Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars Galaxy 5 (Topps 2010)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Galaxy 5 (Topps 2010)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted
Here are the hits from my 2 cases. I will post the ones from my buddy's case this evening after he comes by and opens his case.

Case 1

Zack Giallongo Talon Karrde and Howard Shum Luke

John Haun C3PO and Jeremy Treece Dash Rendar

Jamie Snell Boba Fett and Jason Sobol Starkiller

Gabe Farber Naboo Fighter and....missing sketch

Kenny Baker Auto

Boba Fett by Mike LM Kelly (Le Merde) ...damaged in the pack out process...or is it distressed?

Palpetine by 2NGAW (Jennyson Allan Borlongan Rosero)

Case 2

Howard Shum Han Solo and John P Wales Boba Fett

Jon Morris Salacious Crumb and Dustin Foust Yoda

Irma Ahmed Juhani and Jamie Snell Ahsoka Tano

Ted Dastick Jr Young Obi-Wan and Scott Rorie R2D2

Even Piell by Angie Dutchess

Black Press Plate of card 15 Aayla Securea with art done by Alison Sohn[/quote]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: igman7,

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of anjee
posted Hide Post
man- you got some great pulls. that rorie r2d2 is sweet!

Posts: 310 | Location: madison,wi | Registered: January 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Nice pulls, Love Teds's sketch and the R2 is great, I'd be well pleased with that case. Only another 7-10 days before I get mine Frown

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Jas:
Nice pulls, Love Teds's sketch and the R2 is great, I'd be well pleased with that case. Only another 7-10 days before I get mine Frown

Same here, ted's card is beautiful along with that r2

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
3 cases tomorrow. I may open one if the cracked cases on here or Scoundrel look good all around. Only time will tell.

Posts: 575 | Location: USA | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Here are the results of my buddy's case...

Yakface by Zack Giallongo and Chewie by Jim Kyle

Lando being choked out by Chewy by Steve Oatney and Uncle Ben negotiating with the Jawa by Braden Lamb

Obi-Wan by Hayden Davis and Stormtrooper by Kevin Graham

Starship battle by David Rabbitte

Panel 1 of 4 of Darth Vader by Jen Mercer

NO Die-Cut!

But he did get these...

I don't think he will complain too much.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: igman7,

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
igman...looks like you and your friend got some very nice cards all-around Metal

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
Are the autos on card or stickers

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardinalfan13:
Are the autos on card or stickers

They are Stickers

Posts: 348 | Location: La Palma, CA | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
The character is Yakface by Zack Giallongo.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Am I the only one not liking the background image Topps put on the sketch blanks? Shake Head

Really distracts from the art.

Ed, whose cases didn't show up today. Confused

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Yes Ed, you are the only one bugged by that beautiful watermark. Twak

Anjee! Thanks, I was quite stoked to have pulled both a Rorie and a Farber. While I wish they would have been different subjects, the perspective on the Rorie is really unique.

Jas and David, Quite pleased with the Obi-Wan by Ted as well...it is mt third favorite of the bunch.

Bernie, Thanks! We were both pleased with our cases...him not as much on the sketches as having 2 autos.

M.O.C. Thanks for the ID!

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
The watermark looks a lot like the Death Star trench from the old arcade game, shame someone didn't draw an arcade style X-Wing right in the middle Big Grin

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
In very rare instances, it works well as a frame...see the Starkiller by Sobol. It really sucks when you can still make it out through color cards like the Ahsoka by Snell and the Rorie though.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Jas and David, Quite pleased with the Obi-Wan by Ted as well...it is mt third favorite of the bunch.

Woohoo, bronze medal! Big Grin

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I'm interested in what you'll get from a box - looks like one sketch per box, and an auto or die-cut every 4 boxes, what other inserts? Do you get a base set per box?

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An auto or Die Cut is not every 4 boxes. Die cuts run (on average) 1 per roughly 8 boxes, and autographs are something like 1:12 boxes. You COULD have a case with neither, because Topps made sure to put ON AVERAGE for everything but the regular sketch cards.

There are etched foil inserts, lost galaxy inserts, foil card inserts (regular, bronze, gold, and platinum) 1/1 printing plates, there are also Manga sketch cards that are around 1:12 boxes as well.

Posts: 10 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
The odds per pack are as follows:

Regular sketch cards 1:24
Die-cut sketch cards 1:192
Manga sketch card 1:274
Autograph 1:274
Printing Plates 1:571
Lost Galaxy 1:24
Foil 1:3
Foil Bronze 1:24
Foil Gold 1:39 (#' to 770)
Foil Refractor 1:17488
Etched Foil 1:6
Etched Original 1:43720

Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
Regular sketch cards 1:24 (1 per Box)
Die-cut sketch cards 1:192 (1:8 Boxes)
Manga sketch card 1:274 (1:11.4 Boxes)
Autograph 1:274 (1:11.4 Boxes)
Printing Plates 1:571 (1:23.8 Boxes)
Lost Galaxy 1:24 (1 per Box)
Foil 1:3 (8 per Box)
Foil Bronze 1:24 (1 per Box)
Foil Gold 1:39 (#' to 770) (4.9 per case)
Foil Refractor 1:17488 (1:728.6 Boxes)
Etched Foil 1:6 (4 per Box)
Etched Original 1:43720 (1:1821.6 boxes)

Posts: 348 | Location: La Palma, CA | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
quote:

Woohoo, bronze medal! Big Grin

Wear it proudly, sir!