Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars Galaxy 5 (Topps 2010)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Galaxy 5 (Topps 2010)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
The sketch in question is by Darla Ecklund. Wave

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

Sorry to bother but can someone help identify this artist/ I spent hours on Ebay and checked the board here but cant seem to find it.

here is the sketch

Posts: 33 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: April 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
That is by Nolan Woodard...and quite nice.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nolan Woodard

Thanks Igman7

Posts: 33 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: April 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
By the way, David, when are we going to see you on one of these Star Wars sets?

for the time being, my work on SW is on PSC. While I haven't done a lot of SW work (bout 15 in my gallery I think), I'll try to find the time to draw some cool ones with multi-imaging and really high detailed in 2010. There is so much to draw from.
thanks for your interest
do you collect psc or only licensed work btw?

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the ID on the Ecklund, Iggy!

And David, I'm not really even a sketch card collector (more of a trading card collector in general), but work by the likes of you, Sean Pence, Len Bellinger, and some of the other heavyweights is hard to ignore, and almost impossible not to covet. My Sean Pence Spirit sketches are two of my all time favorite cards, and I've got a Kate Bradley MMIII artist return that I absolutely adore. Commission wise, I wouldn't even know what to ask you for given your amazing range and ability!

OK, back to breakdowns...

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Ed (Sci-Fi Cards) for picking out 2 great boxes:

Box 1:
=====
1 Base Set
0 Autograph
0 Die-Cut Sketch
4 Etched Foil 3,4,5,6
8 Foil Art 2,4,6,7,10,12,13,15
1 Foil Art Bronze 11
1 Foil Art Gold 2
1 Lost Galaxy 3
1 Sketch Farber

Box 2:
=====
1 Base Set
0 Autograph
1 Die-Cut Sketch Appro Nation
4 Etched Foil 2,3,4,5
8 Foil Art 3,4,7,8,9,12,13,15
1 Foil Art Bronze 14
1 Foil Art Gold 11
1 Lost Galaxy 1
1 Sketch Davies

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Yes indeed Mike, I'd say I held a couple of good ones just for you. Thumb Up

Alway glad to see great pulls out of boxes I sell. Clap

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Hey Mike, You don't like die-cuts..remember. Razz
I have a couple of UFC cards that I can send you for it. Wink

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
Hey Mike, You don't like die-cuts..remember. Razz
I have a couple of UFC cards that I can send you for it. Wink

I think I can make an exception for this one even though it has some wrapper grooves in the bottom. Too bad I didn't pull a Walks to go along with it.

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
I am little late on this product but my 4 cases will be here tomorrow and I will start posting breaks!

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

1/2 way done. Some great and some not so great. Any Help with the Artists would be appreciated.

ThanksSmile

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
1st Picture

Top Row (left to right)
LORD MESA Denise Vasquez HOWARD SHUM

Middle Row
Robert Teranishi X3 RICH MOLLINELLI

Bottom Row
Bill Pulkovski KEVIN LIELL Randy Martinez

In the bottom pic, your Manga sketch is by Tomiko Toniguchi (that may be slightly wrong, the name is actually pretty readable on the card)
The nice Obi-Wan Kenobi is by Bryan Morton. He went off on this set and did lots of great cards. T
The Wolfman in color is by Todd Smith III (I believe, I'll double check.
I'm no help with the Jabba's Palace musician or the Clone Trooper in color, I'm having a hard time making out their signatures.
Your die cut is by Kosbe. Nice one, it also looks to be undamaged, so that's another plus (many of the Die Cut cards moved in the packing process and have crimp marks on the from being press between the pack sealers. Some are even missing pieces.
Congrats on the printing plate. Those are not in every case, not even close.
Did you get any autographs yet?

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Any Help on these Artists would be great. ThanksSmile

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flag City Collectibles:

I did these two. Smile

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
quote:

I did these two. Smile

I like tose two Metal

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
quote:

I did these two. Smile

Ted, I love the clever way you did Padme. I hope to see more of this style in the future!

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mintoncard:
Ted, I love the clever way you did Padme. I hope to see more of this style in the future!

Thanks! I'll probably revisit the idea again, but maybe with a different spin. Smile

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wax Wombat
posted Hide Post
Hehe, I love seeing Ted's stuff show up in the wild. Smile

Posts: 52 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: June 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have a list of the autograph signers and rareity levels??

just opened 1 box and pulled a Mark Hamill auto so I think I'm done opening.

Dave

Posts: 507 | Location: MA | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post