Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars Galaxy 5 (Topps 2010)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Galaxy 5 (Topps 2010)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
I love that Muppet card. Let me know if you want to part with it. Thumb Up

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Got my box today - thank you Ed - here's how it broke down:
1 Base set or 120 cards, plus 33 extras
8 Silver Foils
1 Bronze Foil
4 Etched Foil
1 Lost Galaxy
1 Sketch Kir Kanos by ? Lord -10 ?

A bit disapointed no auto, printing plate or die cut. The sketch is nicely done, but can't find any reference to "Lord -10"

I've picked up a few loose packs, so I'm mostly done with foils, but no sketch from them either. Base cards are beautiful, but has anyone noticed Mark McHaley's card has his name misspelled as Mark Mahaley?

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Don: Lord Mesa signed his cards Lord 10. There's a post of his cards over on Scoundrel.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Thanks AJJ - I'll take a look over there.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
Base cards are beautiful, but has anyone noticed Mark McHaley's card has his name misspelled as Mark Mahaley?

I'll bet Mark noticed. Wink

That stinks. Frown

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
One of my customers bought a box the other day and pulled a Jeremy Bulloch autograph and really nice full color sketch that's part of a puzzle (3-piece, I think). He told me the name of the artist but I can't remember. I took a picture of the cards and will try to post it later.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
I just finished busting my case. Had i box with no sketch, but otherwise very pleased. I'llk post the brakdown and scans soon.

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know the autograph breakout. I pulled a James Earl Jones auto (same picture as the David Prowse. The sketch was ok. Will try to post pictures later.

Posts: 34 | Location: Richmond, Va | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
1 Hobby box
24 packs, 7 cards each

1 Very Near SET (missing #35 Mad)
1 Lost Galaxy 4/5
1 Gold parallel 13/15 #534/770
1 Bronze parallel 4/15
4 Etch foils 3,4,5,6
8 foils 2,4,7,9,10,12,13,15
1 sketch (Cantina Band member, I think?)

Overall grade B-
Positives: Impressive Base card art, adding color to foils is a marked improvement.
Negatives: Incomplete set in my box, and generally junk sketches are still a risk. Both are inexcusible!!! With better quality control this release could easily be A-/A.

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Found a gravity feed at a local Target today. Bought some packs(8). There was 36 packs in the gravity feed. Pulled a gold foil, 2 silver, 2 etched and a Art Grafunkel Boba Fett sketch!!!!!!

Best $25 I've spent in a long time!!!!

Posts: 29 | Location: Turlock CA USA | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Well I bought 3 packs from a local card shop and got a gold foil, 5 of 15 699/770, and this Darth Maul sketch by Jennifer Mercer.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
oooo.
I like that sketch.

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi millhouse here i got a case and 2 loose boxes and got the following sketch cards

I all so got 10 bronze foil cards and 7 gold foil cards and all 15 silver foil cards and all 5 lost galaxy cards. I am am really happy with my sketch card pulls

from a really happy millhouse Elephant Elephant Elephant

Posts: 757 | Location: london england | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Received my 1st 4 boxes today. Wow what a beautiful set! Love the Silver foils, the etched foils, the base set, all of it!

4 boxes, 4 sketches, 3 Gold Parallels, 1 set of Etched foils and 1 set of Silver foils.

The sketches:

This really nice Tim Proctor sketch (he signed it on the back of the card too)

And then by far the best sketch card I've think I've ever pulled.........

Never did I think I'd get lucky and pull a Walks card! It went straight into a hard case after I finally stopped staring at it going "no way!" lol Elephant Elephant Elephant

Definitely didn't care after that that I didn't pull any autos, or extra sketch cards!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Ed who managed to find me some, my 2 cases arrived. I opened 1 immediately but promised to wait for some 'assistance' before opening the other, so the other break will be tonight. Collation was good on sketches but I only got 2 complete sets of the etched foils which is kind of annoying. Hopefully my other case will balance out. Other pulls:
Gold foils: 5 8 13
Auto: Mayhew
Plates: None Frown
Manga sketch: 1
Die cut: Jason Adams
Sketches: 8

