney, yet. It looks exactly like Spider-Woman (Drew) with a different colored uniform (In Hydra colors) could be a clone, imposter. Im thinking there was a story line where Hydra made another like Drew, but made sure this one would stay loya to Hydra. Not sure, gotta think onit.

Posts: 1495 | Location: Hbg Pa USA | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ghostrider666:
Wow, what a bunch of obscure marvel characters. I love it!

Ok, I'm a big-time Marvel zombie, so here goes;

The blue chick above is Lady Dorma.

From Mdelbene's post.
The character by Dan Day is NOT Ms Marvel. Its a Spider-woman. Theres been about 50. She was 1 of the many villians. Short lived, used in the late 90s.

I think the Auriema character is Nemesis. A mutant from the 80s. A member of Alpha Flight.

That is a sketch of Sue Storm, the Invisable WOman.

The character by Uko Smith looks to be Misty Knight, in her 70s clothes. She hung around with Luke Cage & Iron Fist & carried a gun.

I cant place the character by Cooney, yet. It looks exactly like Spider-Woman (Drew) with a different colored uniform (In Hydra colors) could be a clone, imposter. Im thinking there was a story line where Hydra made another like Drew, but made sure this one would stay loya to Hydra. Not sure, gotta think onit.

Thanks for the help.

Check-Out-My-Cards ID: BigI929Deals

Posts: 113 | Location: SW PA | Registered: January 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW - with all the talk about this, I thought there'd be more than 10 or so breaks posted.

Posts: 113 | Location: SW PA | Registered: January 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
its an expensive product, and a lot of people have been sorta taped on sketch cards as of late. Its sad too, becouse RA really has turned out an amazingly nice product.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Many of us had to get boxes where we could find them pre-release so we have to wait while the dealers ship them out. I know it'll be at least another week or maybe 2 before my case arrives. At least I'm hoping it won't be any longer than that.
I expect well see a lot more breaks starting in the next week or so as people start getting their boxes.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is Rittenhouse's policy/procedure for missing insert cards?

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
I just opened my case and one of the boxes is missing the silver seal with the box # on it? Is this a mistake from the factory or is this anything special. It's the first time I've recieved something without a # on it. Any ideas?

Posts: 575 | Location: USA | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Hal - the stickers are put on by hand so it's not unreasonable to think that they just missed one (or two, cause you know someone else will post mine was missing one tooooooo) We are all human after all, except those damn Klingons!

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi_Collector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Over_Worked_Mom:
Hal - the stickers are put on by hand so it's not unreasonable to think that they just missed one (or two, cause you know someone else will post mine was missing one tooooooo) We are all human after all, except those damn Klingons!

I had 3 that didn't have stickers, the funny part is, I had one box that had the sticker on the wrong side of the box. It wasn't where the opening is.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
Did anyone find an archive box here?

Posts: 575 | Location: USA | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The last 6 boxes we were able to scrounge up yeilded the following wonderful sketches:

Artist: Dan Cooney
Character: Snowbird

Artist: Andre Toma
Character: Invisible Woman

Artist: William O’Neill (maybe)
Character: Black Cat

Artist: Alexandre Starling
Character: Black Cat (Gato Negro)

Artist: Rich Molinelli
Character: Magik

Artist: Steve Miller
Character: Tigra

Only real dissapointment is that from 18 boxes we were not able to complete a Embraced set. Missing E-6.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
I cracked my 1/2 case of The Women of Marvel. This is a great set. Rittenhouse pulled out all the plugs on this one.

• 17 of 18 Swimsuit Cards (with several extras).
  • 8 of 9 Embossed Cards (with several extras)
  • 6 of 9 Embrace Cards (these are BEAUTIFUL)

And of Course my sketches and the Adam Hughes Auto Case Card I picked up. I love all of the sketches I pulled!! Big Grin

By cverdec at 2008-04-12

• Blink by Mark Dos Santos (of 550)
  • Invisble Woman by Jim Kyle (of 202)
  • Spder-Woman by Andy Price (of 460)
  • Phoenix (I think) by Alexandre Starling (of 155)
  • Thundra by Uko Smith (of 616)
  • The Black Queen by Eddie Vieira (of 200)

A BIG THANK YOU to all the artists and Rittenhouse for making this an awesome set!!!
Clap Elephant Bouncey

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cardster
posted Hide Post
2 boxes and 2 nice sketches.

Well done RA on another great set !!

Anyone know who the character is, in the second sketch ?

Posts: 473 | Location: UK | Registered: April 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post