Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Yearbox 2006 (Strictly Ink)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Yearbox 2006 (Strictly Ink)
 Login/Join
 
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
My boxes arrived and they are 34, 35, 149 and 162.

3 boxes contain 2 sketches and 1 contain just 1. Of the 4 boxes, just got 2 costume cards. Casino chip were all present. Some boxes also missing the Diana Rigg auto and I will let Barrie know of the missing cards. Autos are all from the Avengers which is very very disappointing!!!

Anyway, I am sure you guys want to know what sketches I pulled and here they are.








____________________
Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

 
Posts: 1439 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice Sketches Cardz House Smile

KADRAN00157
 
Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
Well done. Clap

Still no Who sketches from this product, but at least you got a Martineck!!!
 
Posts: 449 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dalekfan:
Well done. Clap

Still no Who sketches from this product, but at least you got a Martineck!!!


Thanks, mate!!! I did get back my redemptions for the Doctor Who monochrome set and one of them is Robert Hack. Amazing artwork and I think he done the least sketches for the set.

____________________
Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

 
Posts: 1439 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
All the Robert Hack sketches were suppose to be in the year boxes and were shown as been on the year box sketch site page. I only bought the year boxes to get a Hack sketch and to find some may not have been included is very annoying as the odds were 14 to 1. So well done for getting one.
 
Posts: 293 | Location: redcar,UK | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sittin9duck:
All the Robert Hack sketches were suppose to be in the year boxes and were shown as been on the year box sketch site page. I only bought the year boxes to get a Hack sketch and to find some may not have been included is very annoying as the odds were 14 to 1. So well done for getting one.


Yeah, unless I am mistaken, I think I am the only one currently with his sketch. I don't think a lot of the Doctor Who sketches were put inside the yearboxes even though it was advertised as such. Very misleading info!!!! But at least I know my Hack sketch is now going to a good home.

____________________
Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

 
Posts: 1439 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
Well done Cardz House. Thumb Up

The Robert Hack sketch turning up on redemption is a point marked down for Strictly Ink IMHO. Shake Head I'm always prepared to play the odds, but moving the goalposts just isn't fair, SI....

A Hack sketch is on my wants list and its only a matter of time...
 
Posts: 449 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Odd that a dealer, I assume, gets three out of four boxes with TWO sketches. Whereas practically all the rest, collectors, are only getting the one sketch.

Not criticising, just musing. Curious?
 
Posts: 51 | Location: Scotland | Registered: June 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
One Dr Who sketch from all the box breakdowns is puzzling. There should have been more as the odds were about 1 in 3. Maybe they are in the higher numbered boxes as most of the boxes so far have been low.
 
Posts: 293 | Location: redcar,UK | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
The breakdowns up to now would suggest most common ratio is 2 sketches per box. In only 1 and just 1 box, there appeared 3 sketches. Also, what is strange is that almost no Doctor Who sketches has been pulled, majority are CSI which is a bit disappointing.

____________________
Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

 
Posts: 1439 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
The ONLY reason I would buy a yearbox is to have a chance at a decent Doctor Who sketch. I am not bothered about sketches from either of the other sets. I am quite relieved that I did not bother when I got the invite from Strictly Ink. It does seem rather one sided with odds stacked against you when you purchase the Yearbox. I think it is a way for Strictly Ink to get rid of old stock and make a healthy profit into the bargain. I must say the breakdowns so far are not entirely unexpected and at £100 a pop I am very dissapointed, but not as dissapointed as I would have if I had decided to buy one...
 
Posts: 277 | Location: Hell, England | Registered: December 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post



Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaseb:
The ONLY reason I would buy a yearbox is to have a chance at a decent Doctor Who sketch. I am not bothered about sketches from either of the other sets. I am quite relieved that I did not bother when I got the invite from Strictly Ink. It does seem rather one sided with odds stacked against you when you purchase the Yearbox. I think it is a way for Strictly Ink to get rid of old stock and make a healthy profit into the bargain. I must say the breakdowns so far are not entirely unexpected and at £100 a pop I am very dissapointed, but not as dissapointed as I would have if I had decided to buy one...


Ah, Jaseb have you been reading my mind. I am with you on this one. When the monochrome box came out, I got no sketch, therefore the chance of me buying the yearbox was zero. £100 is a lot of cash for something that I already have, with little or no chance of a Dr Who sketch.
 
Posts: 1773 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
Well, as I bought and failed guys, I think I have to say that you were both very wise and I applaud that Clap. I, however, am left with a hole in my bank balance. No one to blame but myself but I guess I DID get ONE Who sketch from my 4 Year Boxes!!! Shake Head

Question is: if there are Year Boxes left unsold (which looks likely now as invites have been sent out again), how can one get one's hands on the Who cards which we know are languishing in the unopened Year Boxes ('cause they certainly haven't been springing from the boxes opened by people on here)?

