Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Women of Marvel (Rittenhouse Archives)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Women of Marvel (Rittenhouse Archives)
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
I'm drooling for that Firebird sketch myself.

Has that character gained in popularity? When I was collecting she wasn't all that popular so I'm surprised to see so many sketches of her.

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of alfster
posted Hide Post
Got my box when this product first came out. Box # 280

E1 Rogue and Gambit
Bubble cards: S15 to S18
Embossed: T1 and T2

Andy Price

For without Blood there is no Power.
Where is my Power?.
My Power is with the Blood of Souls,
Flowing like a river into my veins giving me my Power.
I will not lose my Power until my Soul looses me.

A.S.

Posts: 167 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just won a sketch card on the bay auction number 260234316513 that the seller did not know the artist for.

Looking at previous box breaks on page one the same mystery artist was pulled by Mdelbene (Firebird), Tevans 333 (Mystique),and Kevin LePore (Jean Grey).

Anyone know who it is Confused .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Eduardo Ferrara (257)

The signature reads Ferrara so I'm going to guess it's him.

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MadCow
posted Hide Post
alfster, that's my favorite sketch i've seen from this set so far. NICE PULL! Metal

Posts: 134 | Location: Lakewood, NJ | Registered: March 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am SO excited! I lucked out for sure!

First I pulled

Then, stuck to the back was

So. Excited!

I also got a complete base set, S7-S10, T5 & T6, and E8 (Rogue and Wolverine).

JF

Posts: 56 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
Got a box on ebay of this (pretty sure it was from a member of NSU, too) and it arrived today.

Very nice base set; really like the card stock, too. Was hoping for a Black Widow sketch (my favorite). Didn't get a Black Widow, but very happy with the cute sketch I did receive.

Here is what I got:

E2 Capt. America and Scarlet Witch

S1 Black Cat
S2 Black Widow Big Grin
S3 Domino and Val Copper
S4 Elektra

T1 Black Cat
T2 Black Widow Big Grin

And the sketch:

Fun sketch of Storm by Andy Price!

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
those andy price sketches sure are sweet
however i believe that magik sketch jedifarfy pulled
is my favorite sketch from this set so far

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
GOD, I LOVE THAT MAGIK SKETCH!!!! i loved the new mutants, that was my favorite book of all time, bar none! You really hit the jackpot on that one! congrats big time. Great painted sketch!

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Forever Man
posted Hide Post
Well i couldn't pass this up so i had to try a box.Very very nice.My box yielded this

Embossed #'s 7 and 8
Swimsuit #'s 4,5,6 and 7
Couples #7
1 complete set
1 Sketch

Anyone know who it is?

Thanks!

http://s155.photobucket.com/al...7/Shootingstarpress/
For Her I Can Be A Hero!

Posts: 158 | Location: Somewhere In Time | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sittin9duck:
Kristin Allen / Snowbird

I like that one Thumb Up
Been trying to collect Snowbird and White Queen sketches, not much luck so far, only one White Queen. Snowbird (no matter who the artist) must be a popular one.

Cool

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Forever Man:
Well i couldn't pass this up so i had to try a box.Very very nice.My box yielded this

Embossed #'s 7 and 8
Swimsuit #'s 4,5,6 and 7
Couples #7
1 complete set
1 Sketch

Anyone know who it is?

Thanks!

I think the character is Scorpion.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Forever Man
posted Hide Post
Thanks triple frog Thumb Up

http://s155.photobucket.com/al...7/Shootingstarpress/
For Her I Can Be A Hero!

Posts: 158 | Location: Somewhere In Time | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I got a box and a half and got these 2 sketches, pretty unusual characters I think, as I've not seen any others of these two ladies.
Obviously ths Simons is CRIMSOM COWL since he was nice enough to label it.
Does anyone happen to know who the character drawn by Cooney is? I think she's from the 70's or early 80's, and is maybe part of a team. Any ideas, merry Marvelites?

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
she looks like she may be a character called mantis. she was in the old avengers during the '70's.

Posts: 25 | Location: richmond , va | Registered: February 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Got six boxes of this at the weekend......
Where do I begin???????
Let's start with the base set......
A very cool base set with some very cool art on the cards, well impressed and I give it an A
The chase......
Swimsuit cards were well done and vey good.... the droplets were a unique touch wich worked for me and I managed to get a complete set, this set gets an A
Embossed set..... worked well and the choice of artists worked too, I made a set and this gets an A
The E cards...... Worked wonders and had an awesome feel about them and it works!!!!! This gets an A
The case cards.....
The Case Loader is an Adam Hughes Autograph card and is nice, giving it an A and yep I got one thanks too Millhouse Smile Smile
The Multicase card is a Warren Martineck Sketch card, from what I have seen of these, they look cool and he is an awesome artist, I will give it a B on the basis I don't have one
The Multi Multi case card, a 5 by 7 Painted Sketch by Alison Sohn, again from what I have seen, the artwork looks cool and she is an awesome artist, will give it a B on the basis I don't have one
Sketch Cards..... I was very hesitant at the sketches at first because I had gotten my companies mixed up Frown Frown Frown
The six Sketches I got were very good quality and I liked them all..... For sketches I am giving this an A
On the whole as a product...... RA get an A for this set and a possible contender for card set of the year Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi all sketch traders,

I am collecting the Gabe Hernandez portrait sketch cards (ones where he has just drawn the face)from this set. If you have any for trade contact me. I have extra women of marvel sketches and DC legacy sketches I'm willing to exchange.

Thanks in advance, and happy pulling!

Posts: 7 | Location: CT | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Please keep trading posts in the trading sections.

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I did all my base sets form the 6 boxes I got and managed to make 7 Base sets and was missing seven cards for an 8th set Smile
That is pretty good going Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
I got another box today.

Inserts:
T7, T8
S13, S14, S15, S16
E9

I can't identify the character on the sketch card. It's by Lui Antonio, and in the upper right-hand corner it says The Mighty Avengers.
The character has long black hair, white eyes, wearing a dark blue sleeveless, skin tight bodysuit...swimsuit, perhaps. The artist has shaded parts of her left arm and chest in a silver, maybe to give the effect of metal.

I'll get an image up when a digital camera owner comes home Wink

There's no link on the Rittenhouse website for this artist, though he did 199.

Cool

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post