Scans:
- Monte Moore ( Smile I am strictly collecting scenes and ships)
- Jamie Snell
- Zach Giallongo
- Kevin Doyle
- Jeremy Treece (unsigned)
- Jason Keith Phillips
- Robert Teranishi (Topps need high volume artists and Teranishi does a nice job)
- (Manga) G. Dee
- Robert Hendrickson Eek This is a beautiful sketch of Yoda, one of only 7 watercolours he did in his 100

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tangent,

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
very nice sketches youse guys Metal

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Bit of a last minute thing. Wasn't sure whether to get a box of this or not, but I bit the bullet and did. My usual dealer had a couple left so I got one. I hoped for a base set & a sketch - didn't mind what, maybe a nice b&w one.

I was pleased therefore to get a nice Magenta printing plate of card #76, as I did rather well pulling 3 in 6 boxes in the Galaxy 4 release:

However, never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine that I would own one of these, let alone pull one:

You read about the one-box wonders - this time it's me !

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
2 cases worth of sketches:

Good stuff, possibly the finest Star Wars "Base" Card set ever, high praise indeed as I hold many of them in high regard. Haven't sorted them all yet, but each box I have has held a complete base set, and I imagine the 16 small piles of dupes I'll have at the end could comprise a few more.

I am more of a card collector than a sketch collector, so while I don't keep a lot of my sketches, the card collector in me requires at least one of each sketch card back for my collection, so I was bummed to get no die-cuts in either case, and I wouldn't have minded getting a retail sketch in one of my boxes, as has happened in some breakdowns I have seen. That would've nullified my need to go get one just for the card back variation.

One 8 box case had the plate and and an autograph. The other had 2 autographs.

Each case had 8 regular sketches. Each case breakdown in shown it's own picture (as best as I can remember anyway.) One of the cases (the one with the awesome Grievous sketch) had a single pack in it that held both of the 2 Manga sketches shown.

Unlike some others, I put together a fair amount of the insert sets, but only one of the 5 card Lost Galaxy set (out of 3 sets possible in 2 cases). Golds were 4-5 per case. Ended up with 2 doubles, so I have about half a set of those and will definitely finish that.

Congrats to everyone with the great pulls. Would've loved a Pence, Bellinger, or Walks (to name a few) for the permanent collection, but it was literally not in the cards" for me this time out. I will say the David Rabbitte Chewbacca is one of the finest Chewie sketches I've even seen. Thanks for the extra effort, David!

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
I agree the Chewie is very well done along with that cute manga Padme, I see that signature a lot, but idk who is the artist?

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Good question, David. I'm not sure of that artist's name either but all the ones from him/her that I've seen are pretty nice. Their popularity, value wise, seems to hinge on whether or not a female character is depicted. I like the Manga Princess Leia from D-Gee (Dax Gordine), so it looks like I might find out what it's worth.

But I probably should've indentified the other artists for newer collectors not as familiar with sketch card artists.

The Biker Scout is by Jason Sobol and its actually a self portrait as Jason drew himself in the costume he wore for his first 501st experience. Nice card, nice backstory!

The Oola (Green Lady) is by Josh Fargher

The Padme puzzle piece is by Bryan Morton.

The Ewok profile is by Zach Giallongo and the Ewok WICKET is by Grant Gould

The full color Han Solo is by Nina Edlund

The awesome Grievous is by Matt Minor

The Ewok hugging Artoo is by Jay Fosgitt

The Anakin in pencil is by Howard Shum and the one in Ink is by Robert Teranishi

Darth Traya is by Jason Keith Phillips

There are two cards by Irma (AIMO) Ahmed an they are the Atris and the Garth Onasi. Those have the character names written on the side of the card

The Count Dooku is by Jon Morris.

I mentioned the Chewbacca by Rabbitte

Finally, the one smack dab in the center, the Emperor's Royal (Crimson) Guard if I'm not mistaken, is by an artist unknown to me. I welcome that information and any corrections to the above.

By the way, David, when are we going to see you on one of these Star Wars sets?

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post