Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars Galaxy 5 (Topps 2010)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Galaxy 5 (Topps 2010)
 Login/Join

Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
The Hamill is by far the rarest.

Theres R2, Vader(x2), Chewie, Bobafett & the Hamill. Congrats on your great pull.

Posts: 348 | Location: La Palma, CA | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi guys
Just wondering .. did Topps "seed" any boxes that were released with multiple sketches as a special box ? I opened a box yesterday and received quite a number of sketches from it .. just trying to find out some info.
Cheers
Graham

Posts: 2 | Location: Brisbane, Australia | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
hi Graham - welcome to another Australian Smile

The answer to your question is that no, Topps did not intentionally seed any boxes. However, the manga sketch is usually in addition to a regular sketch. In addition, Topps collation is all over the place and there were lots of dud boxes - you must have got one at the overload end.

Jen

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jen

I thought i'd ask, as I busted a box last night and got 9 (yes NINE) sketches in the one box!

They appeared in (from front to back) pack 1, 3, 5, 7, 11, 14, 18, 21 & 24.

The rest of the box had 4 foils, 1 gold foil and 6 foil etch cards.

I'm guessing that you guys haven't heard of this happening before ? I have 2 other boxes from the same case that I will open probably today - not really expecting the same luck!

Cheers
Graham

Posts: 2 | Location: Brisbane, Australia | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CASE BREAK GALAXY 5

ARTIST ??????????

DENISE VASQUEZ

HOWARD SHUM

ZACK GIALLONGO

BILL PULKOVSKI

MICHAEL DURAN

DAVID RABBITE

MATT MINOR

KOSBE DIE CUT

JARED DEAL DIE CUT

MANGA TOMOKO TANIGUCHI (WOW)

Posts: 22 | Location: AMERICA | Registered: February 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Pulled a nice Jabba by Chrissie Zullo.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
Here are the pics I have available today. Photobucket was under maintenance will my 270+ images were uploading and only got 180 some of the pics. I will have to upload again tomorrow. It took forever. Anyways here you go everyone!

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
show off

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Boxes hold 24 packs of 7 cards. Expect 1.26 base sets of 120 if collation were perfect.

BOX 1

Base cards (110): no set, 13 short of 1st, 40 doubles, 2 threes
Foil cards (15, 1:3 packs): 2 4 7 8 10 11 13 14 15 [1 extra]
Bronze Foil parallels (15, 1:24 packs): 3 8 [1 extra]
Gold Foil parallels (15, 1:39 packs): 7 [217/770]
Refractor Foil parallels (15, 1/1, 1:17,488 packs): none
Etched Foil Puzzle Cards (6, 1:6 packs): 3 5 6 [1 short]
Original Etched Foil Artwork (6, 1/1, 1:43,720 packs): none
Lost Galaxy Cards (5, 1:24 packs): none [1 short]
Printing Plates (480, 1:571 packs): none
Autograph Cards (6, 1:274 packs): none
Sketch Cards (121 artists, 1:24 packs): John Watkins-Chow, Sarah Wilkinson [1 extra]
Die-Cut Sketch Cards (44 artists, 1:192 packs): none
Box-Topper Poster (18" x 24"): yes

BOX 2

Base cards (110): no set, 1 short of 1st, 33 doubles
Foil cards (15, 1:3 packs): 1 3 4 5 8 9 11 14
Bronze Foil parallels (15, 1:24 packs): 12
Gold Foil parallels (15, 1:39 packs): 1 [727/770]
Refractor Foil parallels (15, 1/1, 1:17,488 packs): none
Etched Foil Puzzle Cards (6, 1:6 packs): 1 2 3 5
Original Etched Foil Artwork (6, 1/1, 1:43,720 packs): none
Lost Galaxy Cards (5, 1:24 packs): none [1 short]
Printing Plates (480, 1:571 packs): none
Autograph Cards (6, 1:274 packs): none
Sketch Cards (121 artists, 1:24 packs): Darrin Radimaker
Die-Cut Sketch Cards (44 artists, 1:192 packs): none
Box-Topper Poster (18" x 24"): yes

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Victory_is_Mine!!
posted Hide Post
Can anybody help on the artist for this sketch?

http://www.dustcatchers.com/ccards/jabba_508.jpg

Posts: 86 | Location: Iowa | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Victory_is_Mine!!:
Can anybody help on the artist for this sketch?

That continuous line drawing style is very distinctive. I know Mark MacHaley does this but it's not one of his. You could try the sketchcollectors site to look for similar style sketches.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Chrisahend
posted Hide Post
If it's not McHaley it may be Soni Alcorn-Hender.

Posts: 869 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: November 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chrisahend:
If it's not McHaley it may be Soni Alcorn-Hender.

I think you are correct.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Victory_is_Mine!!
posted Hide Post
I appreciate the help. We have looked over tons of images on ebay and other sites, and couldn't find one similar to this, that didn't have an artists mark we could identify. I like to put the artist and the print run, if possible, on a sticker on the back of the top load, before I put the cards away.

Posts: 86 | Location: Iowa | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post