Possibly eventually Barrie will split them and sell them individually on that well known auction site?? Or even offer them to previous Year Box buyers??Twak

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dalekfan,
 
Posts: 449 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
To be quite honest I don't think the Yearbox has been the great success that Barry thought it would be. I only ever signed up for the newsletter to try and get a Monochrome box. I ended up buying two but was never offered one direct from Strictly Ink, having said that I have now had 2 e-mails offering me a Yearbox. With the Yearboxes it seems to be a lottery, with a very expensive entrance fee. Looking at what others have said and pulled from a Yearbox I think Barry will be stuck maybe upwards of fifty boxes and would not be in the least bit suprised if they did not end up as "sale" items through the website like the surplus Definitve Series 3 Autographs. I don't like this one bit and to be quite honest after seeing many years of good product from SI feel that they have dropped tha ball on this one, especially as a Hack (The only reason for a box) has turned up not in a box, but as a redeption from the Monochrome set. This only adds insult to injury and they are likely to lose sales over this. I was doubious about Inkworks getting the licence, but now we shall see...
 
Posts: 277 | Location: Hell, England | Registered: December 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
I never even got an invite the first time,the first one turned up only after I'd ordered a box of CSI:NY. And having seen the breakdowns for the yearbox I'm not the least bit tempted to get one.

____________________
"No time like the present to change the future"
 
Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaseb:
To be quite honest I don't think the Yearbox has been the great success that Barry thought it would be. I only ever signed up for the newsletter to try and get a Monochrome box. I ended up buying two but was never offered one direct from Strictly Ink, having said that I have now had 2 e-mails offering me a Yearbox. With the Yearboxes it seems to be a lottery, with a very expensive entrance fee. Looking at what others have said and pulled from a Yearbox I think Barry will be stuck maybe upwards of fifty boxes and would not be in the least bit suprised if they did not end up as "sale" items through the website like the surplus Definitve Series 3 Autographs. I don't like this one bit and to be quite honest after seeing many years of good product from SI feel that they have dropped tha ball on this one, especially as a Hack (The only reason for a box) has turned up not in a box, but as a redeption from the Monochrome set. This only adds insult to injury and they are likely to lose sales over this. I was doubious about Inkworks getting the licence, but now we shall see...


I'm with you on this - 2 boxes represents a waste of £200 for me. I was also disappointed with the way the goal posts were moved with the CSI cases - more expensive cases for Miami/NY (more boxes, I know) after I had ordered a year in advance & the amount of advertised sketch cards that never seem to appear anywhere. There is one seller on e-bay selling large numbers of CSI sketch cards - given the 2/3 in each case they must have purchased half of SI's stock!!!
 
Posts: 11999 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
I got one Yearbox but was pleased with the sketches I got:



Cat Staggs

and



Tom Hodges

I too have received the offer twice more, but don't have the money so soon after Christmas.

I also didn't have the New Avengers or CSI set included or most of the promos, so I'm very happy overall.

____________________
Any airsofters out there ?
 
Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by jaseb:
To be quite honest I don't think the Yearbox has been the great success that Barry thought it would be. I only ever signed up for the newsletter to try and get a Monochrome box. I ended up buying two but was never offered one direct from Strictly Ink, having said that I have now had 2 e-mails offering me a Yearbox. With the Yearboxes it seems to be a lottery, with a very expensive entrance fee. Looking at what others have said and pulled from a Yearbox I think Barry will be stuck maybe upwards of fifty boxes and would not be in the least bit suprised if they did not end up as "sale" items through the website like the surplus Definitve Series 3 Autographs. I don't like this one bit and to be quite honest after seeing many years of good product from SI feel that they have dropped tha ball on this one, especially as a Hack (The only reason for a box) has turned up not in a box, but as a redeption from the Monochrome set. This only adds insult to injury and they are likely to lose sales over this. I was doubious about Inkworks getting the licence, but now we shall see...


I'm with you on this - 2 boxes represents a waste of £200 for me. I was also disappointed with the way the goal posts were moved with the CSI cases - more expensive cases for Miami/NY (more boxes, I know) after I had ordered a year in advance & the amount of advertised sketch cards that never seem to appear anywhere. There is one seller on e-bay selling large numbers of CSI sketch cards - given the 2/3 in each case they must have purchased half of SI's stock!!!


Actually the only real complaint I have with my boxes was the heavy biase towards the additional cards being from the CSI set. I was hoping for some Who or New Avengers content. Pleased with additional promo sets especially the UNCLE one. Just a shame I had already spent money on a great deal of the content seperately.
 
Posts: 51 | Location: Scotland | Registered: June 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by minigiles:
Just a shame I had already spent money on a great deal of the content seperately.


Exactly!! What's the point in buying something you already have master sets of. I think Barrie has to rethink his strategy.
 
Posts: 1773 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
But I didn't so it was a pretty good buy for me Big Grin

____________________
www.de-predikanten.be

A belgian hiphop group
 
Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5  
 

Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Yearbox 2006 (Strictly Ink)

© Non-Sport Update 2013